Does This Explain Why Jim is Unhappy?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I still say we fire him "for cause" due to the credit card thing. Just go after him for lack of control, failure to do his job, poor leadership, etc.

Worse case, we settle and pay him a much smaller portion of the buyout. Best case, we owe him nothing. Either way, we need to part ways w/ him, so we might as well come out on top.

We also get the benefit of the doubt that we didn't "run off another coach"....

I like the idea on the surface, but agents aren't stupid and won't fall for that. We're clearly trying to work the system because we don't want to pay for our mistakes. There'd already be enough heat due to the perception of him winning the East in his first 2 years and us being spoiled. That would only make matters worse.

We just need to take off the neck brace and accept that we made a bad move. If we have a problem dropping millions yet again on a buyout, maybe we should look at our evaluation process and who’s making these decisions.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I still say we fire him "for cause" due to the credit card thing. Just go after him for lack of control, failure to do his job, poor leadership, etc.

Worse case, we settle and pay him a much smaller portion of the buyout. Best case, we owe him nothing. Either way, we need to part ways w/ him, so we might as well come out on top.

Worth a shot

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
It’s best for all to part ways, no doubt in my mind. I’ll wish him the best at his next stop and will hope for success for him. He’s a good guy who cares about his players, however, I don’t think he has the killer instinct needed in the SEC.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What would happen if UF/Striklin had a news conference and basically said nobody is happy with the coaching staff but there's nothing we can do about it because we don't have the money to buy out any contracts right now. Maybe Mac would just quit rather than stay in a town where literally nobody wants him.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What would happen if UF/Striklin had a news conference and basically said nobody is happy with the coaching staff but there's nothing we can do about it because we don't have the money to buy out any contracts right now. Maybe Mac would just quit rather than stay in a town where literally nobody wants him.
It would definitely appease the fans but it would make recruiting even more miserable.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It would definitely appease the fans but it would make recruiting even more miserable.
It would be a ploy to get him to pack his bags and take a job elsewhere. If the doesn't leave after that, then just fire him and pay the damn money.

We can't let this dude hang around and infect the program any more. If he had even a little fire in his belly I'd say lets see what he can do now that some good recruits are finally showing up, but they guy is a zombie.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
He was a horrible fit and Foley needs to be removed from the decision process permanently.

If he wants out get him OUT. He sucks and if he doesn't want to be here...the feeling is mutual.

This is really the key part. He is a bad fit at UF. The best for all is for him to get a job some place like Oregon State. There is no reason to be mad about him possibly wanting out. This would be great news.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I like the idea on the surface, but agents aren't stupid and won't fall for that. We're clearly trying to work the system because we don't want to pay for our mistakes. There'd already be enough heat due to the perception of him winning the East in his first 2 years and us being spoiled. That would only make matters worse.

We just need to take off the neck brace and accept that we made a bad move. If we have a problem dropping millions yet again on a buyout, maybe we should look at our evaluation process and who’s making these decisions.
".... Us being spoiled." I hope you are not suggesting that the UF fans are perceived any differently than other fans. That idea has been thoroughly and voluminously refuted right here on this board. So, please.....

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It would be a ploy to get him to pack his bags and take a job elsewhere. If the doesn't leave after that, then just fire him and pay the damn money.

We can't let this dude hang around and infect the program any more. If he had even a little fire in his belly I'd say lets see what he can do now that some good recruits are finally showing up, but they guy is a zombie.
Well if that's the case I'm all for it. Just fire him if he calls our bluff lol. I think there will be plenty of heat after the georgia game. Usce will be his death blow imo. I find it hard to believe we can't figure out a way to pay him off.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
".... Us being spoiled." I hope you are not suggesting that the UF fans are perceived any differently than other fans. That idea has been thoroughly and voluminously refuted right here on this board. So, please.....
Not sure what YOU are suggesting. UF fans are no more or less critical than any other major college football fans would be after being subjected to, without a doubt, some of the worst offensive football in the last 50 years. Name another school of UF's stature that has had 100 plus ranked offenses for 7 straight years.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Not sure what YOU are suggesting. UF fans are no more or less critical than any other major college football fans would be after being subjected to, without a doubt, some of the worst offensive football in the last 50 years. Name another school of UF's stature that has had 100 plus ranked offenses for 7 straight years.
Shouldn't you be asking sofla? He brought the subject up. Btw, if UF fans were viewed as spoiled, it would not mean that their dissatisfaction was without cause.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Shouldn't you be asking sofla? He brought the subject up. Btw, if UF fans were viewed as spoiled, it would not mean that their dissatisfaction was without cause.
He referred to it being "perception", not a truth.

Your post seemed rather sarcastic and in keeping with some of your disagreements with the sentiments of other posters in stating, "That idea has been thoroughly and voluminously refuted right here on this board. So, please....."

If I'm wrong, my apologies.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014

F it. Pay the man. He might suck the butter stick, but he gave it a shot. This should come out of Foleys retirement pension if anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator