FSU hires Taggart; Oregon players rip him as liar

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
All the black chics. The players have the FSU coeds when they want white girls and FAMU coeds when they want dark ones. Works out great for them. It’s like Thanksgiving every day of the year.
So you're saying we need like a St. Mary's of the Cross down the road from Campus, stocked with ready, willing and able Southern Baptist Hotties to combat the decided FAMU advantage. And To think all this time, I thought it was their band that everybody wanted.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
You know what Mike Sanford, Mike Bobo, Randy Shannon, Frank Wilson, Matt Wells, Rick Stockstill, Jeff Bonamego, Steve Addazio, Joey Jones, Everett Withers, Bob Davie, Mike Price, and Kalani Sitalue all have in common with Taggart? They were all current division 1 coaches at one point this season. You know what they don't have in common? They all have a career wining percentage above .485 unlike Taggart.
Dan Mullen has .45 career win % In the SEC

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
It is a little different as Mullen had to face Bama, Auburn, aTm, and LSU every year while recruiting against them in Starkville. The deck was stacked against him from the start while Taggart was going up against the little sisters of the poor in the AAC and C-USA. He lost plenty of C-USA games while there. He lost to McNeese in his fourth year as HC (1st at USF) by 32 points. That shouldn't happen even if he only had one recruiting class. He hasn't been at a power 5 school long enough to say he won't suffer a loss like that.
Dan lost to a team that lost to Idaho in year 8.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Remember when Omar took a break from the board? Good times...
Don't get your panties in a wad because I don't tow the company line when it comes to what I see. Right now UF is the 4th best program in the state and we just hired a mediocre coach and recruiter again. How's Richt doing? Kirby was WM 2.0 this board said. Or jimbo isn't a great coach. Great coaches don't get $75M. Looks like you've been wrong. A lot.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Dudes a scum bag and kids are calling him out on it. Not a good look for a fan base that was crying about Jimbo doing the same thing yesterday!

Happens everywhere.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Urban Meyer has had 20+ Coordinators since 2001.

He's 176-31

Let's get this over with now. Urban Meyer is Urban because of himself. Stop trying to diminish one of the greatest coaches of all-time to prop up some Miss ST dog that can't beat a good team if he tried. I guess Mullen left that part of his coaching with Urban...the beating of the ranked teams. Oops.

Stop the madness. It makes us look desperate to try to validate our mediocre coach.

Stop it.
Just like when every coach was going to be successful because they worked for Saban.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I was underwhelmed with the Mullen hiring, to say the least. The sub-50% record against SEC competition doesn't exactly thrill me. But in terms of overall resources and the "glamour factor," MSU definitely ain't Oregon. Conversely, in terms of the level of the completion - and the general degree of difficulty winning ballgames, the Pac 12 sure as hell ain't the SEC west. Jimbo's departure is a very positive development for us. To say otherwise is just ridiculous. Generally, I'm feeling better about things than I was a week ago. Also, I am in no shape, form or fashion intimidated by the new HCs at SCUM or the SOW. I also don't give two schitts about some FSU troll pretending to be a Florida fan.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
This is a diversity hire. I don't think it will end well for the Noles, no matter who Taggart's staff is. Hell Jimbo couldn't get it done with this roster, and he's 10 times the coach Taggart is, plus he was pulling top 5 classes his whole tenure.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
The last time Omar went crazy like this was when we pointed out that Jimbo Bowden Bastard is a 4 loss coach without Rapeis.

Weird. He has a couple of topics that seem to set him off.
:suspect2:
It's almost like he's pretending to be something he's not...

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
No Kidding. No matter how you spell it, Jimbo>Taggert, period. This is good news for us.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
Yes because his overall record tells you the whole story rather than what he did. His trajectory each year has gone up..mullens has not.

His trajectory has gone up each year because he's jumping from job to job. If he stuck it out at WKU for 9 years then you bet there would be some down years and bad losses. If he stuck it out at USF for 9 years that team would probably have fallen off the map after Flowers graduated. Charlie Strong is going to experience that soon. We basically fell off the map after Tebow and that was with Urban still leading the team. That's what happened to Mullen post Dak at MSU.

Taggart has been able to hitch his wagon to a single set of recruits and slingshot himself to the next stop. I was going to say he may get to watch recruits he actually recruited graduate for the first time in his head coaching career if he stays at FSU long enough but it's FSU and I'm not sure anyone graduates from there.

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wrong. This is like when people said Kirby was WM 2.0. Taggart is a great coach. That being said I hope he loses every game.

So Kirby has a one loss regular season in year two before the bowl games, just like Champ... So far that has yet to be proven. As far as Taggart being a great coach, I watched just about every game he coached at USF. Good recruiter yes, great coach.... put down the pipe Omar.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Taggart to Tenn now. He was at FSU too long. Man he really jumps quickly at jobs!!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
So Kirby has a one loss regular season in year two before the bowl games, just like Champ... So far that has yet to be proven. As far as Taggart being a great coach, I watched just about every game he coached at USF. Good recruiter yes, great coach.... put down the pipe Omar.

Disagree about Smart until it happens. That Auburn gameplan was brilliant.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I don’t think he’s as bad as everyone makes him seem. I’d say he’s definitely a step down from Jimbo in the coaching department – but probably not that big of a step down. I don’t think Jimbo was all that great of a coach anyway – he just caught lightning in a bottle with Winston.

If he can continue the recruiting momentum that Jimbo had I don’t think there will be a huge drop off.

BUT, the question is – can he continue the recruiting momentum? His staff at Oregon was lights out.

He’s not going to have Cristobal or Leavitt. In fact, I’m not sure that he is bringing anybody from Oregon. And I don’t think FSU will pay for a supporting staff that he needs.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He’s not going to have Cristobal or Leavitt. In fact, I’m not sure that he is bringing anybody from Oregon. And I don’t think FSU will pay for a supporting staff that he needs.

This is why I think there will be a drop off, Cristobal and Leavitt were very good coaches on his staff and good recruiters... Going to be hard to replicate when you don't have Oregon's budget.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Disagree about Smart until it happens. That Auburn gameplan was brilliant.

Rex, what I'm saying is, until he is proven otherwise... it is what it is. So far its' been similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator