Driskel named starter for Saturday - both QB's will supposedly play

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
"Well, Jeff looked much better in practice. He has had an outstanding week. The problem last week was the bye week, Jeff was honed to such a razor's edge that the extra week kind of threw him off. That's my fault, and I can assure you we'll get it fixed for the Georgia game which is also preceded by a bye week. Treon, being a true freshman just doesn't yet have the knowledge of the offense that Jeff does. As I said before, Jeff reads defenses very well. He puts the ball in the right places. I think everyone will be very proud that Jeff is their quarterback after the Missouri game. For those of you that don't agree with me, I want to know if you know what a midline is?"

Hotrod

Founding Member
R.I.P.
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Harris will get us into the red zone and Chump will put Driskel in to get us into the end zone. What could go wrong?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n78984 said:
Driskel starts but Treon gets snaps early. Safest strategy if Treon doesn't play like most think he will play.

If Treon doesn't play like most think he will, I guarantee he won't make three turnovers and complete nothing but flare passes (at a 50% clip).

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Here's the clip board Jeff, now stand over there until I call you.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n79041 said:
Driskel will start and get at least 90% of snaps, and very possibly all of them. Muschamp may throw the fans a bone and let Harris come in and have a two yard run or something. Don't count on Harris passing even if he takes snaps.

Yeah, that's a solid prediction. Mushchimp certainly does love to put in the backup and make him do nothing but handoff. No sense in showing up Jeff unnecessarily.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n79041 said:
Still holding on, eh? :lol: You'll come around.

Driskel will start and get at least 90% of snaps, and very possibly all of them. Muschamp may throw the fans a bone and let Harris come in and have a two yard run or something. Don't count on Harris passing even if he takes snaps.

Muschamp already proved you wrong in the Tennessee game. Why wouldn't he let Harris play now?

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
This is beyond stupid... Here's exactly what's going to happen. They are going to have a package of plays for Treon. He will come in and do a decent job at them. We will have to pull Jeff in the second half after he commits his third turnover and they Treon will be forced to come in and hopefully save the day. Give Treon the friggin first team snaps this week so he can be fully prepared and develop.... Our coach is insane.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
G 2;n79226 said:
Muschamp already proved you wrong in the Tennessee game. Why wouldn't he let Harris play now?
He was desperate in that game. He has re-established his faith in Jeff. You'll see.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n79231 said:
He was desperate in that game. He has re-established his faith in Jeff. You'll see.

I doubt it. Once he has set the precedent it will be hard to stay with Driskel for more than a half.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
G 2;n79238 said:
I doubt it. Once he has set the precedent it will be hard to stay with Driskel for more than a half.

What was the earlier precedent? It was the fourth quarter? Muschamp isn't a gambler. He's a dinosaur.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
He'll wait for Mauck to wake up and hit stride for a 3 TD lead before even thinking about Treon.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
G 2;n79238 said:
You evidently have a lot more faith in Muschamp than I do. If he even had half a brain, Treon would start and play the entire damn game, sink or swim. What makes you think he's going to do the right thing at this point? You'd think Jeff Driskel was the guy's 10 year old son in a Pee Wee league the way he coddles him and refuses to sit him down.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n79256 said:
You evidently have a lot more faith in Muschamp than I do. If he even had half a brain, Treon would start and play the entire damn game, sink or swim. What makes you think he's going to do the right thing at this point? You'd think Jeff Driskel was the guy's son the way he coddles him and refuses to sit him down.

Someone please photoshop Dunce's face on this........

scarecrow-wizard-of-oz.jpg

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n79256 said:
You evidently have a lot more faith in Muschamp than I do. If he even had half a brain, Treon would start and play the entire damn game, sink or swim. What makes you think he's going to do the right thing at this point? You'd think Jeff Driskel was the guy's 10 year old son in a Pee Wee league the way he coddles him and refuses to sit him down.

I was right there with you that we wouldn't see Harris during the Tennessee game. But since they put him in with the game on the line then, I think it showed a different line of thinking. Roper probably made it, but a change was made. Roper will go back to him if Driskel doesn't produce. Muschamp won't have a leg to stand on to overrule him on this issue since he was proven right. Even on Saturday when Driskel played his best he has in a while, he still lost the game on a stupid decision.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
G 2;n79259 said:
I was right there with you that we wouldn't see Harris during the Tennessee game. But since they put him in with the game on the line then, I think it showed a different line of thinking. Roper probably made it, but a change was made. Roper will go back to him if Driskel doesn't produce. Muschamp won't have a leg to stand on to overrule him on this issue since he was proven right. Even on Saturday when Driskel played his best he has in a while, he still lost the game on a stupid decision.

And that wasn't even 100 passing yards before the bomb he hit on late in the game. That 'best in a while' wouldn't fly at a D-3 school.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
G 2;n79259 said:
I doubt Roper had anything to do with the final decision to put in Harris. Roper probably wants Harris to start, but Muschamp's "always play it safe" philosophy doesn't allow freshman QB's to play much, if at all. I say "probably" because Roper has been gushing and saying all the same propaganda about Driskel to the media just like his boss. Who the hell knows at this point?

My point is, Roper can't "go back" to anyone without Muschamp's say-so. Muschamp doesn't need a "leg to stand on" to overrule anything - he's the head coach and he can tell Roper to shut his pie hole (and probably does all the time - he learned how to treat his subordinates from Saban). He ain't gonna go to Harris unless it's an extremely desperate time.

Saying that, I expect to have a lot of desperate times against Missouri and the rest of the teams on the schedule in general. As long as Driskel is playing we're going to have desperate times. I don't feel we can comfortably beat anyone right now, including Vanderbilt.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
oxrageous;n79261 said:
I don't feel we can comfortably beat anyone right now, including Vanderbilt.
Same here. I remember a time when playing teams that had just come off 41-7 and 34-0 ass whippings meant the Gators were gonna party.....now it's like wait until the last play of the game with a sh!tty team and then get your heart ripped out as a fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.