Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;n123404 said:
???? You mean to tell me that all the fault of the last four years are on Muschamp? Not that we went through 3 OCs and have not had a real WRs coach in what 2 of those three years? Plus if we are going to be sucessful we will need a great QB coach to ensure that these young QBs will be sucessful early and often. Or is it that you don't think K.Bell is a good coach and couldn't be a QB coach?

The fact we had 3 OCs and no real recievers coach is on Muschamp. We have had some bad assistant coaches, but that falls on the Head Coach.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;n123388 said:
Here is my concern. If JF flys back with him as our HC, that means that he was our top choice and others like Stoops, Kelly (both of them), and any "NFL" coach were not. Why does that concern me? To be honest I think he is not the best out there. Maybe the best that we can hire this week, but not the best out there. I would love to have either of the Kellys.
Now who is going to be the OC, QB, and WR cocahes? I think these are more than likely more important hires than the HC if Durkin and T-Rob stay. I would like a young OC with a track record of success and QB and WR coach that can actually make some improvement at those positions.....Kerwin Bell comes to mind for QB Coach...maybe OC.

Stoops made it clear he wasn't leaving probably and Freeze decided to stay. There was too much smoke from both sides for Freeze not to have been pursued no matter what Foley will claim.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
TheDouglas78;n123406 said:
The fact we had 3 OCs and no real recievers coach is on Muschamp. We have had some bad assistant coaches, but that falls on the Head Coach.

Here is why I think he would be a great get for us. Now I know there are a lot of Bell Haters out there and don't think that he would make a great OC (I think other wise). That is why I think we bring him here as an Asst. OC and QB Coach and see where it goes.

"In 2010, Bell led the Dolphins to a 10-1 record, best in school history. The offense, under Bell’s watchful eye, led the nation in total offense with 486 yards per game and in scoring with a 42.2 points per game average. JU ended the season ranked 23rd, won its second PFL title and was in the midst of two winning streaks that continued into 2011."

I would love for us to put up those kind of numbers again.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Lol.
@McMurphyESPN: If Jeremy Foley stays in Colorado any longer, he’s gonna have to start paying state income taxes

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;n123388 said:
Here is my concern. If JF flys back with him as our HC, that means that he was our top choice and others like Stoops, Kelly (both of them), and any "NFL" coach were not. Why does that concern me? To be honest I think he is not the best out there. Maybe the best that we can hire this week, but not the best out there. I would love to have either of the Kellys.
Now who is going to be the OC, QB, and WR cocahes? I think these are more than likely more important hires than the HC if Durkin and T-Rob stay. I would like a young OC with a track record of success and QB and WR coach that can actually make some improvement at those positions.....Kerwin Bell comes to mind for QB Coach...maybe OC.

Pssst....haven't you heard? Kelley kinda dissed us to the media recently.

I'm sure he made the expected calls to the top guys, of whom there are very, very few. Two of whom are successful NFL guys so the likelihood of us landing them was next to nothing. So don't act up in arms JF wasn't able to lure away a coach a year away from playing in the Superbowl, another currently contending for a divisional title and another who has been ultra successful at his current location for 16 years and has told us to go pound sand during our last two coaching searches. When you get down to it, there may have been very few available good coaches. So if this is the best one that is available to us, it's time to put the Chip Kelly/Boob Stoops crack pipe down and go get him.

Other than these far fetched names, who is out there that you suggest JF go grab?

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Rumors coming out that we might be playing a game out in Denver (Invesco Field) in the future as part of the buyout deal.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n123411 said:
Arrest dont really mean much unless they are serious. Wasnt one of our players arrested for barking at a dog?

That was Muschamp, and charges were dropped. But a lot of Meyers' players were arrested for little things like underage drinking, etc..

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n123425 said:
Lol.
@McMurphyESPN: If Jeremy Foley stays in Colorado any longer, he’s gonna have to start paying state income taxes

Or he decided to swing by one of those herb shops.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;n123422 said:
Here is why I think he would be a great get for us. Now I know there are a lot of Bell Haters out there and don't think that he would make a great OC (I think other wise). That is why I think we bring him here as an Asst. OC and QB Coach and see where it goes.

"In 2010, Bell led the Dolphins to a 10-1 record, best in school history. The offense, under Bell’s watchful eye, led the nation in total offense with 486 yards per game and in scoring with a 42.2 points per game average. JU ended the season ranked 23rd, won its second PFL title and was in the midst of two winning streaks that continued into 2011."

I would love for us to put up those kind of numbers again.

I'm not arguing against Bell. Just saying Muschamp created his own mess by his own hires. He hired underperforming assistants that falls on him.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
williston_gator;n123425 said:
Lol.

Might be taking advantage of some of Colorado's herbals remedies.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Aw Hell, we haven't hired anyone in 15 minutes... Can we beg Muschamp to come back and take over again, since no one wants our program?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n123333 said:
He was widely known to dislike Meyer both personally and in terms of the offense he ran. Factor in the beer math, and you probably end up with about what is reported.

The logic just doesn't work. If we were willing to sweep felonies(or real crimes) under the rug, why would we have the Dunlap situation right before the biggest game of the year? Why was our starting returner arrested for buying weed in '07? Or how about guys like Cam and Torey Davis getting booted at critical positions?

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there was locker room discord and probably drug tests that were postponed/ignored, etc. Meyer had clearly lost control of things. But crimes are crimes. He didn't turn a blind eye or actively try to cover things up. Again, as I said, if that were the case we never would've allowed CD's arrest to affect us the way it did.

You can't very well sweep it under the rug when the cops catch him. I took Matthews comments as coaches worked out issues with private citizens so cops weren't called. Ticket packages, money, whatever was needed. CD got caught by the cops and you can't sweep that away in Gainesville.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@ZachAbolverdi: A Colorado State player just tweeted "he gone" to one of his teammates. The player responded with, "just waiting for a team meeting text."

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@APMarkLong: Gators charter has filed a flight plan to return home, leaving at 4 p.m. Eastern and arriving at 7 p.m. Assume McElwain will be on it

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Alagator;n123430 said:
Pssst....haven't you heard? Kelley kinda dissed us to the media recently.

I'm sure he made the expected calls to the top guys, of whom there are very, very few. Two of whom are successful NFL guys so the likelihood of us landing them was next to nothing. So don't act up in arms JF wasn't able to lure away a coach a year away from playing in the Superbowl, another currently contending for a divisional title and another who has been ultra successful at his current location for 16 years and has told us to go pound sand during our last two coaching searches. When you get down to it, there may have been very few available good coaches. So if this is the best one that is available to us, it's time to put the Chip Kelly/Boob Stoops crack pipe down and go get him.

Other than these far fetched names, who is out there that you suggest JF go grab?
This guy comes to mind. Look I am not saying that "Big Mac" isn't a great hire. It's like buying a car. You don't buy the first one you look at. He might be the right one, but since we "offically" started looking just two days ago maybe look for a couple of other days. Thats all I am saying.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I like the hire. I think he will do great things at Florida. Gooo Gators!!!

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
I soured on Freeze when I saw that picture of him with the fish. Just screamed Mississippi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator