Franks to be named starter?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

Note on the dog's mouth that Pavlov-effect. He's salivating anticipating the treat he'll get when he sinks that shot. Thus he's been trained thoroughly at this. ?? Film all tries 'til one goes in.... I know 'cause I lost money betting against that dog ... in Atlanta, in Miami, in Vegas, in...

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Time for all this yap to end and let's see if CDM is the true QB Whisperer that we've been waiting for years to see (since it obviously wasn't Butterbrain). All I can remember about Franks is that he sucked every time I saw him except for the bomb that saved the TN game. If CDM has made a real QB out of Franks he deserves every accolade he gets and then some. If not I hope he has the guy on a short leash.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The general disdain against Franks is not that he is a bad guy, or lacks leadership and work ethic. It’s what we have watched for two seasons now. Slow release, can’t read D, does not go through progressions, and no touch on short passes. Some of this is on the mental side and may not be correctable. I will be pulling for whoever starts regardless. Go Gators.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So Trask lost out to Felipe 'cause Franks was so good at those things.
Trash lost bc he has no talent.

Charleston South didnt want him. 300 other Div1AA schools didnt.

500 div 2 schools didnt want him.

One Div 3 school wanted him.

Anf Butters.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Trask is a BETTER passer and can make reads faster than Franks. Again, that doesn't make him a good QB. It is very alarming though since Franks is a 4 star and Trask hasn't played much. The only thing Franks has on Trask is his athleticism. Doesnt say much for the starting QB at UF.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Trask is a BETTER passer and can make reads faster than Franks.
There's nothing to support this, just your wild hatred Franks (frustration understandable, but somewhat misplaced), your belief that whoever's on the bench must be better, and your wish that I was wrong about something.

In reality Trash was less than 50% vs walk ons in the spring game, with zero TDs and two passes that hit a linebacker and a safety in the numbers.
Thats the real world, not a fantasy fueled by your anger and faith in Bowl's neverending love affair with every 3rd string QB since 2007.

Last edited:

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There's nothing to support this, just your wild hatred Franks (frustration understandable, but somewhat misplaced), your belief that whoever's on the bench must be better, and your wish that I was wrong about something.

In reality Trash was less than 50% vs walk ons in the spring game, with zero TDs and two passes that hit a linebacker and a safety in the numbers.
Thats the real world, not a fantasy fueled by your anger and faith in Bowl's neverending love affair with every 3rd string QB since 2007.

Talk about misplaced hatred. It’s unbelvable how bad you rip on Trask. I hope he gets a shot at some point this year , as your meltdown would be classic. It would not surprise me at all if he is a better game manager than Franks. Neither is the answer in Mullens system, they are just a placeholder for EJ or JJ.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Our QB situation is awful, but Trask simply should not be on the team. I was hoping for a great showing by someone at the spring game, and that is where Trask had to show up. FSU has two 5* guys killing themselves to start at QB, we have Franks and Trask. Good Lord.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Our QB situation is awful, but Trask simply should not be on the team. I was hoping for a great showing by someone at the spring game, and that is where Trask had to show up. FSU has two 5* guys killing themselves to start at QB, we have Franks and Trask. Good Lord.
Now which of the QBs on the FSU roster are 5*? Deondre was a composite 4* and James Blackman a 3*. Now Blackman has played beyond his rating for sure. Bailey Hockman was a borderline 3*/4*. Hopefully they will keep all their QBs upright and will have more quick hitting passes rather than the slow developing passes that Fisher liked that almost killed Francois.

Last edited:

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
The only thing Franks has on Trask is his athleticism. Doesnt say much for the starting QB at UF.

I hope this is right and Franks can be an effective runner, but this is a quote from Franks (courtesy of The All American/Will Sammon):

Franks said. “In high school, I think I had, like, I might have run like 10 times. I didn’t ever run, so that’s kind of new to me. I think I’m adjusting pretty well to it.”

He also noted:

When you exclude sacks and plays with fumbled snaps, Franks had 25 carries for 217 yards last season. His 8.68 yards per carry is inflated by the long run against Texas A&M, but even if that 79-yard run is excluded, Franks averaged a respectable 5.75 yards per carry.

Besides two quarterback keepers up the middle on third-and-short situations, none of Franks’ carries last year came on designed runs or RPOs, based on The Athletic’s charting of plays.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I just read this article:

Franks ready to take next step at Florida - GatorSports.com

...and I have to say that he should just shut up and play. Let his play speak for him. Right now he's just whining, just like LDR. I hope he does not but if he ****s the bed against Kentucky, against SEC defenses, the fanbase will turn against him. The only way to win the fanbase is to play well.

I didn’t see any whining in that article...just more evidence that he has his teammates respect and his focus on improvement and winning.

I do agree the leash should be short. EJ needs to get under the lights early to adapt to the noise, pressure and speed of the game. True freshmen have delivered elsewhere. I think EJ is the future.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Now which of the QBs on the FSU roster are 5*? Deondre was a composite 4* and James Blackman a 3*. Now Blackman has played beyond his rating for sure. Bailey Hockman was a borderline 3*/4*. Hopefully they will keep all their QBs upright and will have more quick hitting passes rather than the slow developing passes that Fisher liked that almost killed Francois.
My bad of course I meant uga. I was watching a replay of their game against the Sooners today and Fromm was great.

leogator

May 5, 2018
My bad of course I meant uga. I was watching a replay of their game against the Sooners today and Fromm was great.
They lost a lot from that senior laden team. I wanted Fields no matter who the coach was. Then when Mullen was selected and Fields chose Georgia, I wanted Terry Wilson the JUCO QB.

Last edited:

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hopefully they will keep all their QBs upright and will have more quick hitting passes rather than the slow developing passes that Fisher liked that almost killed Francois.
Hopefully what? Hopefully they ruin their QBs and Taggart earns an immediate and long standing reputation as a selfish irresponsible HC.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Also two 5* battling at UGA and Bama. We may never catch up...

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I think EJ is the future.

Last year I wanted Franks because I didn’t think Del Río or Applebee’s were great, so develop the young guy. That “development” never happened. Coaching? Ability? Is it underway now? Not that we’ve seen yet. (He’s still very young, so there is some hope.)

This year I hope that they build EJ into the offense so he gets real time touches. If Franks shows meaningful improvement, great. If he doesn’t, EJ will rightly pass him sooner than later.

In any case, he needs touches.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.