Fowler to enter NFL draft

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
Fowler is a good player, but not great. Gatorzone lists him at 260 and that may be 7-10 pounds heavy. He has 4.5 sacks, but Cox Jr. has 4 and has probably played 50% less snaps than Fowler. I can't imagine he will be a top 15 pick. He is a tweener. Too small to play a legit DE in the NFL. Gatorzone says 6'3. Maybe correct, but he seems small on the field. He will be an outside LB in the NFL, and he will excel at that. Kinda like Von Miller or Elvis Dumervil. If he is 6'3 they will probably want another 10-pounds on him at least. Some team may reach for him, but I would think he is a late first round to middle of second round selection. He is just not a game changer. I see big tackles eat him up one on one and that is why he was not near the qb on the 3rd and 25 against LSU nor the end of the game against USCe. Bryan Cox Jr is listed as the excat same size on Gatorzone and he looks an inch or two taller and 10 pounds heavier. I think he could have a bigger upside than Fowler.

Morrison would be doing us a favor leaving. He could have ended the game against USC if he would have come under control and wrapped up the USC QB, but he got juked out of his mind. Davis (injured) and McMillian are both bigger and would be upgrades IMO. One great thing about Muschamp leaving is I hope we see the best player on the field, and not having an average upperclassmen start just because they have been there.

Gatorzone lists Bullard at 6'3 270 as well. Another reason I don't believe Fowler is 6'3 260. Bullard is at least 20-25 pounds heavier than Fowler and maybe more. He would be a loss just due to the D-Line rotation. I cannot imagine any other defensive players declaring for the NFL. The would not be drafted.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
alcoholica;n110107 said:
Fowler was gone anyway. Easily a first round pick. He was singled out on defense and still made plays.

Bullard is likely a 2nd day pick. His move inside has shown a lot of potential, and potential plays better in the draft. If he stays another year, he may underperform to potential and lose ground in the draft.

Jones needs to go. Much like Powell last year, he only has so many miles on his knees. He needs to get paid sooner rather than later. Lattimore retirement may have some influence as well.

I can see Rolin transferring, especially if Muschamp goes to USCe where he was committed. He probably needs a fresh start anyway.

Other young defensive players? Maybe Holley, Porter, Bostwick?

Morrison leaving would be an emotional decision. Mid to late round pick. You never know what teams are looking for and he's been productive this year. Whether you like his talent or not, all it takes is 1 team to take a shot on him.

Holley had really respectful comments about WM, but also spoke very much in past tense. I didn't get the impression that he was a risk of that at all. Khari Clark was very similar.

As I said, I think much of this is speculation(like Zach) and is being slightly blown out of proportion. We'll lose a few, but there won't be this mass exodus of players that some are fearing.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Ray Finkle;n110357 said:
Link?

It needs to be passed to CeCe

he dont meet the criteria yet! must already be a gator. see me on signing day

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Ray Finkle;n110389 said:
On a scale of 1-10, how happy are you now? :lol:

a solid 9, it would be 10 if they made it a combo deal and foley packed his shi! too!

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
WobbleGator;n110400 said:
If you ate some cold cuts, you would be at an 11.

doubt it i hate foley worst than cold cuts though

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Gator98MD;n109958 said:
I appreciate loyalty to a coach but how about loyalty to your school? Its like some of these players have no passion for being a gator and it's only a business decision to go to said school.

Welcome to the current state of college football... Just wait until they start paying the players...

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
dubster1;n110396 said:
a solid 9, it would be 10 if they made it a combo deal and foley packed his shi! too!

Amen brother, hence the screen name. I am so sick and tired of Foley's arrogant BS regarding football it makes me want to vomit. His football acumen is ZERO. Sure he had made some great hires but those hires can't be compared equally b/c football pays the bills. Therefore the football hire carries the most weight!

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
FireFoley;n110483 said:
Amen brother, hence the screen name. I am so sick and tired of Foley's arrogant BS regarding football it makes me want to vomit. His football acumen is ZERO. Sure he had made some great hires but those hires can't be compared equally b/c football pays the bills. Therefore the football hire carries the most weight!

Maybe you should put your resume in for the AD job. Or perhaps if your football acumen is so high you could be the coach.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
FireFoley;n110483 said:
weak sauce post. easy to hit and run slander someone. Foley is a good AD, nuff said. On paper champ was a good hire. It didnt work out. Stuff happens. He isnt clairvoyant. You make the best decision you can at the time with the available info.

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
FireFoley;n110483 said:

be real careful brother. alot of foley apologist on here will jump all over you with the slightest criticism of the all knowing all seeing foley:worried:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Even without knowing who our new coach is, any recruit should know that he's going to play more exciting, fun FB.
FB with more chances to shine, more "joy of winning", with an offense that helps the defense and a defense that
helps the offense. = a more fun college career & better stage to develop & show NFL worth.

2ndAmend

Oct 3, 2014
oxrageous;n109929 said:
One thing I've been told that I haven't yet shared is that at least 5 young defensive players are talking about leaving with Muschamp. Waiting to see what job he takes so they can transfer there.

We've got a mess on our hands.

GR

2ndAmend

Oct 3, 2014
dubster1;n110503 said:
be real careful brother. alot of foley apologist on here will jump all over you with the slightest criticism of the all knowing all seeing foley:worried:

sunshine pumpers are now fooley pumpers

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
2ndAmend said:
dubster1;n110503 said:

sunshine pumpers are now fooley pumpers

Ok, so now I can't like one thing about UF or I am a no good pumper? Got it.
You guys should really go find a program you do like.

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
yep! anyone that openly criticize mr.foley should find a program they like

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.