Franks named starter for Michigan game

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Smacks of an attempt to change the conversation. At least we will have a much better idea about Franks by Saturday evening.
giphy.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
To be clear on my previous post, I don't like the situation we're in either. I just have my doubts it will change. Go easy on the dislikes ol son, we are in this sh!tshow together☹️
Dislikes never hurt anyone!

It's 4-6 loss coaches that destroy programs, not dislikes.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Good. Can't be any worse than Donald Douglas. We lived through that one too.

Last edited:

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
Let me ask you a question, not that I think Mac is the answer but right now realistically, if you had to make a hire, who would it be?

James Franklin, but he isn't leaving Penn State to come here, no one will unfortunately. We have become what we despise, UT.... settling for mediocrity...ughhhh I wish Spurdog had the energy to coach again, would be great to have him back on the sidelines, hell bring in bob stoops out of retirement

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@GatorsFB: Feleipe Franks will become the first redshirt freshman to start a season opener at QB for the #Gators since Kerwin Bell in 1984. #GoGators

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm relieved to hear that Franks is the starter. Hopefully this means we'll have some stability at the position for the next few years.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was clamoring for Zaire, but hopefully this means that Franks has progressed and practiced well. We'll see if he's a gamer when the bullets start flying. Mac trusts that he can get the job done. This should be good for his confidence. In Feleipe we trust!

I bet Zaire will still see some time. I suspect they have a package of plays for him as a change of pace to throw off the defense. If the Zaire experiment works this year, then Toney will be that guy next year. That's just my guess anyways.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
DUBSTER, time to eat your crow!! LOLOL Dubster on suicide watch now cause he has been PUMPING LDR ALLLLL offseason!!

He's been trolling URG more than anything. I don't believe for a second he really wants to see LDR start.:lol:

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Really perfect situation.

No pressure to win now that everyone is out. Get's big game experience while not playing an SEC opponent. Should be ready to go when SEC play rolls around.

If you think there is no pressure to win you probably don't really understand players or coaches. Those ten missing men are significant, but we still have a team who should expect to play well in all phases and that will give us a good chance for victory.

Only losers expect to lose, and I hope we don't have many losers on this team.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He's been trolling URG more than anything. I don't believe for a second he really wants to see LDR start.:lol:
He was trolling me, but he also said it speeds up Mac's exit if LDR starts, so he was pullin for it :lol:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I bet Zaire will still see some time. I suspect they have a package of plays for him as a change of pace to throw off the defense. If the Zaire experiment works this year, then Toney will be that guy next year. That's just my guess anyways.
pretty sure Mac brought up Zaire in the presser, and that he will play.

Anyone checked up on LDRs twitter yet?:snicker:

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If you think there is no pressure to win you probably don't really understand players or coaches. Those ten missing men are significant, but we still have a team who should expect to play well in all phases and that will give us a good chance for victory.

Only losers expect to lose, and I hope we don't have many losers on this team.

Damn right chief . UF is no place for losers. I'm positive Vulcan would agree!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'm relieved to hear that Franks is the starter. Hopefully this means we'll have some stability at the position for the next few years.

My thoughts exactly. It also means Mac is giving us a look at what he can do in developing a QB. Both LDR and Zaire would not only have been short term solutions, but they're just as much the "all I have, not my fault" routine as Treon was. If Franks is solid and actually leads us to a good season, awesome. If the opposite happens, and it's evident that he's not been properly developed, then we have that answer. In either scenario, we learn a lot by Saturday evening, and aren't having to continue playing the waiting game.

How anyone can see this as anything but a positive is confusing to me. It's not Spring or June. We're 72 hours away from knowing a lot about the future of our program. The negativity at this point really makes no sense. I'm as on the fence as anyone else, and will call out the stupidity with zero discretion. But we don't have to speculate any more. We're here. At least wait until after we get beaten by Michigan to start the can "it's all over" talk. He's getting this year(and probably another) regardless. May as well try to enjoy it and hope for the best.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
Franks won't under throw anyone that is for sure. I hope they worked on his "touch" passes and not break our WRs hands on fade routes :)

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
James Franklin, but he isn't leaving Penn State to come here, no one will unfortunately. We have become what we despise, UT.... settling for mediocrity...ughhhh I wish Spurdog had the energy to coach again, would be great to have him back on the sidelines, hell bring in bob stoops out of retirement

And Franklin has those couple of rapists that he had on his Vandy team as well, unless I am mistaken.

We have a good chance to have the long term successful coach we all desire with our current coach. He probably needs some better assistants. Stoops is not coming here.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
My thoughts exactly. It also means Mac is giving us a look at what he can do in developing a QB. Both LDR and Zaire would not only have been short term solutions, but they're just as much the "all I have, not my fault" routine as Treon was. If Franks is solid and actually leads us to a good season, awesome. If the opposite happens, and it's evident that he's not been properly developed, then we have that answer. In either scenario, we learn a lot by Saturday evening, and aren't having to continue playing the waiting game.

How anyone can see this as anything but a positive is confusing to me. It's not Spring or June. We're 72 hours away from knowing a lot about the future of our program. The negativity at this point really makes no sense. I'm as on the fence as anyone else, and will call out the stupidity with zero discretion. But we don't have to speculate any more. We're here. At least wait until after we get beaten by Michigan to start the can "it's all over" talk. He's getting this year(and probably another) regardless. May as well try to enjoy it and hope for the best.

It is positive as long as he actually won the job (I expect that he did) and not have been given it because of some external pressure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator