Does This Explain Why Jim is Unhappy?

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
UF may well and rightly choose to live happily with its reputation, but be sure that there are consequences. My State of residence deals with the consequences of having a Confederate flag in the upper left corner of its state flag daily.
Here's a concrete example. National accounting firm has a management position in Mississippi. Wants to fill it from its Florida office. Offers it to one senior CPA who turns it down as does a second
Loves Florida too much and they abhor Mississippi. Third CPA takes promotion finds she and her family adore the state. Likes her job so much she quickly gets further promotions and raises. Love the golf courses, fishing, neighbors, etc. Now neither MS nor the firm lost. Got a good manager and citizen. What they did lose was options. Had to take a third choice.
Here's the point. If UF's reputation forces a third choice for our next coach we might still get a good coach and the right man, but I guarantee that Ox and half the board will melt down at having been refused twice.
I’m gonna be honest, I didn’t even almost follow that.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I quite understand. It was too long for you and NV to read.

Yeah, sure.......... orrrrrrrrrr maybe more like....

analogy.jpg

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
SOS left for the biggest nfl contract in history. Fans? Total bull spit.

#fakenews
Spurrier mentioned the fans when he left. Something about 10 wins a season not being good enough for them. Today he says that the NFL was just something he always wanted to try.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Spurrier mention the fans when he left. Something about 10 wins a season not being good enough for them. Today he says that the NFL was just something he always wanted to try.

I am going off memory but I felt as he was including himself in his thoughts...something to the effect of..."wins were a relief..." something close to that.

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives...ators-gasping-coach-pass-nfl-article-1.489346

There are multiple period piece articles that allude to his love of the NFL and his out period where he could explore NFL opportunities. I am pretty sure the Skins had contacted him behind closed doors.

But...to your point...he hated the fans so much he came BACK to college and even expressed interest in returning to those same fans that ran him off? Dude...come on.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I am going off memory but I felt as he was including himself in his thoughts...something to the effect of..."wins were a relief..." something close to that.

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives...ators-gasping-coach-pass-nfl-article-1.489346

There are multiple period piece articles that allude to his love of the NFL and his out period where he could explore NFL opportunities. I am pretty sure the Skins had contacted him behind closed doors.

But...to your point...he hated the fans so much he came BACK to college and even expressed interest in returning to those same fans that ran him off? Dude...come on.
C'mon Rex. You know that saying you love the NFL is the polite way to exit your Alma mater. The fact that he complained about the fans at all is absolutely definitive.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
C'mon Rex. You know that saying you love the NFL is the polite way to exit your Alma mater. The fact that he complained about the fans at all is absolutely definitive.
No way. Fans are the same everywhere(except probably Duke football fans lol). There's another quote that I can't ever find but he flat out said that his plan was only to coach college for ten years or so and then try to get to the nfl. It's out there but I'm not sure where. I am a Steve-head and I loved his quotes.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Steve nearly left in 96 for Bucs. It might have been better for us. We would have had Stoops for two decades and he did a good job keeping a great OC on staff (starting with Leach?.... maybe). He would have had homefield advantage in Florida instead of trying to recruit kids out of Texas to go to Okie.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So somebody told the fans, this conduit is required for such news-rumors to pop up. This conduit guy told those fans that Spurrier told him that he didn't like the fans, err his fans? Spurrier ain't trivial enough to turn to some fans to announce he doesn't like them? I think fake news has been fostered long ago ... it was called made-up gossip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.