FAKE NEWS: Corral Gone?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Just how do other teams have success with Freshmen QBs and we need to have someone with three years of development? Now it seems that the QBs we get have not been properly coached in HS but live on talent or potential.

The major contributor has to be the offensive system ..... then add kids that execute with precision most every play.

We need all the capable QBs we can find or develop. You are always one play from the 2nd guy trotting on the field. and then closer to the 3rd guy having to take snaps.

Glad FF got his on-field experience. I hope he watches our offense closely & watches films of hot QBs in a similar system that he's stuck with.

Thanks Cheif for the article site. It made me long for UF to have a Briles-type HC or OC. If UF had a fun offence recruiting would be the best.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
If there is a single kid in the nation who reads these boards its Corral. He's been all over the Gators. One of the most excited commits I have ever seen. And yet...

we got posters practically encouraging him to bail. Why? To hasten Mac's departure? I'd rather win with Mac than lose Corral. The kid will have the next statue out front. I hope he hangs tough.

A statue?! Under this coaching staff, he'll be lucky to be a drop of bronze paint on a statue.

Yes we have showed tremendous faith in Franks. He is a freshman. We have started him 3 games. He has not moved the team. He needs to be brought along slowly not thrown to the wolves. He did not arrive SEC ready. He'll continue to learn and get additional opportunities along the way. This is the right approach for this young man. He has potential and a canon but he cannot just be thrown out there with no accountability. I suspect we will learn more about his mental approach to game and his leadership ability in the next 3 games than we did in the first 3. Even if he does not play a down.

Corral will thrive at UF. Period.

Again, under this coaching staff, no chance. I think the kid is an incredible talent. But he's going to ruin his confidence, his career and any shot at the NFL playing for us.

Why would someone who isnt a dork or loser be reading this forum?

I guess that's why I belong here. I'm the king of both. Ahhhhh... the pride I feel. :suicide: :suicide2:
that's how I feel watching SEC football this year......

That's how I feel watching Florida football by itself.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
And maybe LDR will turn pro and then we don't have to worry about it next season! :lmao2:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
A few? How many men do you normally take on at one time?

I don't know what's circling around your twisted mind, but there was a movie reference battle brewing. Don't make me go full on Colonel Jessup on you.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@GatorNation_SEC: Matt Corral with a 65-yard TD. Now has 3 passing TDs and 1 rushing TD so far in the first half.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
Is this part of your campaign to get Corral to decommit?

HA!!! Heck no. I would LOVE to have this guy as our QB. Under the right coaching staff, I think he could be something special (think: statues outside of BHGS).

But NOTHING is going to change unless our coaching staff changes or at the very least, the philosophy changes.

Mac needs to feel his ass is on fire before he makes the changes to light up an offense ...

You know? THE THING HE WAS HIRED TO DO.

After nearly 9 seasons of absolutely shi!!y, inept, terrible, hopeless, miserable (I could go on and on and nauseum) offense, I wonder if the entire football program is so infected and there is no cure.

A LOT of steps have to happen before even the slightest of hope can return in my eyes.

But I will say this: Getting Corral is the first step.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I guess the real question is " is it cool to send future recruits messages like stay away from here cause we suck,
you can do much better than this clown show..............

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I guess the real question is " is it cool to send future recruits messages like stay away from here cause we suck,

Yep. Remember the Town Cryer preceded news headlines.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016

As Gators, we put the program first. As young men, they need to put themselves first. And the two may not align the way they once did.

Just being honest

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.