FAKE NEWS: Corral Gone?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yes we have showed tremendous faith in Franks. He is a freshman. We have started him 3 games. He has not moved the team. He needs to be brought along slowly not thrown to the wolves. He did not arrive SEC ready. He'll continue to learn and get additional opportunities along the way. This is the right approach for this young man. He has potential and a canon but he cannot just be thrown out there with no accountability. I suspect we will learn more about his mental approach to game and his leadership ability in the next 3 games than we did in the first 3. Even if he does not play a down.

Corral will thrive at UF. Period.

But we keep throwing our OC out there with no accountability.....

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry. Once again, Doug is right about everything. :rolleyes3:

giphy.gif

Sas is gonna Sas

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yes we have showed tremendous faith in Franks. He is a freshman. We have started him 3 games. He has not moved the team. He needs to be brought along slowly not thrown to the wolves. He did not arrive SEC ready. He'll continue to learn and get additional opportunities along the way. This is the right approach for this young man. He has potential and a canon but he cannot just be thrown out there with no accountability. I suspect we will learn more about his mental approach to game and his leadership ability in the next 3 games than we did in the first 3. Even if he does not play a down.

Corral will thrive at UF. Period.

I think we need Corral because I have doubts Franks ever becomes a good QB.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I think we need Corral because I have doubts Franks ever becomes a good QB.

We definitely need Corral. I think he is a game changer. But I think Franks has potential. I just think going all-in with him right now could ruin him. He needs to be brought along slowly. By his redshirt Junior year I think we have a pretty good QB with him..

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Wait, I feel like I've heard this one some where before. What was it again... uhhh... oh yea, "wait till next year."

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We definitely need Corral. I think he is a game changer. But I think Franks has potential. I just think going all-in with him right now could ruin him. He needs to be brought along slowly. By his redshirt Junior year I think we have a pretty good QB with him..

If we have to wait to his Junior year, wouldn't Corral be the starter at that point if he was here?

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
Did we show faith in Franks at all?

Franks is a redshirt freshman with three more years of eligibility after this year. He has plenty to time to develop and prove himself. We showed faith in Franks by giving him three starts. We show faith to our recruits by showing that the best player earns the start. I wish Franks were better than LDR but that is not the case at present.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Franks is a redshirt freshman with three more years of eligibility after this year. He has plenty to time to develop and prove himself. We showed faith in Franks by giving him two starts. We show faith to our recruits by showing that the best player earns the start. I wish Franks were better than LDR but that is not the case at present.

So we trust Nuss.... got it.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Let me know when this is binding, or if another situation that looks better shows up if he doesn't take a look. It's September, we are 4 months away from signing day. 4 months is a long time to think about one of the most important decisions in his young life, where he is going to go to prepare for the next level.
He can sign on Dec 20th so under 3 months...technically...

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

Just how do other teams have success with Freshmen QBs and we need to have someone with three years of development? Now it seems that the QBs we get have not been properly coached in HS but live on talent or potential.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just how do other teams have success with Freshmen QBs and we need to have someone with three years of development? Now it seems that the QBs we get have not been properly coached in HS but live on talent or potential.
There's not a lot of teams that have a lot of success starting frosh QB's...it's actually pretty rare. uga seems to be with Fromm at the moment but last year with Eason it was hardly that successful. Most QB need a couple years...some need more some need less. Mix of good coaching, talent, and a generally talented team around a young QB can make it successful.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Spurrier had his share of clunkers too.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
There's not a lot of teams that have a lot of success starting frosh QB's...it's actually pretty rare. uga seems to be with Fromm at the moment but last year with Eason it was hardly that successful. Most QB need a couple years...some need more some need less. Mix of good coaching, talent, and a generally talented team around a young QB can make it successful.
A young QB needs a consistent OL otherwise they turn into Brantley.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
We need all the capable QBs we can find or develop. You are always one play from the 2nd guy trotting on the field. and then closer to the 3rd guy having to take snaps.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
A young QB needs a consistent OL otherwise they turn into Brantley.
I hate to say this but Johnny B came from a small school loaded with big school talent. No, those private schools with name coaches "dont recruit". He had the perfect storm there to put up huge #s. Sadly, that does not translate into an SEC QB. I liked the kid and loved having legacy kids here (McCoy and maybe Shane Jr) but it was what it was............

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.