Fowler to enter NFL draft

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Fowler was gone anyway. Easily a first round pick. He was singled out on defense and still made plays.

Bullard is likely a 2nd day pick. His move inside has shown a lot of potential, and potential plays better in the draft. If he stays another year, he may underperform to potential and lose ground in the draft.

Jones needs to go. Much like Powell last year, he only has so many miles on his knees. He needs to get paid sooner rather than later. Lattimore retirement may have some influence as well.

I can see Rolin transferring, especially if Muschamp goes to USCe where he was committed. He probably needs a fresh start anyway.

Other young defensive players? Maybe Holley, Porter, Bostwick?

Morrison leaving would be an emotional decision. Mid to late round pick. You never know what teams are looking for and he's been productive this year. Whether you like his talent or not, all it takes is 1 team to take a shot on him.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n109933 said:
Perhaps they like losing and having the holidays free.
Really. Once they think about sitting for a year and after their mother's and grandmother's get in their face, they will look at things a bit differently.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Mainland_Buc_75;n110005 said:
I do feel good. WM is going to be gone in two games. Players that don't want to play for UF can leave. Makes more room for players who want to play for UF and a new coach. It's a win-win.
Zook was a better coach. Period. And he was poor.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n110031 said:
I dunno. He's pretty slow. They really like combine numbers. And he missed his junior year in HS, part of his senior year, and his soph year in college. Quite an injury history.

He has great hands though and does block reasonably well. I just don't know about him.

However, maybe he doesn't want to chance it with Taylor poised to take the first chair.
Jones has never been more than a mediocre back. Good blocker. He will gain less yards than Trent Richardson.

farfugnugen

Oct 4, 2014
oxrageous;n109929 said:
One thing I've been told that I haven't yet shared is that at least 5 young defensive players are talking about leaving with Muschamp. Waiting to see what job he takes so they can transfer there.

We've got a mess on our hands.

If this is true, we are much better off if they leave. Anyone who feels a stronger connection to the coach, over the school, will be a locker room problem for the new coach. Management 101- eliminate any negative influence in your people pool.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
oxrageous;109929 said:
One thing I've been told that I haven't yet shared is that at least 5 young defensive players are talking about leaving with Muschamp. Waiting to see what job he takes so they can transfer there. We've got a mess on our hands.
Matt Rolin is one for sure. His message the other day was like something you would hear on Delilah

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Fowlers a freak.... Even if WM stayed he'd still be gone this year

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Players can file for an exception and not have to sit out a year. Those who live in other states only have to be creative and I'm sure the team they are interested in would gladly assist them. College football is more of a business, these days. Loyalty to schools does not mean much anymore - if it did, you would see more ex-players at games and out supporting the program. It has been said for the past few years that things are changing and they will never be as they were.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Gator98MD;n109917 said:
Zach thinks Morrison, Bullard and matt jones may go as well

Zach is only stating his opinion but if I may respond. Fowler, no brainer, correct move, 1st round, a good OLB in a 3-4. Best of luck.
Bullard can play in the NFL, but not a 1st day selection, needs to return.
Morrison, someone else said it best:lmao:. He reminds me of Brandon Siler. A very good in the box LB when playing behind good DT's as Siler did, but absolutely horrendous in pass coverage as Siler was. Siler parlayed that recipe into being a 7th round (yes 7th) pick. Granted he had a decent NFL career but you DON'T leave early for 7th round money.

Jones, I mean what do you say. Jones is barely an average college RB. I don;t know what else to say.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n110137 said:
Players can file for an exception and not have to sit out a year.
Say what? I would imagine the "exception" would have to be pretty severe, like when the Penn State players found out their school was nearly getting the death penalty. I wouldn't think "my coach is getting fired because he stunk and I'm butthurt" would qualify as a legitimate exception.

They leave, they are going to have to sit out a year - or else there's something extremely wrong with the system. These players made a commitment to UF, not Muschamp.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Shi_, happens!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n110229 said:
Fowler was gone regardless of Muschamp staying or not.
Of course he was. He just felt like he had to display to the world his undying loyalty to Muschamp on his way out.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n110177 said:
Say what? I would imagine the "exception" would have to be pretty severe, like when the Penn State players found out their school was nearly getting the death penalty. I wouldn't think "my coach is getting fired because he stunk and I'm butthurt" would qualify as a legitimate exception.

They leave, they are going to have to sit out a year - or else there's something extremely wrong with the system. These players made a commitment to UF, not Muschamp.

You would have to look back at the CJ Spiller story to get a good example without the school doing something stupid. he was 2 states away with a newborn baby. He almost came back to Florida but was "talked" into staying at Clemson. I think the rule required that the school either would not release at all or would not release to the specific school of choice in order to grant a hardship transfer. If I recall correctly, the school has to restrict the player. UF has never to my knowledge restricted transfers in recent years. Maybe someone who cares a little more can look the rule up.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n110137 said:
Players can file for an exception and not have to sit out a year. Those who live in other states only have to be creative and I'm sure the team they are interested in would gladly assist them. College football is more of a business, these days. Loyalty to schools does not mean much anymore - if it did, you would see more ex-players at games and out supporting the program. It has been said for the past few years that things are changing and they will never be as they were.

Not even close to being true. There's no way the new coach will allow them to play anywhere in the SEC, FSU, or MIA, or OSU. So I guess if they want to go to Virginia, more power to them.

There was a player a couple years back that was restricted from attending about 50 different schools. We allowed Brock Berlin to attend MIA. That will never happen again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator