FSU QB De'Andre Johnson suspended indefinitely

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
He'll never play a down for FSU.

You can't punch a woman, ever. But since Ray Ray...this is too toxic even for FSU. With Golson there this guy is expendable.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Arrest warrant was issued for his stupid @zz. He's still not kicked off the team though, what a surprise...

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Youthful ignorance is the go to line from Jimbo.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
T REX;n241287 said:
He'll never play a down for FSU.

You can't punch a woman, ever. But since Ray Ray...this is too toxic even for FSU. With Golson there this guy is expendable.

I think there may be some truth to the bolded above.

For all intensive porpoises it appears that FSU is actually trying to prevent some flareups/hot button issues.

For instance:
They offered a TE from Lowndes HS Ga (he's a great kid) and then the AD cancelled that offer because the kid was wrapped up in a legal battle w/the Kendrick Johnson murder case.

Ok, that's all I got.

One "for instance".

Hard to prove a point on just one but it's there.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
They have video of him. His career is over. No way to keep at this point...even at FSU.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n241355 said:
They have video of him. His career is over. No way to keep at this point...even at FSU.

You would think not but I could see Jimbo saying he wasn't kicking someone off the team permanently for a first time misdemeanor. It will probably depend on whether he was forced to or not by the administration.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I could see Jimbo claiming we (FSU) need to be helping today's youth and that the kid needs another chance, that FSU is the right environment to help the kid turn things around, etc.

However, he's not needed based on current QB depth, so he will see the curb shortly after this pending kick.

Dec 10, 2014
1010XL was just utterly horrible regarding this today. Frangie could not have been more pathetic. Every comment basically started with, "I'm not trying to defend him," and then there would be a but.

"I'm not trying to make him a victim," and then yet another but.

"There may be a video now, but"

Balu was glum because whatever pathetic sources he has in tallahassee told him that the whole thing would easily be explained away when the video was obtained.

Now the geniuses at 1010 think whatever footage that the prosecutors have may not tell the whole story. They were already surmising that the defense attorneys should claim (my words not theirs) a lack of complete investigation by the State Attorney's Office. They were proud that Johnson retained the services of Jose Baez (defended Casey Anthony).

I just want to say that 1010 was very considerate and concerned by how this would affect the career of Johnson. Not once did they mention things like:

1). the physical injuries of the victim

2). the obvious harassment that the victim would inevitably receive

3). the terrible reaction to the public records request by tpd

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
PatDooleySucks;n241611 said:
I hope FSU lets him stay on the team.
I believe they will. In 25 years of following CFB I've never seen them do the right thing when something like this is involved. I have no faith that they will this time unless the media pressure forces them to.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n243669 said:
Just saw it on another outlet. I doubt the charges stick, as it appears she was the aggressor. Not condoning his actions, but she was in a threatening posture and then at least tried to punch him first.

Yes, it was just self defense. He had no choice but to break her nose for her behavior.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.