Frost leads Nebraska to worst season start EVER

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ox said it best - it's REAL hard to recruit to the middle-of-nowhere Nebraska. That being said, like every other university in the Big 10 (er, 14), and just like UF, they are academically sound, in the American Association of Universities (AAU - not the athletic AAU). That's great for their academics, but it's not gonna win them football games. If we think it will take awhile for Mullen (and we'll know more about that tonight), it's gonna take a long while for Frost to be successful out there on the (real, not Auburn) plains.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Ox said it best - it's REAL hard to recruit to the middle-of-nowhere Nebraska. That being said, like every other university in the Big 10 (er, 14), and just like UF, they are academically sound, in the American Association of Universities (AAU - not the athletic AAU). That's great for their academics, but it's not gonna win them football games. If we think it will take awhile for Mullen (and we'll know more about that tonight), it's gonna take a long while for Frost to be successful out there on the (real, not Auburn) plains.
We all thought you were dead - we even had a RIP thread for you.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I forgot Frost lost his QB and didn't he have a transfer as well. Still no excuse to look that bad.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We all thought you were dead - we even had a RIP thread for you.
Seriously?? I'll have to find that.

I enjoy the site, it's just that, as a university professor whose university (former Armstrong State, in Savannah) was consolidated by the Georgia Board of Regents into Georgia Southern University (Go Eagles! - so now I have another team to cheer for, LOL), I have been EXTREMELY busy. As Co-Chair of the committee that oversaw the merger of our IT and Cybersecurity Curriculum, my life hasn't always been my own in the past 8 to 9 months (and it is still taking up a lot of time).

But, I figured that I could make some time to come back here and see what ppl are thinking about the Gators. So I decided that today, with the matchup with the Creamsicles, would be as good as any. I'll never put out thousands of posts, but I'm going to try to stay somewhat current.

I also need to change that image for my avatar. That was taken at the UF-UK blowout during Urban's 2008 season. I don't look anything like that anymore at all (less hair, no more glasses due to cataract surgery - hey, the day after LSU in two weeks I'll be 63!)

Frank

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
This thread perfectly exemplifies the signature difference between real Gator and absolute troll.

Credit to Rex for acknowledging he may have been mistaken and also saying that QB issue or not, they should look better. Doesn’t mean he can’t turn it around, but it’s a bad start.

On the other hand, we have legit defending of a guy who is a pick-6 from being 0-3, including a loss to Samford. Really Omar, he needs his players? They have the 2nd, 3rd and 5th best classes in the country, began last year as almost a universal Playoff team, and you’re going to play the “wait till he gets his players” card as they’re staring at a 6 -7 win season?

What a joke.

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
Wasn't Nebraska booted out of the AAU? and the big 10 said if they had known it was going to happen they wouldn't have invited them?

Dead program.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
They showed Frost afterward. Yikes. He looked shellshocked. I have no doubt that his UCF roster was far more talented than those corn fed boys.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Wasn't Nebraska booted out of the AAU? and the big 10 said if they had known it was going to happen they wouldn't have invited them?

Dead program.

Didn't hear of that. I'll have to look it up. I guess it's somewhere in the Chronicles (as we call it - the Chronicles of Higher Education). I know that was one reason they were invited - with 11 schools already in the AAU (I think founded by Michigan over 100 yrs ago), they invited Nebraska because they were, too. Then they invited Rutgers and Maryland for the same reasons (as well as TV markets - both those schools joining the Big 10 was a BIG mistake, esp Maryland, a founder of the ACC)

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
This thread perfectly exemplifies the signature difference between real Gator and absolute troll.

Credit to Rex for acknowledging he may have been mistaken and also saying that QB issue or not, they should look better. Doesn’t mean he can’t turn it around, but it’s a bad start.

On the other hand, we have legit defending of a guy who is a pick-6 from being 0-3, including a loss to Samford. Really Omar, he needs his players? They have the 2nd, 3rd and 5th best classes in the country, began last year as almost a universal Playoff team, and you’re going to play the “wait till he gets his players” card as they’re staring at a 6 -7 win season?

What a joke.
Don't drive Omar off. I want him on here so I can watch him suffer during the Taggart year(s).

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
As far as winning NC's, I think they are absolutely dead because it's a place you can't recruit elite athletes to anymore. You could certainly put some solid 10-win teams together, though.

However, those fans expect titles, not 10-win seasons. Frost put himself in an impossible situation.
If you can lure kids to Tuscaloosa, you can lure them anywhere.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Not to mention UCF hasn't missed a beat in his absence.

Just when you thought you knew everything.

That just means we need to keep an eye on Stoops’ MNC-winning QB.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
He had it made UCF and he's going to be a doormat at Nebraska for a couple years at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator