Recruiting Florida drops to 31st in recruiting, 11th in SEC

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
If he loses to Michigan that first game every loss after that will generate a ton of noise unless the offense is really kicking butt which I doubt it will play at that level. The noise would be deafening by a 4th loss. I think 5 losses would actually get him canned unless the QB is really a bright spot. Ima pretty sure there will be no joke SEC East division win this upcoming year as Georgia is set to move up a lot while our defense will come down a lot.[/QUOJ
JDH's post I agree with and is reasonable. Honestly, i dont see him getting fired next year regardless of what happens. even though I know it doesnt mean shyt, it looks bad to fire guy who won the east his first 2 years, even if he has the one bad year. Likely he will be evaluated after his 4th season whether any of us like it or not.

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
Guarantee you Stricklin is worried about this b/c football drives ticket sales and contributions. Muschamp's last couple of years had to be killers from a revenue and growth perspective.

We're in a tough spot when you think about paying out Muschamp's contract, the buyout we had to pay to get Mac, paying out Mac's contract, and presumably buying out the contract of our next coach. It's an unthinkable amount of $, esp with a struggling program with diminishing enthusiasm from alumni.

Maybe the only way we keep the ship afloat is if Mac does something criminal or really stupid away from the field (so he gets canned and we avoid seeming fickle about coaches) and Stricklin finds a young coach (who won't demand $5-$10M/year) who is on the rise like Billy Donovan was?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe the only way we keep the ship afloat is if Mac does something criminal or really stupid away from the field (so he gets canned and we avoid seeming fickle about coaches) and Stricklin finds a young coach (who won't demand $5-$10M/year) who is on the rise like Billy Donovan was?

So you're saying maybe Stricklin is responsible for those rumors that we're cheating and paying players? So he can get rid of Mac?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
JDH's post I agree with and is reasonable. Honestly, i dont see him getting fired next year regardless of what happens. even though I know it doesnt mean shyt, it looks bad to fire guy who won the east his first 2 years, even if he has the one bad year. Likely he will be evaluated after his 4th season whether any of us like it or not.

Well Zook went 12-4 in the SEC his first 2 years and had a much tougher schedule and he was let go after his 3rd mediocre season. It worked out when we acted after 3 years and didn't when we waited to the 4th year with Muschamp. In a way Mac would be more damaging since Muschamp could recruit some at least.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Well Zook went 12-4 in the SEC his first 2 years and had a much tougher schedule and he was let go after his 3rd mediocre season. It worked out when we acted after 3 years and didn't when we waited to the 4th year with Muschamp. In a way Mac would be more damaging since Muschamp could recruit some at least.
I don't disagree with you. I just don't see him getting canned after year 3

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
As could zook, really, really well. And he wasnt let go after 3, he was let go at the halfway point of season 3, meaning 2.5. And we followed it up with a couple of nattys.

But some around here say you cant do that or you kill the program... :whistle:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
...those rumors that we're cheating and paying players?
Chew on the emboldened words and then take a swig of what we've actually seen on the field these last two seasons, in particular the last regular season and the SECCG's...

upload_2017-1-26_15-28-44.jpeg

At the risk of offending someone (and I'm pulling this reference from the early '70's and the Archie Bunker era), but I can't believe even the Polish La Cosa Nostra would pay for the players (offensive especially) that have been a part of the product we've seen. "Ineptitude" wouldn't touch it...

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Chew on the emboldened words and then take a swig of what we've actually seen on the field these last two seasons, in particular the last regular season and the SECCG's...

At the risk of offending someone (and I'm pulling this reference from the early '70's and the Archie Bunker era), but I can't believe even the Polish La Cosa Nostra would pay for the players (offensive especially) that have been a part of the product we've seen. "Ineptitude" wouldn't touch it...

That just lends credence to my conspiracy theory. :proud:

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Zook had tons of off the field issues with players. The one area Mac has done well. That and get us a little closer to a full roster and some offensive linemen.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Let's think outside the box ... that we're in. Can we find ways to sorta circumvent rules like Saban or Harbaugh do?
As a wild example let's turn back the clock. Say we contact PJ Fleck, get him to stay at WMU with the carrot that
he could be HC at UF with 2 more years of success at WMU. Has any school ever paid (small amount) to an HC to
stay at another school? May-day, may-day Mac is driving me nuts.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
A few months back, on a recommendation from a friend, I hired a contractor to remodel a bathroom. I know how to do a lot of the work, but I was far too busy to attempt accomplishing it on my own, in my spare time. The contractor did a really good job installing new tile and cabinets in my friend's kitchen, so I gave him a shot. After the contractor ripped out my old fixtures, tile, tub, vanity, etc. I was pretty pleased with how the job was going. He was a nice guy, he cleaned up his mess every evening, and seemed to have his $#!+ together. Well, it was when he began to install the new material that I knew there was a problem. The guy had no idea what he was doing. Instead of using cement board for the backing of the new tile, he installed a plywood backing, and started laying the tile for the shower. Long story short... the guy was a fraud. He was not licensed to do any plumbing, and he didn't know the proper procedures to lay a foundation for a dry, waterproof tile shower. After some kind words were exchanged, he was fired, and I reported him for fraudulent contractor activity. He was found guilty of fraud by the state, and I will soon attempt to litigate, to recover my lost expenses. In the meantime, I did my homework, hired a qualified contractor, and now have an awesome master bathroom.

Moral of the story: When someone is working for you, and they are f***ing up everything, you don't give them the opportunity to finish the job. You fire them so that they cannot do any more damage than has been done, learn your lesson, and you move on to someone who can get the job done.

With that being said, if NSD ends up like we think it will... Mac needs to go ASAP. He's f***ing up in a way that is inexcusable. By default of geography and the SEC, The University of Florida should sign a top 5-10 class every year, and compete for #1 on a routine basis. The absolute worst years should never be worse than #10. Anything worse than #15 should be a failure worthy of termination, unless there are extenuating circumstances that are understandable by all parties involved IMO. Mac has been given a ton of money, and a ton of opportunities to show he knows what he is doing. He is in over his head, and needs to pull a rabbit out of his hat on Feb 1; or he should have to pull a foot out of his ass on Feb 2, as he is kicked out of Gainesville. No excuses.

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
Once Chip is formally passed over for the Falcons OC job, he'll have no choice but to come back to college if he wants to coach again.
Wow, nothing would get me more excited then hiring a coach who doesn't want to be at UF but he has nowhere else to go.

Excitement!!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Wow, nothing would get me more excited then hiring a coach who doesn't want to be at UF but he has nowhere else to go.

Excitement!!
What idiotic point are you trying to make? Muschamp and Mac are two examples of guys that really wanted to be here. Turned out great, didn't it?

On the flip side, Meyer didn't want to be here and he took us to the mountaintop twice.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014

Excitement!!
I have a dark feeling we will end up with Scott Frost or a high profile assistant. Only the bottom half of the power 5 coaches will be coming here or if someone like Brian Kelly gets fired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator