Foley: Muschamp will be coach at UF "long, long, time"

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
So there's Muschamp himself acknowledging he understands and accepts the expectations. So why are so many fans on here jumping on the rest of us for having those expectations?
9-3 minimum.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorphan;n32978 said:
The bottom line is that Muschamp was high on the totem pole when Foley hired him. Consensus around the FBS world was that he was a great hire. Although there were issues in 2012, it appeared that he had cleaned up much of the mess Urban left behind and had the program headed North despite lack of depth. In addition, he appears to have great character and the player off field problems have subsided. Then the wheels fell off in 2013 for many reasons, among which were injuries. I can understand why Foley wants to give CWM another year. We'll know by the end of October if Muschamp was a good hire. I have complete faith that Foley will move on this team isn't very good.
Very good post. I totally agree unless Machen interferes.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
Gatorbreath;n32987 said:
Hogwash?? Hogwash you. :)

You underestimate the human capacity for negativity - especially a sports team fanbase; more especially a college football fanbase and most especially an SEC college football fanbase. Do recall there was some (probably very small) component of SOS's departure attributable to unreasonable fans.

Again, I hope I'm wrong and will be man enough to admit it if I am.

Great word - "hogwash" - by the way. Kind of like "gargantuan". Gonna work it in for the remainder of the day......
It's true there's always going to be a small group that is never happy - we had a few of those even during our dominant 2008 season. However, what you and several others are doing is attempting to find logic in the illogical - meaning fans. Fans are not logical. They are not realistic. They are not patient. They are irrational and emotional. That's the way they've always been, and that's the way they'll always be. Muschamp himself acknowledged it in his quotes above upon being hired. Once you accept that, you should be able to chuckle at the comments you don't like instead of getting annoyed at them.

Winning a championship would win back 90+% of the current haters. Fans can change their minds on a dime, and often do. I've said several times I wasn't even sold on Meyer until we crushed OSU for the NC. Coaches have to EARN love, patience, and loyalty. Muschamp hasn't earned it yet, because he's won NOTHING in three years.

Let him win something, and attitudes will change. Many of us will just pretend we knew he was going to get it done all along. Because that's what fans do.
Fair enough. I cannot reasonably disagree with most of your comment. It is certainly not hogwash.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68 said:
Hogwash is a fine Southern colloquialism and NOTHING like gargantuan. :facepalm:
Um, I slipped in a movie reference there that apparently slid right by ya.... :)

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Gatorphan said:
The bottom line is that Muschamp was high on the totem pole when Foley hired him. Consensus around the FBS world was that he was a great hire. Although there were issues in 2012, it appeared that he had cleaned up much of the mess Urban left behind and had the program headed North despite lack of depth. In addition, he appears to have great character and the player off field problems have subsided. Then the wheels fell off in 2013 for many reasons, among which were injuries. I can understand why Foley wants to give CWM another year. We'll know by the end of October if Muschamp was a good hire. I have complete faith that Foley will move on this team isn't very good.
This^

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68 said:
Hogwash is a fine Southern colloquialism and NOTHING like gargantuan. :facepalm:
The amount of venom that can be delivered from a single bite can be gargantuan. You know, I've always liked that word. So rarely have an opportunity to use it in a sentence.

Great movie.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
oxrageous;n32999 said:
I wasn't even sold on Meyer until we crushed OSU for the NC
That's it in a nutshell OX....This fan base won't truly be sold on ANY coach until they win a NC. Do you really believe SOS would be so revered by the Gatornation if he only won SEC titles ?, don't kid yourself. Urban Meyer was not an idiot he knew how bad the team was going to be for the next 2 or 3 years and hauled a$$. It's my belief that SOS did also when he left plus he felt the fan base getting ansy for "their" next title.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet said:
oxrageous;n32999 said:
I wasn't even sold on Meyer until we crushed OSU for the NC
That's it in a nutshell OX....This fan base won't truly be sold on ANY coach until they win a NC. Do you really believe SOS would be so revered by the Gatornation if he only won SEC titles ?, don't kid yourself. Urban Meyer was not an idiot he knew how bad the team was going to be for the next 2 or 3 years and hauled a$$. It's my belief that SOS did also when he left plus he felt the fan base getting ansy for "their" next title.
Fans would be in heaven now if we beat Georgia and won the SEC East.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n33067 said:
This fan base won't truly be sold on ANY coach until they win a NC.
Yeah, a NC is a monumental task for any coach. Let's just talk about winning the SEC - that would be huge for Muschamp and his support. Huge. Probably buy him 5 years.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n33071 said:
Yeah, a NC is a monumental task for any coach. Let's just talk about winning the SEC - that would be huge for Muschamp and his support. Huge. Probably buy him 5 years.
Idk about 5years. I would bet this off season has been tougher than expected.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
a couple of realistic goals for the chump! defend the swamp,, beat uga and their new starting qb,, beat lsu at home with their new starting qb,,continue the streak against tenn. stay in the same zip code with bama and fsu,,beat sc,, at home with their new starting qb,, thats not to hard now is it?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1 said:
a couple of realistic goals for the chump! defend the swamp,, beat uga and their new starting qb,, beat lsu at home with their new starting qb,,continue the streak against tenn. stay in the same zip code with bama and fsu,,beat sc,, at home with their new starting qb,, thats not to hard now is it?
That would be monumental based on past results.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n33101 said:
He got a giant extension for going 3-5/6-6 in 2011.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n33071 said:

An extension? most likely. A five year extension? highly unlikely. Just due to the issues last season, more than a couple of years would be unwise by Foley.

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Law98gator said:
t-gator;n33101 said:
pumper supreme? please explain?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1 said:
He got all but beating the poodles in 2012. If the breaks fall his way again like they did that year. It's not that unlikely.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:
t-gator;n33101 said:
i'm a sunshine pumper.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n33071 said:
Foley already bought him another 5 years when he gave him the contract extension in early April of this year. I'm telling you, Muschamp is here for the long haul whether we like it or not.

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Law98gator said:
t-gator;n33101 said:
the pumpers finally got to you,, does this also mean you and the chump can start your bromance?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n33102 said:

Has every single one of your posts been a tirade bitching about Muschamp? Get a new subject for Christ's sake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.