Recruiting Florida Lands 4* ATH Kadrius Tony

ExecutiveGator

Paragraphs are great tools. Use them.
Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2014
I'm a cautiously pessimistic pumper more than an optimistic dumper. While I do believe Mac & Co. can develop talent, I'm fearful that our talent level will be full of mid-tier guys at best. I just don't understand what's happened to Florida recruiting... The pumper side of me tells me to just stick my head in the sand and be hopeful... the dumper side of me tells me we are screwed long term. Unless this kid can be the next Haden or Harvin... is this not a waste of a scholly when we need much bigger and stronger bodies?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why not? Harbaugh just took Mac behind the woodshed
JFC. STFU already. Wed beat him 84-0 if he tried playing his neanderthal offense with three true freshman, one second year kid, and a 1-aa player on the line.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
JFC. STFU already. Wed beat him 84-0 if he tried playing his neanderthal offense with three true freshman, one second year kid, and a 1-aa player on the line.

Neanderstall offense?... isn't that extinct due to adversity on the field ?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

Calm down. Our three star kids will get there some day.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Neanderthal isn't PC. I believe the term is"early European man", at least until the near future when it will become "early European person".

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016

Come on Law... this statement about how inept the line was will be called an excuse. Mac sucks that's why Michigan "took Mac to the woodshed"

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
I'm a cautiously pessimistic pumper more than an optimistic dumper. While I do believe Mac & Co. can develop talent, I'm fearful that our talent level will be full of mid-tier guys at best. I just don't understand what's happened to Florida recruiting... The pumper side of me tells me to just stick my head in the sand and be hopeful... the dumper side of me tells me we are screwed long term. Unless this kid can be the next Haden or Harvin... is this not a waste of a scholly when we need much bigger and stronger bodies?
The last four years and a dipshyt coach is what happened to Florida recruiting.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
More excuses.... But sure, I agree we need to give McElwain time to develop a QB.

So you think that McElwain and Muschamp inherited a program with the same amount of talent?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Michigan was also in pretty bad shape last year personnel wise. In fact other than offensive line we had much more overall talent than they had. Mac may end up being a very good coach for us over the next couple of years and I like most of what he's trying to do, but there's no way he's even in the same league as Harbaugh at this point. That goes for recruiting or coaching. Maybe in 2 or 3 years...

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
Michigan was also in pretty bad shape last year personnel wise. In fact other than offensive line we had much more overall talent than they had. Mac may end up being a very good coach for us over the next couple of years and I like most of what he's trying to do, but there's no way he's even in the same league as Harbaugh at this point. That goes for recruiting or coaching. Maybe in 2 or 3 years...

Are you saying Harbaugh would have won more than 10 games with our team last year?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Are you saying Harbaugh would have won more than 10 games with our team last year?
Not likely with our offensive line and a midget for QB down the stretch....We did have more overall talent than they had in all other areas. The other thing is his QB last year was pretty bad when he transferred to Michigan, his improvement throughout the season is a direct effect of Harbaugh...and so was the fact that his team made the full transition back to a power based/tough defensive team in one year....They were a horrible mess with a hodge podge player make up at the beginning of last year....kinda like what Meyer left here in 2011 minus good defensive players....They really sucked bad on defense under Brady Hoke. Harbaugh is just ahead of Mac at this point, it is what it is.

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
Not likely with our offensive line and a midget for QB down the stretch....We did have more overall talent than they had in all other areas. The other thing is his QB last year was pretty bad when he transferred to Michigan, his improvement throughout the season is a direct effect of Harbaugh...and so was the fact that his team made the full transition back to a power based/tough defensive team in one year....They were a horrible mess with a hodge podge player make up at the beginning of last year....kinda like what Meyer left here in 2011 minus good defensive players....They really sucked bad on defense under Brady Hoke. Harbaugh is just ahead of Mac at this point, it is what it is.

Wait what? Did you even look at Rudock's stats at Iowa his last season there?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wait what? Did you even look at Rudock's stats at Iowa his last season there?
I guess he lost his starting job because he was too good.....I watched most of Michigan's first 4 games last year and he was clearly better and better as the season went on. I'd say that was probably coaching....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.