Former UF players speak out about Urban Meyer

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Any of these players could have gotten up and walked out at any point in their UF careers.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
Meh, this sounds like some 300# nerd living in his mother's basement throwing a non story about Urban out there to get clicks.

NVAGATOR86

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2017
Watched the video. It is likely that Mullen will be asked to comment. Other coaches like Charlie Strong, Steve Addazio, Gonzalez, Mattison, Hevesy were also there . The heat should come down on Meyer but as we saw with Paterno, all associated with his staff become contaminated. Fortunately Mullen was gone when Urban brought Smith onto the staff in 09.

Unfortunately this crap will blow back on UF. The UAA and Stricken should handle any response. How about Foley? No chance....

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
The part I saw is a non-story IMO, although Mullen may be asked about it. 10 years ago, a guy got hurt in the weight room and another one was depressed and abusing his pain pills to cope. We’re not dealing with a child abuse situation like PSU nor a domestic violence situation where the HC alleged lied about his knowledge of the events like OSU. A simple answer from Mullen that guys get pushed hard and sometimes get injured in conditioning drills at every major program and that some guy(s) on every team also get depressed should be sufficient. I don’t see the blowback with this being significant or lasting. Just my opinion.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like 3 defensive players and Nixon’s first season was ‘09

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Just like Mrs Smith, right? It's easy!

Hardly apples vs apples comparison.

But yes, Mrs. Smith could have walked out at anytime as well. Certainly not a good situation.

I've walked away from both crazy women and crazy football coaches. I've also walked away from bad jobs and bad football games. It was pretty easy actually.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hardly apples vs apples comparison.

But yes, Mrs. Smith could have walked out at anytime as well. Certainly not a good situation.

I've walked away from both crazy women and crazy football coaches. I've also walked away from bad jobs and bad football games. It was pretty easy actually.

But can you walk away from any of our current football players, Tay?
:bart:

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I don't have any interest in watching these videos. as we all know what went on around here when Urbs was the coach. But if there is any accountability to be had, is it possible that the Univ could claw back ALL of FOOLEY's overpaid salary?

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@onlygators: Spoke to one of the former Florida #Gators players in the ProjectVeritas video. He said he had no idea they were videotaping (hidden camera), and the comments about the conditioning program were a small portion of a wider-ranging interview. Mostly caught off-guard by the topic.

@onlygators: Suffice to say, he was furious and is speaking with a professional about his options, assumed at least some of the other players shown in the video were as well. #Gators

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
But can you walk away from on our current football players, Tay?
:bart:

Man, I hope not. I've left quite a few games early on Butter's watch. His games went South quick. Never left Chimp's games. They were usually interesting until the bad ending.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
@onlygators: Spoke to one of the former Florida #Gators players in the ProjectVeritas video. He said he had no idea they were videotaping (hidden camera), and the comments about the conditioning program were a small portion of a wider-ranging interview. Mostly caught off-guard by the topic.

@onlygators: Suffice to say, he was furious and is speaking with a professional about his options, assumed at least some of the other players shown in the video were as well. #Gators

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
I don't have any interest in watching these videos. as we all know what went on around here when Urbs was the coach. But if there is any accountability to be had, is it possible that the Univ could claw back ALL of FOOLEY's overpaid salary?

Dave Ramsey calls that kind of expense Stupid Tax. One does not get back Stupid Tax. One can only hopefully learn from Stupid Tax. UF Football has paid lots of Stupid Tax in recent memory.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
I want to preemptively keep this thread under control – so I will acknowledge that this website is a heavily conservative website. Please keep all dialogue only around the video. Not the website’s ideology.
This will be hard since the video will be heavily edited to push an agenda and it's put out by a convicted criminal. Context matters.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
This isn’t the first time ex-players, mostly unsuccessful ones, have made allegations about Meyer’s mistreatment of them. This doesn’t seem to be as explosive as all that. The MSM won’t give O’Keefe credence generally so will this go far?

I’m curious as to whose leg “exploded” and wonder if @ltraz had any thoughts to share on that.

I also recall Jarvis Moss had an undiagnosed hip issue that inhibited his development under Zook but it was eventually discovered and corrected under Meyer and he finished well.

PaterLacerta

Who’s Your Daddy?
Jan 19, 2016
String him up!

On a more serious note, how does this effect Mullen? He was here for this stuff.
Not much, IMHO. Mullen should be judged on his tenure at MSU. I would be concerned if there were questions about control of program there.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Meh, this sounds like some 300# nerd living in his mother's basement throwing a non story about Urban out there to get clicks.
That's exactly what this is. He found a handful of guys that were mad. Injuries happen. Coaches aren't doctors. These players sound soft AF. No wonder they didn't contribute. You can find players who hate and love every coach in America.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Not much, IMHO. Mullen should be judged on his tenure at MSU. I would be concerned if there were questions about control of program there.
Jeffrey Simmons beat a girl on video and Mullen and Stricklin suspended him for a game. If that doesn't get people mad some pissed off ex players aren't going to do it.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
any chance mullen gets fired over this ? fingers crossed

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online