Email from Gatorsports.com

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Accidentally clicked on Dooley. He was talking about bowl games, even said "uf Florida is bowl eligible" and mentioned the floor being low for this team.

Even the SID parrots know.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
My work blocked it for being a possible security issue.
You seemed unimpressed.

You linked it Ox so I took a peek. Pathetic. The best part was the response to Doc's criticism:

" WordPress plays well with mobile, multimedia content, it’s fast and familiar to the staff, and it accommodates many customizable features.:

Always taking the easy way out. They won't get on more click out of me.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You linked it Ox so I took a peek. Pathetic. The best part was the response to Doc's criticism:

" WordPress plays well with mobile, multimedia content, it’s fast and familiar to the staff, and it accommodates many customizable features.:

Always taking the easy way out. They won't get on more click out of me.

LOL... I saw the same thing and thought the same thing...

That and the staff will be the ones primarily posting on it since they ran off their customers... Well, the staff and 'Alvie will be the ones posting...

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
LOL. Doc seems to know a lot about web site design. I find it hilarious that they are all proud of their new site and the first guy to post is a computer guy who craps all over it. :lol:

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
LOL. Doc seems to know a lot about web site design. I find it hilarious that they are all proud of their new site and the first guy to post is a computer guy who craps all over it. :lol:

I guess I could have crapped all over it too. But I don't give a crap. After they figure out it's crap, they won't give a crap. Rinse repeat.

DocZaius

Founding Member
Return to Monke
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I am actually a lawyer, but I ran my own novelty Gator message board for a while - I'm familiar with the different options for software, and the definitely cheaped out.

There's nothing wrong with WordPress for the main site - a lot of media outlets more prestigious than the Sun use it.

But the forum plugin they're using is ****. You can just tell that the forums are an afterthought - no customization was done, no thoughts about what their potential user base might want.

They literally did the bare minimum.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like Pat Dooley's on the clock. They've already got some GREAT questions for him: Screen Shot 2017-08-24 at 12.27.14 PM.png

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
However, you are an insider on this since you have previously registered as a member of our forums.
An insider on a free forum?
giphy.gif

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
My login still works over there, though I haven't been there since I came here many months (over a year?) ago. They didn't ask me to come back.

I was struck how law still is the top poster over there despite his departure from GSMB and arrival here. In fact, the top 10 over there are heavily dominated by members that have abandoned them and come here.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I find this thread to be very entertaining. It's always enjoyable to make fun of the old board.

giggle.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator