FSU hires Taggart; Oregon players rip him as liar

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
I'd argue the opposite. Since Mullen left, name one QB that came out of UF or OSU that was worth a grain of salt in the NFL? Mullen has developed and coached an NFL QB at each stop, two of which are still contributors in the league. Without a strong OC (Mullen or Herman), Urban's offenses have been largely inept when they play a team with a pulse. Urban is a great coach, don't get me wrong, but to act like Mullen or Herman had nothing to do with Urban's success is asinine.
Nfl success doesn't matter in college. Meyer won a NC with a 3rd string QB. In his time there his worst ranked offense was #12. It was #6 This year. It shows he can hire assistants too. Meyers 11-3 vs the top 25 without either as a hc.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
USF had 2 down years and then he got them back to averaging about the same amount of wins Leavitt was averaging their but keep telling yourself that he did something special.

WKU was trash your right and he got them all the way up to 7 wins in a season since he's left they've won 12 games 11 games and 6 games this year. Again he recruited well but he never did anything amazing anywhere he's been.
They were so bad when he took over they got beat by 32 by an fcs school in game 1 and 2-14 vs the big east. He took over WKU and laid the foundation for success. Just like He he did the same for Charlie.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They were so bad when he took over they got beat by 32 by an fcs school in game 1 and 2-14 vs the big east. He took over WKU and laid the foundation for success. Just like He he did the same for Charlie.
So basically it's a great hire cause he'll lay the foundation for the next coach they hire in 3 years? Sounds great congrats!

I don't know why it's so hard for you to grasp that the only thing you or anybody else can point to to say he's a great coach is something the Noles don't have a problem with. They didn't need a great recruiter to build the program they were doing just fine in that regard. They needed to hire a great coach and they didn't.

Last edited:

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Richt got freaking fired from by the Ball l!ckers and got his azz whooped by Pitt and Clemson. Richt has never been referred to as an elite or great coach. Lets see what Kirby can do next year without a Chubb in his pants.
What? Richt is considered a great coach by anyone who's not a blind homer. Smart will be fine with all the elite talent he's bringing in.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
Everyone has made something of Mullen's record versus ranked teams but I haven't heard anything about Taggart's record versus ranked teams. He is a whopping 2-13 versus ranked teams and those two wins are against #22 Temple in 2015 and #22 Navy in 2016. Not exactly huge upsets that showed the nation his coaching abilities.

He was one game away from being fired at USF in 2015 until he let a game changer (for the AAC) in Flowers off his leash. It will be an interesting science project and hopefully it ends in the equivalent of blowing up the science lab.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
So basically it's a great hire cause he'll lay the foundation for the next coach they hire in 3 years? Sounds great congrats!

I don't know why it's so hard for you to grasp that the only thing you or anybody else can point to to say he's a great coach is something the Noles don't have a problem with. They didn't need a great recruiter to build the program they were doing just fine in that regard. They needed to hire a great coach and they didn't.
That maybe true. TAGGART may not be meyer but bad coaches don't continually improve teams.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Everyone has made something of Mullen's record versus ranked teams but I haven't heard anything about Taggart's record versus ranked teams. He is a whopping 2-13 versus ranked teams and those two wins are against #22 Temple in 2015 and #22 Navy in 2016. Not exactly huge upsets that showed the nation his coaching abilities.

He was one game away from being fired at USF in 2015 until he let a game changer (for the AAC) in Flowers off his leash. It will be an interesting science project and hopefully it ends in the equivalent of blowing up the science lab.
Yes his record vs the top 25 isn't great. Coaching at WKU and USF is just a little different than MSU. Mullen also lost to South Alabama in year 8.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He's recruited kids to 3 different schools in the last 365 days. He's shown absolutely no loyalty to any of those kids. You can garuntee every coach recruiting against him will use that against him. What happens when his only strength becomes a weakness?

Last edited:

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
Yes his record vs the top 25 isn't great. Coaching at WKU and USF is just a little different than MSU. Mullen also lost to South Alabama in year 8.

It is a little different as Mullen had to face Bama, Auburn, aTm, and LSU every year while recruiting against them in Starkville. The deck was stacked against him from the start while Taggart was going up against the little sisters of the poor in the AAC and C-USA. He lost plenty of C-USA games while there. He lost to McNeese in his fourth year as HC (1st at USF) by 32 points. That shouldn't happen even if he only had one recruiting class. He hasn't been at a power 5 school long enough to say he won't suffer a loss like that.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Dudes a scum bag and kids are calling him out on it. Not a good look for a fan base that was crying about Jimbo doing the same thing yesterday!

IMG_20171205_222024.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Everyone has made something of Mullen's record versus ranked teams but I haven't heard anything about Taggart's record versus ranked teams. He is a whopping 2-13 versus ranked teams.
Yeah, but he is building a foundation so the next coach will do better.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I'd argue the opposite. Since Mullen left, name one QB that came out of UF or OSU that was worth a grain of salt in the NFL (or college)? Mullen has developed and coached an NFL QB at each stop, two of which are still contributors in the league. Without a strong OC (Mullen or Herman), Urban's offenses have been largely inept when they play a team with a pulse. Urban is a great coach, don't get me wrong, but to act like Mullen or Herman had nothing to do with Urban's success is asinine.

Urban Meyer has had 20+ Coordinators since 2001.

He's 176-31

Let's get this over with now. Urban Meyer is Urban because of himself. Stop trying to diminish one of the greatest coaches of all-time to prop up some Miss ST dog that can't beat a good team if he tried. I guess Mullen left that part of his coaching with Urban...the beating of the ranked teams. Oops.

Stop the madness. It makes us look desperate to try to validate our mediocre coach.

Stop it.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Urban Meyer has had 20+ Coordinators since 2001.

He's 176-31

Let's get this over with now. Urban Meyer is Urban because of himself. Stop trying to diminish one of the greatest coaches of all-time to prop up some Miss ST dog that can't beat a good team if he tried. I guess Mullen left that part of his coaching with Urban...the beating of the ranked teams. Oops.

Stop the madness. It makes us look desperate to try to validate our mediocre coach.

Stop it.
Read the room ,man. We've all said mullen wasn't within our 1st ten choices. We're all just grasping for something positive to cling too. We know what we got.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Remember when Omar took a break from the board? Good times...
The last time Omar went crazy like this was when we pointed out that Jimbo Bowden Bastard is a 4 loss coach without Rapeis.

Weird. He has a couple of topics that seem to set him off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.