Did anybody know that the World Series was being played?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If your team sucks, you turn it off. I am (was) a Reds fan. I turned it off when they signed Deon Sanders and haven't looked back.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yes. I did notice. I live in Los Angeles.

**** the Red Sox. **** Boston. And **** the entire New England area in general. Most obnoxious, insufferable fan base in the history of sports. The curse ended 100 years too early. :tongue:

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I think part of the problem is that Boston is such a heavy favorite, that people aren't watching cause they feel like they know the outcome already. Thats my excuse anyways. I've been telling my friends for months that the NL doesn't stand a chance this year, and I'm a Cubs fan.

Probably true. AL is stacked this year. NY won over 100 games and still lose their division by 8 games. Houston, NY, Boston are in a league of their own this year

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Probably true. AL is stacked this year. NY won over 100 games and still lose their division by 8 games. Houston, NY, Boston are in a league of their own this year

And ...that reliever Kelly looks like an accountant but throws like a Beast!
Kimbrel and Eovaldi are top shelf.

As a Rockies fan I say:

**** the Dodgers-

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If your team sucks, you turn it off. I am (was) a Reds fan. I turned it off when they signed Deon Sanders and haven't looked back.
Is there any Ohio sports team you don’t root for?

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I hate the Red sox, but there is no doubt they've built a dominant club. On the other hand I have no clue
what Roberts was doing sitting his lefty bashers in the first two games. Sometimes managers overplay
the lefty- lefty matchup. I can understand sitting Joc. He can't hit anything but a fastball,
but Max and Bellinger are the best power sources the dodgers have. Sitting both was silly. If the Dodgers
can't win tonight then it will be a sweep. Rich Hill and his two pitch repertoire will get crushed by the Sox in game 4.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
Benny Biceps!

Going to be interesting to see what AC does with the lineup in LA. I know he mentioned playing Mook at 2nd which imo is the way to go about it. JD is zoned in and we cant let his bat sit on the bench. JBJ is too good of a defensive player to leave on the bench. Kinsler has been awful since we acquired him. Sit him and get JD into left.

Would also like to see maybe a little more Holt than Kinsler also...

I think JBJ is the odd man out. I’m with you on moving Mookie to second because I dont want any of the B boys on the pine. Doesn’t sound like Cora agrees though. I hate pitchers having to bat; you play with nine but hit with eight. I think that’s an advantage, albeit small, for LA.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Game 2 of the 2007 WS -- 11 years ago today. My broker-dealer flew me up for it. This was the muttley crew that went, me on the left. Schilling was money and the Red Sox won, 2-1.

Fenway, and esp Yawkey Boulevard before the game, was a total blast.
d19401ecebfe3b3639dadec72a274aa0.jpg

You actually resemble your Avatar. I mean, you don't resemble SOS but you do your Avatar.

And Tebow looks swole in that RedSox jacket. :wink:

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Could care less. When I was growing up I could name you at least five players a team and everyone on the Braves roster. Now I would be lucky to name five Braves. I just stopped caring years ago. Season is to long and I have to much to do.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
World Series, eh? Which countries are competing?

I gave up on baseball way back when they ran out of prima donna players for their 'all star' game.

Great White Buffalo

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2017
I hate the Red sox, but there is no doubt they've built a dominant club. On the other hand I have no clue
what Roberts was doing sitting his lefty bashers in the first two games. Sometimes managers overplay
the lefty- lefty matchup. I can understand sitting Joc. He can't hit anything but a fastball,
but Max and Bellinger are the best power sources the dodgers have. Sitting both was silly. If the Dodgers
can't win tonight then it will be a sweep. Rich Hill and his two pitch repertoire will get crushed by the Sox in game 4.

Joc hit a dinger on a change up tonight... but totally agree with you otherwise. On top of overplaying the lefty-lefty match up, Kiki Hernandez is 3-32 in the postseason, and one of those was an infield hit. No way you can keep Bellinger or Muncy out with a guy with little powers hitting below .100. With all of that said, according to my son's hitting coach, most managers, including Roberts and most likely Cora, aren't making the decisions on the lineups. Front offices are using analytics and telling the managers who to start, while the managers make the in-game decisions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.