Duke "Hidden Treasure" QB heading to Gators?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
If we win would that change your opinion? I don't see any change unless we degrade as a team, have outside issues, or if possibly some home run coach wants to come here.

I don't see any of those things as likely.

I'm thinking 7-5 next year. That'll be 25-13 overall. Flush him.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pretty sure he'll be back for 2018. I think it would take 4-8 or worse in 2017 for him to be shown the door.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pretty sure he'll be back for 2018. I think it would take 4-8 or worse in 2017 for him to be shown the door.

It would be a total waste of a year. Dude is an 8-5 kinda guy. 7-5/8-4 next year is just what he is...no need for a 4th year. None.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It would be a total waste of a year. Dude is an 8-5 kinda guy. 7-5/8-4 next year is just what he is...no need for a 4th year. None.
I concur, but I think it will take a Mushchamp type disaster (4-8) to get him fired this year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm think you're probably right. I've seen zero commitment to building a winning program. Time to just shut it off. No sense in watching the next two years of shyt.

The probably for the Gators is that once people do that, and tens of thousands have long before we diehards consider it, it's hard to win them back.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm think you're probably right. I've seen zero commitment to building a winning program. Time to just shut it off. No sense in watching the next two years of shyt.

The probably for the Gators is that once people do that, and tens of thousands have long before we diehards consider it, it's hard to win them back.
I'll watch, but admittedly with much less interest. Hopefully, I don't fall asleep watching the offensive juggernaut again.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Actually, it does not support Mac as a recruiter. It shows he had talent when he got there (raw or polished is unknown, as most were freshman/sophomores at his arrival), and that he may be the QB whisperer in developing kids (again, where they good before he came, or did he develop them?). All his good QBs came after being under him for a few years. The best we have is LDR in his 3rd year under Mac (magic time, based on history) and Frask in their 2nd year.

Your information also shows that any kids Mac did recruit, didn't jump to the starting position quickly, and if they became starters (star or not) it was after he left.

I don't like Marianna's attitude in some of his responses, but I think he's right in what he presents. Mac hasn't shown the ability to recruit QBs. And the history of 'developing' QBs is open for debate based on talent vs coaching.

I get what you are saying. However, Mari's post was saying that the fact that Mac wasn't succeeding with players he recruited proved Mac's inability to recruit QBs. Having a star sophomore that plays until you leave doesn't prove an inability to bring in new talent. It simply shows that there was existing talent when Mac arrived.

I wasn't trying to prove that Mac can recruit QBs. I was simply stating the obvious in that inheriting talent doesn't prove you can't recruit talent.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I damn sure aint ruling out a 4-8 season next year. The defense is gone and our offense hasn't bailed us out once since he's been here. I think some people are really underestimating how bad our offense is and just how much we lose on D. I can definitely see a gene chizik like implosion coming.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not seeing 4-8 nor 7-5. It's one game at a time, starting first with zero losses. We are the Florida Gators coming out of a dip wherein we won more games than anybody but Alabama in the SEC. It's a bad dip yes, but we worked through our dip as 2nd best.?
Have a little faith in a better cadre of coaches, improved OL, a refined refired-up Defense, wiser TEs numerous superslick WRs, and 2 strongarm QBs that can operate better than prior QBs.?? Now, don't that sound nice.
Then if pulling for these particular Gators fails, we got next year's to pull for regardless of who the HC is.??

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not seeing 4-8 nor 7-5. It's one game at a time, starting first with zero losses. We are the Florida Gators coming out of a dip wherein we won more games than anybody but Alabama in the SEC. It's a bad dip yes, but we worked through our dip as 2nd best.?
Have a little faith in a better cadre of coaches, improved OL, a refined refired-up Defense, wiser TEs numerous superslick WRs, and 2 strongarm QBs that can operate better than prior QBs.?? Now, don't that sound nice.
Then if pulling for these particular Gators fails, we got next year's to pull for regardless of who the HC is.??

You think we were really 2nd best the past 2 years though the SEC was really down in 2016.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

At 7-5 I would agree, but I think that is highly unlikely without a massive rash of injuries. Time will of course tell.

You have any rational ideas of his replacement?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator