Felipe Franks - "I'm going there to start."

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mac didn't just fall off the watermelon truck, though.
Hmmmmmm..... maybe maybe not. So far all we know is that he can rescue a disaster of a class by grabbing every commit from FAU or FIU he could find. Good work but it certainly doesnt make him a proven recruiter.

The majority of the rest of the coaches were at directional schools this time last year. Dont act like they are proven either.

This has the potential to be a career ender, much like Chimp's decisions to force Davis and Henry to go elsewhere ended his career as a HC. His dream offense of pounding the middle 40 times just couldnt be run with what he had on the roster.

Mac desperately needs Qb talent.

Last edited:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mac needs to pull one of these two. I get the feeling that Franks decision to meet with Miles prompted the Eason visit being scheduled.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I just read an article that said LSU is banned from signing EE's for two years. Any truth to this and does it play a factor?

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
What's the date of this article? This doesn't make sense to me since he was an EE for LSU this year until he flipped.
Maybe I was reading it wrong and they can still have EE's, just not sign them to financial aid paperwork? Who knows with the NCAA and who they choose to enforce rules on and who they don't.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
I know this is off topic but on another recruit, but I myself find this a bit racist these days... it's a tweet from a recruit we are after and I do want but not sure I like this tweet.. think about if a white kid said he wanted to go to an all white college on a tweet, imagine what would happen... anyone who personally knows me, knows I am not racist but a bit tired of the double standard. ALL races need to realize there is only one true race.... Human

1. 10:05 AM - 2 Dec 2015 · Details
'>If I wasn't going to school for
1f3c8.png
I'd go to a HBCU
1f525.png

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't care what high school kid signs with us, I just hope we get a graduate transfer in, this spring, to help us for a year.

We have yet another candidate:

1. Patrick Towles - Kentucky / SEC
2. Trevor Knight - Oklahoma / Big 12
3. Will Garner - Louisville / ACC

Father: Louisville QB Will Gardner 'looking for a new home'

Quarterback Will Gardner, who started seven games for the Louisville Cardinals prior to this season, is "looking for a new home" and will transfer, his father told the Louisville Courier-Journal Tuesday.

Gardner, a redshirt junior, tore the ACL in his left knee after making seven starts during the 2014 season and hasn't played for the Cardinals since. The 6-foot-5 quarterback completed better than 57 percent of his passes for 1,669 yards and 12 touchdowns with three interceptions that season.

"He's just looking for a new home for next year, a new place to play," his father, Glenn Gardner, told the Courier-Journal. "He's just going to transfer, going to move on in life."

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I know this is off topic but on another recruit, but I myself find this a bit racist these days... it's a tweet from a recruit we are after and I do want but not sure I like this tweet.. think about if a white kid said he wanted to go to an all white college on a tweet, imagine what would happen... anyone who personally knows me, knows I am not racist but a bit tired of the double standard. ALL races need to realize there is only one true race.... Human

1f3c8.png
I'd go to a HBCU
1f525.png

Quite frankly, some black people need to realize they're just as capable of being racist just like whites are capable of being racist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

1f3c8.png
I'd go to a HBCU
1f525.png

He could always end up at Florida A&M.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I fail to see how saying he would want to go to a HBCU is racist, but I guess it's open to interpretation?

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
I fail to see how saying he would want to go to a HBCU is racist, but I guess it's open to interpretation?
And I get that Cap, but can you name one All white college or one that was started as an all white and still embodies that persona and again, I know right now it's just a dream, but I for one would really love to live to see the day that race is only classified as human and nothing more. And I guess you're right, who knows what his thought pattern was on it, just struck me odd I suppose...

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
And I get that Cap, but can you name one All white college or one that was started as an all white and still embodies that persona and again, I know right now it's just a dream, but I for one would really love to live to see the day that race is only classified as human and nothing more. And I guess you're right, who knows what his thought pattern was on it, just struck me odd I suppose...
Right there with you on that one, which is why accusing anyone of racism just sets everything back. Maybe the kid just wants to be comfortable in his surroundings away from home, and he would feel most comfortable at one of the HBCU's.

And by the way, to answer your question about all white schools, just close your eyes and put your finger down on any college in the state of Utah. :lol:

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
Right there with you on that one, which is why accusing anyone of racism just sets everything back. Maybe the kid just wants to be comfortable in his surroundings away from home, and he would feel most comfortable at one of the HBCU's.

And by the way, to answer your question about all white schools, just close your eyes and put your finger down on any college in the state of Utah. :lol:

Utah... :highfive: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator