Driskel Transferring to Duke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Homer J;n130798 said:
I don't mean to bash the kid but who would take him as a starter?

He has Muschamp to thank for a lot of that. He should never have been left in the UT and Mizzou games for as long as he was. It was almost cruel to him as bad as he was playing at the time. Anyone who saw his play in the 4 game stretch will be very leery of even wanting him. One school that could be a possibility might be UCF. He's from right around the corner there and their QB play this year wasn't all that great.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Any athlete that gives his blood, sweat and tears for the O&B and is not an asshat I wish the best of luck. JD probably only wants to play QB, thinks at the right place he can do it well, and wants the chance to redeem himself. Good luck Jeff. I would love for you to stay and help us at TE but follow your dream man.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe Malhzan can turn him into a decent QB.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Attachments

• conv_1597.jpg
    conv_1597.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 26

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n130488 said:
Good point, except that he's terrible at running the read option, because it requires reading and thinking quickly.

Yes it does but with a very limited set of options unlike say a drop back passing attack against decent defenses. Part of Tim's issue is also not being able to react in real time to defenses.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This is the most unselfish thing Driskel can do for the team; free up a scholly and allow the new staff to move on at the QB position. Thank you, Jeff. Good luck to you in your future.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n130483 said:
B.S.

He had the same number of head coaches and coordinators as Chris Leak. Driskel just flat out sucks. Good luck and good riddance.

Leak had better coaches than Driskel every had. Not saying Driskel is a great quarterback, but comparing who Driskel had and who Leak had is night and day.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
8802Gator;n130500 said:
I havent heard of any rules changes. He can transfer and be eligible immediately if he chooses a school that offers a major that UF doesnt offer I believe.

The rule doesn't matter if the major is offered or not, as long as they graduated with a 4 year degree.

Caloosahatchee

I voted for Law!
Sep 12, 2014
RebelGator;n131055 said:
Funny, I thought he was stupid......that's all you read about from certain posters.

And your point is? Honestly tell me that half these guys aren't that bright. I graduated from UF solo. They have tutors, teaching assistance, every leg up you can imagine as a student. Yes, he ain't that bright, yes it's not uncommon, yes he's unusually limited mentally for a qb, and YES HE CAN graduate. Don't make this into more than it is.... even Rapeis will graduate if he stays. Ever heard HIM talk?

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Caloosahatchee;n130477 said:
Wish him the best. Definitely got dealt a bad hand, but I don't know if he ever had it in him mentally. I second what was said about baseball, that is where he should focus his efforts. IMHO.

PS: Long time lurker and occasional poster on GSMB. Place stinks now and got tired of lurking here; So here I am! And yes Ox, I know, get a sig pic or you guys won't take me serious!

Every time I go back to GSMB (sometimes just because I'm reading their site and it's convenient to go their boards) their boards are worse and worse. We all have opinions, I get that. And a lot of us don't agree, I get that too (although, at least now with Mac, there's a bit more unity). But the opinions of their new board members are either (a) naive (b) petulant (c) not based on any kind of facts whatsoever, and most importantly, (d) whiny. I just cannot take it over there anymore. There are few good old-timers still left there, but not enough to make me keep going back.

I got my 3,000th post over there the other day and I got out.

Caloosahatchee

I voted for Law!
Sep 12, 2014
SavannahGator;n131106 said:
Every time I go back to GSMB (sometimes just because I'm reading their site and it's convenient to go their boards) their boards are worse and worse. We all have opinions, I get that. And a lot of us don't agree, I get that too (although, at least now with Mac, there's a bit more unity). But the opinions of their new board members are either (a) naive (b) petulant (c) not based on any kind of facts whatsoever, and most importantly, (d) whiny. I just cannot take it over there anymore. There are few good old-timers still left there, but not enough to make me keep going back.

I got my 3,000th post over there the other day and I got out.

It is truly sad. Just as bad, without a mod like Ox, they allow blatant trolls to post as if they were Gator fans. I complained and had my posts deleted along with a PM from a mod saying they didn't see how it was "trolling", but just a rival fan. Place is dead intellectually and socially and dead to me personally.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
TheDouglas78;n131079 said:
Leak had better coaches than Driskel every had. Not saying Driskel is a great quarterback, but comparing who Driskel had and who Leak had is night and day.
If I am not mistaken CL had three different OFF coordinators in 4 years. I always thought CL was the perfect QB for SOS. And is one of the only non SOS qbs to leave yardage amounts in the top 5. He was a great kid and loyal to a fault. And it payed off in the end.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Leak is still one of my favorite Gator QB's. I can get a neck ache darting back and forth between Wuerffel-Leak-Tebow-Bell. Those are some good memories :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator