Does This Explain Why Jim is Unhappy?

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
His wife will be callling 9-1-1 when he gets home from Jax. "Speak to me Urban speak to me."

Joe....... You just solved the problem. Let’s rent a freshly painted ‘EMS’ vehicle and leave it parked on the street in front of his house the day of the UGA game.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What would you think if Mac said this?

“I think the team needs to hear a new message, a new voice, from another coach.”

What SOS told USCe two years ago.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Like ferg said, I really dont know if this is true or not but there does seem to be some indicators if you watch the pressers and the overall demeanor he displays. Its not overtly evident but overtime there seems to be some subtle hints of frustration and unhappiness that you probably wouldnt catch onto if you werent looking for it.

I know he's referenced before how florida fans maybe ran out of town some previous coaches (maybe spurrier/ Urban references?) or something along those lines.
Also, I think at sec media days this summer he was talking about how he loved going back home for a vacation ( i assume ) to Montana and maybe even referenced retirement there.

It started with his dumbazz comment about how he was brought here to get to ATL and people were upset at his answer. He was brought here to WIN in ATL not just get there. He peaked at 6-0 and is an average coach at best. Harsh but reality. I hope he quits. It's a business and let's get someone who wants to be here.

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
My first thought after reading that was "he never was a good fit at the University of Florida or the SEC (as a head coach)".

It's hard to come to the realization that you are a failure at something, especially when you reach the pinnacle of your career. But I don't doubt the validity of that report and do think ole Butters will do well in a conference where he belongs.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
7745254.png

Well then, guess what, the feeling is mutual. He wants out and anyone with a hint of sense wants him out. So that being the case, let us come together, work together and work out an amicable split so that both sides walk away happy.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What would you think if Mac said this?

“I think the team needs to hear a new message, a new voice, from another coach.”

What SOS told USCe two years ago.
I wouldn't give it much thought at all I'd just be happy.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
UF should contact UCF and see about a coaching staff swap, he is , at best, a mid-major coach.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Mac is a laid back guy, maybe too laid back. He logically looks at this situation and realizes the possibility of winning the SEC in the near future, or at all, is low. He knows he's made a lot of money by taking the UF job, and if he leaves of his own accord he can avoid tainting what accomplishments he has made. He then says, "**** it, I don't need this ****."

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Go to Oregon State....please.

I am all in favor of this, but why would OSU make a move now b/c if anyone is paying attention, Nebraska is about to clean house. And guess who is currently Nebraska's HC? Mike Riley. And history has shown us that in Riley's football coaching career, where has he done his best work? Corvallis. Come on Butters. Make some calls and GTFO of here!!!!!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well then, guess what, the feeling is mutual. He wants out and anyone with a hint of sense wants him out. So that being the case, let us come together, work together and work out an amicable split so that both sides walk away happy.

You know Colorado State doesn't want him. They're ranked seventh in total offense.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I still say we fire him "for cause" due to the credit card thing. Just go after him for lack of control, failure to do his job, poor leadership, etc.

Worse case, we settle and pay him a much smaller portion of the buyout. Best case, we owe him nothing. Either way, we need to part ways w/ him, so we might as well come out on top.

We also get the benefit of the doubt that we didn't "run off another coach"....

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He was definitely trying to get the oregon job. No way Oregon would target UF's coach. I doubt he finds a job after his flame out this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.