Fowler to enter NFL draft

Mainland_Buc_75

Emerald Gulf Coast Gator
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
OllieGator;n109980 said:
I mean, it's amazing that we can't even feel good about getting rid of the bum because he'll go to a rival, ruin our recruiting even more and cost us existing players.

Plus throwing millions away he's the gift that keeps on giving.

I do feel good. WM is going to be gone in two games. Players that don't want to play for UF can leave. Makes more room for players who want to play for UF and a new coach. It's a win-win.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Fowler is a first rounder, but morrison would go undrafted and Jones would be a 5th or 6th round pick imo

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Any future team should be thrilled to have a head coach and at least five of his payers, who broke multiple records on defense, including giving up over 600 yards to Lane Kiffen and recording the only two losses in the history of college football, while giving up less than 120 yards to the offense.

Oh, how will UF survive?!?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
CapitalGator02;n110011 said:
Any future team should be thrilled to have a head coach and at least five of his payers, who broke multiple records on defense, including giving up over 600 yards to Lane Kiffen and recording the only two losses in the history of college football, while giving up less than 120 yards to the offense.
... after they sit out a year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
OllieGator;n109980 said:
ruin our recruiting even more.
He can't ruin our recruiting even more. He is the biggest disaster to ever strike our recruiting and the current class is as bad as any SEC team I ever recall (and that includes Kintucky and Vandy). Most kids don't want to play for a loser.

Once we get a new coach, he'll straighten it up. This year will still be bad but that was a given when Fooley decided to keep Chimp last year. Fooley destroyed both last year's class and this one.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;110007 said:
Fowler is a first rounder, but morrison would go undrafted and Jones would be a 5th or 6th round pick imo

Yep. I think Jones would be good in the NFL, but running backs are low value. Morrison is probably somewhere 5-7th round.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;109929 said:
One thing I've been told that I haven't yet shared is that at least 5 young defensive players are talking about leaving with Muschamp. Waiting to see what job he takes so they can transfer there.

We've got a mess on our hands.

They would lose a year of eligibility. That's weird.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If they don't want to be here, then don't let the door hit them in the ass on the way out. Plenty of talent within a 200-mile radius of UF to fill their selfish me-first shoes.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n110021 said:
Yep. I think Jones would be good in the NFL, but running backs are low value.
I dunno. He's pretty slow. They really like combine numbers. And he missed his junior year in HS, part of his senior year, and his soph year in college. Quite an injury history.

He has great hands though and does block reasonably well. I just don't know about him.

However, maybe he doesn't want to chance it with Taylor poised to take the first chair.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n110023 said:
They would lose a year of eligibility. That's weird.
There is no way five players transfer to follow WM. For the reason you stated, plus, if he does get hired again as HC, it will be at a mid to lower-tier school where their NFL exposure will be slim to none.

This is basically "coach speak" for players, but when push comes to shove, no way in hell they transfer.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n109929 said:
One thing I've been told that I haven't yet shared is that at least 5 young defensive players are talking about leaving with Muschamp. Waiting to see what job he takes so they can transfer there.

I thought you were a anything but WM camp? Are you back pedaling?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator98MD;n109917 said:
Zach thinks Morrison, Bullard and matt jones may go as well

Morrison - zero chance imo he gets drafted and I would think its not much above zero he would make it as a free agent in the NFL. Jones may only be a 6th rounder / 7th rounder but it might make sense for him since he is splitting carries now to try and make the NFL. Bullard will probably end up going instead of trying to become an ever higher pick. I think most have him around the 4th round area.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n109929 said:

That would suck.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It might also help a bunch to see one or two of those guys, especially if they are team leaders, to go undrafted. That always motivates the guys behind them to work harder.

JohnCoctostan

Oct 27, 2014
This is a common thing to hear during the first few days after the firing. Once emotions calm down, most of them stay. Especially if we hire a good coach who can relate to them.

Heard the same things after Zook and we recovered okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator