Recruiting Florida drops to 31st in recruiting, 11th in SEC

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I have a dark feeling we will end up with Scott Frost or a high profile assistant. Only the bottom half of the power 5 coaches will be coming here or if someone like Brian Kelly gets fired.
I don't know if it has to be a splashy hire but it definitely has to be the right hire.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
A few months back, on a recommendation from a friend, I hired a contractor to remodel a bathroom. I know how to do a lot of the work, but I was far too busy to attempt accomplishing it on my own, in my spare time. The contractor did a really good job installing new tile and cabinets in my friend's kitchen, so I gave him a shot. After the contractor ripped out my old fixtures, tile, tub, vanity, etc. I was pretty pleased with how the job was going. He was a nice guy, he cleaned up his mess every evening, and seemed to have his $#!+ together. Well, it was when he began to install the new material that I knew there was a problem. The guy had no idea what he was doing. Instead of using cement board for the backing of the new tile, he installed a plywood backing, and started laying the tile for the shower. Long story short... the guy was a fraud. He was not licensed to do any plumbing, and he didn't know the proper procedures to lay a foundation for a dry, waterproof tile shower. After some kind words were exchanged, he was fired, and I reported him for fraudulent contractor activity. He was found guilty of fraud by the state, and I will soon attempt to litigate, to recover my lost expenses. In the meantime, I did my homework, hired a qualified contractor, and now have an awesome master bathroom.

Moral of the story: When someone is working for you, and they are f***ing up everything, you don't give them the opportunity to finish the job. You fire them so that they cannot do any more damage than has been done, learn your lesson, and you move on to someone who can get the job done.

With that being said, if NSD ends up like we think it will... Mac needs to go ASAP. He's f***ing up in a way that is inexcusable. By default of geography and the SEC, The University of Florida should sign a top 5-10 class every year, and compete for #1 on a routine basis. The absolute worst years should never be worse than #10. Anything worse than #15 should be a failure worthy of termination, unless there are extenuating circumstances that are understandable by all parties involved IMO. Mac has been given a ton of money, and a ton of opportunities to show he knows what he is doing. He is in over his head, and needs to pull a rabbit out of his hat on Feb 1; or he should have to pull a foot out of his ass on Feb 2, as he is kicked out of Gainesville. No excuses.
I wish there was an award for best post each year cause it would be wrapped up already. I only reply so that it gets put on another page. You might have just become my favorite poster of the month with that gem. You have a blessed weekend good sir, we'll done!

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
What idiotic point are you trying to make? Muschamp and Mac are two examples of guys that really wanted to be here. Turned out great, didn't it?

On the flip side, Meyer didn't want to be here and he took us to the mountaintop twice.
No need to get angry Ox, not really an idiotic point, I think the Chip Kelly who was at Oregon would be great, I just don't think he's around anymore, what is a guy who has been smashed around the NFL and doesn't want anything to do with the college game anymore.

Gotta disagree, Meyer wanted to be at UF, he could have been at ND.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
The big problem is we just won the East the last two years and recruiting should be at it's very easiest and best and we are sucking hind tit in the SEC. This more than proves he turns future recruits off. I'm beginning to believe he's so lazy he doesn't brush his teeth. Foley's butt should be run out of town. This is like having a fever of 104 and refusing to see a doctor. The AD better wake up.

The Shady Grove Gator

Relapsed Wise-Ass
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Since, I was in fefrom deral emergency response training and now have credentials to be on teams at Federal level disasters...I'm seeing some the the characteristics of a emergency incident requiring FEMA response. Butter's reign at the helm of UF football may need a presidential federal disaster declaration for the level of clean-up he is generating for his successor(s). Contrarian post from my previous one in this thread, but hey, I need to make a living too. :lol:
Butters job performance =:poop:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Youre doing a great job, Brownie!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We could fire him... I just don't think we will.. I think he will have an OK year next year...and I think a lot of it depends on how the offense looks, but I would be shocked if we fired a coach who won the division his first two years th efirst time he doesn't win the division.
I want ass gone already, but I'm afraid you're right...he'll a 4th year unless he's 4-8 or worse.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
2 commits today, up to #22 on 247's site. Mac still has a long way to go to salvage this class though.

Last edited:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A few more flips and low teens is a possibility.......... Not when we should be but better than 30

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
head-in-hands.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.