Former UF players speak out about Urban Meyer

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Sh@t happens in every program. My question is whether it’s systemic.
What? So beating a woman is ok on video because it happens at other universities? I literally answered your question about Mullen at MSU and you made excuses. We all know meyer is a pos. Mullen dodged responsibility for simmons left and right.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Rub some dirt on it!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You could get disgruntled players to make claims like this about any big time coach probably.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Sure, these Urban Meyer coached guys look just miserable. They wouldn't trade it for anything.

ncf_u_floridawins_412.jpg

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Meyer has plenty of baggage that is open for criticism. The stuff described in this video isn't part of it. It's a nothingburger.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not condoning the abuse, but it's a classic case of media pile-on. Hit the guy while he's down.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not condoning the abuse, but it's a classic case of media pile-on. Hit the guy while he's down.

This - but it is strange that the disgruntled player stuff just happened to be coming out about this time.

Watch Mullen get asked about the "valentine day massacre" now.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This - but it is strange that the disgruntled player stuff just happened to be coming out about this time.

Watch Mullen get asked about the "valentine day massacre" now.
It's not coincidental. It's intentional.

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Meyer has plenty of baggage that is open for criticism. The stuff described in this video isn't part of it. It's a nothingburger.

Urbs can only hold the lid on the pressure pot of his professional and personal lives for so long. Every few years it's gotta blow.

Remember that contract he signed with his family before he took the OSU job? About taking it easier and limiting his hours and all that BS?

Last edited:

NVAGATOR86

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2017
It's not coincidental. It's intentional.
Exactly right. This group of "truth seekers" had this stuff in the can and released it to pile on Meyer. O'Keefe said as much in the video. They can ask Mullen but he wasn't giving the orders, If somebody needs a story go up to BC and talk to Addazio. He was the Asst. HC. This shouldn't be a story line here.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think he just sped up the release due to Urban's troubles. I don't think he went and interviewed these players because he saw Urban was in big trouble.
That's altogether likely considering the OSU story broke, what, midafternoon yesterday? There wasn't enough time to arrange the player abuse story. It was in inventory.

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014
Hardly apples vs apples comparison.

But yes, Mrs. Smith could have walked out at anytime as well. Certainly not a good situation.

I've walked away from both crazy women and crazy football coaches. I've also walked away from bad jobs and bad football games. It was pretty easy actually.

You’re either a millennial or have commitment issues.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I love the media and the 1st Amendment. I love the checks and balances our form of government provides. It's healthy and necessary.

Here's what I don't like. Oversaturation. We now have so many media sources competing for the dollar, the media's role has been bastardized with the "need" for information. The media feels compelled to fill the dead space with information that, frankly, we often could do without. It's a fine line, I realize, and I don't have an answer. I just know what I like and what I don't.

Apologies for the political comment, but it does invade sports.

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
You’re either a millennial or have commitment issues.

Why would you stick around with crazy women, crazy football coaches, bad jobs and Butters coached football games? Life’s too short to be unhappy. There’s a whole world out there full of great women, great coaches, great jobs and hopefully great football games.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
It's football. Nut up.

The Simmons incident at MSU is the bigger concern. Our HC and Strychnine both pussied out.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
The only wrong I see is the handling of the infection. Send him to the doc. If it's nothing, then punish the hell out of him until he has an issue. Aside from that what's wrong? It's up to the individual to know their body. Using personal info to motivate? Making people push themselves? Not throwing a Gatorade bottle? How many first rounders and Pro Bowlers did that same technique yield? Urbs is definitely a slimy bastad, but this is just dumb. I'll take the trophies any day in exchange for this nonsense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.