Fall Practice

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes. The loss of one mediocre 800 yard a year receiver changes the entire offense.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If we were at full strength I'd be more confident. Im starting to think these suspensions have a bigger impact than we think which is why Im starting to feel a little more hesitant now. With that said, I still think we can and probably should win this game but maybe not by double score.
And this is because 1 starting receiver, who quite frankly didn't really do much last year, and a couple of freshman and sophomores who weren't going to see the field except for some ST are out? So the difference between running them out of the building and being nervous about our chances is based on 1 receiver and a few bench riders? :confused:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
If we were at full strength I'd be more confident. Im starting to think these suspensions have a bigger impact than we think which is why Im starting to feel a little more hesitant now. With that said, I still think we can and probably should win this game but maybe not by double score.

Here it comes...the ready made excuses. Just beat Michigan. Get all the glory when we win and the rotten tomatoes throw at Mac when he loses. It's like you're preparing to lose and have your reasons all lined up. I'd have more respect for you if you stood by your original prediction.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
Here it comes...the ready made excuses. Just beat Michigan. Get all the glory when we win and the rotten tomatoes throw at Mac when he loses. It's like you're preparing to lose and have your reasons all lined up. I'd have more respect for you if you stood by your original prediction.
How does me saying "I still think we can and probably should win" equate to Im preparing to lose? And how does rationally suggesting that the suspensions to 10 percent of the roster and one being a key player "MIGHT" hurt us equate to throwing rotten tomatoes at Mac? If you look at my posts and read what I said, none of it was toward Mac at all. I was specifically speaking rationally about how the suspensions could impact the season if injuries were to occur. Where am I wrong in that? Im not saying they will impact the season but they could if not resolved. The suspensions arent on Mac and i never insinuated that. I even made it a point to say that this will probably be a nonissue and Im just being overly analytical. And youre right "Just beat Michigan" basically what I was saying is that without the suspensions its easier to "just beat Michigan" but now it might be a little harder to "just beat michigan" but I still think we "can and probably should."

Last edited:

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
How does me saying "I still think we can and probably should win" equate to Im preparing to lose? And how does rationally suggesting that the suspensions to 10 percent of the roster and one being a key player "MIGHT" hurt us equate to throwing rotten tomatoes at Mac? If you look at my posts and read what I said, none of it was toward Mac at all. I was specifically speaking rationally about how the suspensions could impact the season if injuries were to occur. Where am I wrong in that? Im not saying they will impact the season but they could if not resolved. The suspensions arent on Mac and i never insinuated that. I even made it a point to say that this will probably be a nonissue and Im just being overly analytical. And youre right "Just beat Michigan" basically what I was saying is that without the suspensions its easier to "just beat Michigan" but now it might be a little harder to "just beat michigan" but I still think we "can and probably should."

The dumpers know how to position themselves.

If you are at all positive, then they will call you an idiot (that's the nicest thing they will say) if the Gators lose and revel in the fact that they were right. They will claim that anything you say about a loss is simply an excuse.

They will proclaim it is an absolute positive that the Gators will lose and anyone that thinks otherwise is an idiot (again, the absolute nicest thing they will say). However, if the Gators win they will say that's what they wanted all along. It's a win - win for them. Then they will give a million excuses - luck, miracle catch, the opponent sucks, the SEC East is horrible, it was all Muschamps defense - anything except Mac actually won.

When you explain why Mac lost, regardless of what you say, it's just excuses. When they explain why the victory doesn't really count or mean anything it's just "realism".

The dumpers position themselves so that they can claim victory and explain how stupid you are regardless of the outcome.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

If you are at all positive, then they will call you an idiot (that's the nicest thing they will say) if the Gators lose and revel in the fact that they were right. They will claim that anything you say about a loss is simply an excuse.

They will proclaim it is an absolute positive that the Gators will lose and anyone that thinks otherwise is an idiot (again, the absolute nicest thing they will say). However, if the Gators win they will say that's what they wanted all along. It's a win - win for them. Then they will give a million excuses - luck, miracle catch, the opponent sucks, the SEC East is horrible, it was all Muschamps defense - anything except Mac actually won.

When you explain why Mac lost, regardless of what you say, it's just excuses. When they explain why the victory doesn't really count or mean anything it's just "realism".

The dumpers position themselves so that they can claim victory and explain how stupid you are regardless of the outcome.

False. Mac needs to beat Michigan. Period. The win would be huge for the program and Mac. It would be that signature win we've been waiting for. 4224 said we were going to crush Michigan by 2 Tds just a few days ago. He is backtracking big time. Make sure you understand the entire conversation before jumping in the middle.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
False. Mac needs to beat Michigan. Period. The win would be huge for the program and Mac. It would be that signature win we've been waiting for. 4224 said we were going to crush Michigan by 2 Tds just a few days ago. He is backtracking big time. Make sure you understand the entire conversation before jumping in the middle.

I wasn't talking about you in particular, but rather dumpers in general.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Yep Michigan is a huge game going forward. I really think losing to Michigan could be the difference between going 10-2/9-3 or 8-4/7-5. If we somehow started 2-2 there would be a meltdown starting with the fans.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
A few days ago he said florida was going to run michigan out of the building, now he says hes nervous about the game. Quit being a choade.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016

Right on the money. Well put.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

It is a big win, but not a must win. Of course... all of that depends on what happens... if we lose to Michigan, but win out... obviously that game isn't as big of a deal, but I think Michigan is key to getting momentum and letting us all know how good or bad we will be.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
We will curb stomp their asses and our QB will throw for 500 yds and 5 TDs...........well, maybe not....I think I stick to my original prediction and that was "Who knows".

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
Lol. I think it's pretty funny that people get so worked up over me thinking we were going to win big to me thinking we were going to still win just maybe by not as much. LOL who cares, are pumpers not allowed to change their minds or offer qualifying viewpoints? Or must we always say we are going to win every game by 1000 points and not allowed to express any concerns/questions we have? It's really not a big deal

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Lol. I think it's pretty funny that people get so worked up over me thinking we were going to win big to me thinking we were going to still win just maybe by not as much. LOL who cares, are pumpers not allowed to change their minds or offer qualifying viewpoints? Or must we always say we are going to win every game by 1000 points and not allowed to express any concerns/questions we have? It's really not a big deal

I've got to the point where I just ignore when people post ridiculous negativity. Things aren't perfect in Gator land, I get that, but the doom and gloom some of these people insist is imminent, I just don't see. Keep doing you man. Let the negativity bounce off and go back where it came from. They prefer to dwell in it anyway, so let em.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015

I'm not a dumper of the program, I'm a dumper of Mac. If we lose their is no excuse other than Mac didn't do his job of preparing the team. Michigan brings back 1 starter on defense and 4 on offense it would be inexcusable to lose that game. It's not like they are Bama and just reload with the next 5* player. I'm going on record right now saying UF is the better team and should win this game, with that being said if we lose it falls on Mac and only Mac.

Last edited:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not a dumper of the program, I'm a dumper of Mac. If we lose their is no excuse other than Mac didn't do his job of preparing the team. Michigan brings back 1 starter on defense and 4 on offense it would be inexcusable to lose that game. It's not like they are Bama and just reload with the next 5* player. I'm going on record right now saying UF is the better team and should win this game, with that being said if we lose it falls on Mac and only Mac.
Unless it's close and they win on a fluke play. If they pound us then I agree with you.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016

That's all fine and good. However, dumpers want it both ways. When Mac loses, it's all on Mac. When Mac wins, it was Muschamps D or the SEC East sucks or anything except Mac won. It's the duplicity of some claiming if the Gators lose it's Mac's fault, but if he wins it's some other coaches players. If he gets fault when he loses, then he should also get credit when he wins.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think people would be easier on Mac if he didn't win a weak East with the defense that was already here for the most part and he actually produced some offense in 2016.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
That's all fine and good. However, dumpers want it both ways. When Mac loses, it's all on Mac. When Mac wins, it was Muschamps D or the SEC East sucks or anything except Mac won. It's the duplicity of some claiming if the Gators lose it's Mac's fault, but if he wins it's some other coaches players. If he gets fault when he loses, then he should also get credit when he wins.

The East and the SEC overall is down. Disagree? Do you think we won because of the offense? He was supposed to fix the offense. Did he?

This a bad post even for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.