Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
:faint:

Thank GOD!

Timing sure makes it look like damage control but I don't care the rationale. Just not uncle rico!!!

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014
the good news is that butter is getting fired this year is a realistic possibility. that should make everyone smile. A chance that finally righting the program.

You're dreaming if you think he gets fired. It only happens if there is a crazy scandal that is larger and more involved than has come to light.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
Listen, what these guys did happens at every major university and not just with football players and not just male players. Let's be real here. I am curious as to see if this starts a snowball effect with this scholarship "card" at other schools

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Top RB and WR out, start a young redshirt freshman QB on national television, get ass raped, then start Luke Delpunko or the ND reject the rest of the season and Franks transfers at the end. Get all the excuses ready for Mac on Monday. He is beginning to make Leyer look like a disciplinarian.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You're dreaming if you think he gets fired. It only happens if there is a crazy scandal that is larger and more involved than has come to light.

If things don't go well this year we can claim Mac is running a renegade program. He did have a player under his watch put a gun to his girlfriend's head, another with rape allegations and one suspended for performance enhancing drugs.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
And Franklin has those couple of rapists that he had on his Vandy team as well, unless I am mistaken.

We have a good chance to have the long term successful coach we all desire with our current coach. He probably needs some better assistants. Stoops is not coming here.

PJ Fleck???

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I sure hope this isn't a Treon/Grier type deal and he lets the kid make his mistakes and stick with him. I really think Franks must be impressing them in practice for Mac not to give LDR the start.
I do find it odd that he announced it and didn't just trot him out there on Saturday. Can't really understand waiting this late, as if to keep it a secret, then deciding to go public with it.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I sure hope this isn't a Treon/Grier type deal and he lets the kid make his mistakes and stick with him. I really think Franks must be impressing them in practice for Mac not to give LDR the start.
I do find it odd that he announced it and didn't just trot him out there on Saturday. Can't really understand waiting this late, as if to keep it a secret, then deciding to go public with it.

That one is obvious. He's trying to deflect some attention away from the new suspensions.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

Perhaps to offset the negatives of two more guilty players suspended.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
He had no intention of announcing it, but then the scarlett and wells bombs dropped this afternoon and even supporters were getting really pissed. This was press conference damage control - throw some meat out to get the heat off the ever increasing credit card situation thats now enveloping all of our best offensive players.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
That one is obvious. He's trying to deflect some attention away from the new suspensions.
I don't know about that. Who didn't believe it wasn't possible to have more players be involved. I'm willing to bet it's not over yet.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Since 2009, the program has been in complete disarray.

We had a ****ing UGA bulldog as HC.

We've had no coach able to properly coach offensive football, much less young quarterbacks.

The program is 'broken', to quote a Leyer. Fan apathy increasing, boosters mumbling.

Another 'Saban Disciple' brought in to right the ship, whose only apparent merit would be the ability to give the late Archie Campbell a run for his money.

The solution you ask?

Simple, he sits behind a desk about 20 yards down the hall from Mac's office. Before you mention age, Bill Snyder is 77 and did a bang up job on his second go-round at K-State, for K-State standards. It's time to get the swag back in our program, where the SEC hated our guts, and not treated us as an afterthought.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I'm harder on Mac than most but this is the best move. Not to sound repetitive but it really is do or die on offense. Zaire probably gets 2-3 series...maybe? I really thought Zaire was brought here to be the starter. Kudos to Franks for taking the next step. Game on. Come strong or don't come at all. I want to see a fired up team. URGENCY.

ANd if Mac turns a corner then god bless us all. That's the best possible outcome.

My only concern(and it is a great one to have) is if Franks blows up...will Corral come here to sit for a couple years. Again...great problem to have.

Go Gators!

PS Threat, please go easy on me but send it to me when you are ready and we can start Sunday if you'd like.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Meatchicken has a good front seven and was gonna be tough to run on, even with Scarlett. Franks provides the best chance to exploit their young secondary. It was the best choice as sofla so eloquently opined. Throw in a couple of series for Zaire to keep them on their toes. I hope that's the game plan anyway.

BTW:
I'd be giving out a lot more likes in this thread if I could do it from my phone. Even for Donkey, he's cracking me up. :lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Meatchicken has a good front seven and was gonna be tough to run on, even with Scarlett. Franks provides the best chance to exploit their young secondary.
I agree that Frank theoretically gives the best chance to exploit the safeties. However, in the real world, Franks scored twice versus our walkons. I don't really think it matters.

Meatchikin knows Nusschump very well.... AND THEY AREN'T SCARED IN THE SLIGHTEST about vertical passing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.