Gainesville Sun Newspaper brings back their sports forum

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
SavannahGator;n42327 said:
So far, they have only a few new topics on their main message forum (Gatorsports Forum). None have been created since this morning. One even talks about Bo Pellini of NU. Why? Not a lot of content created on UF itself, one on the weather, one on new TE McGee from UVa. Not an auspicious restart.

There are posts that were created in June. Funny how so much content from 3 months ago is labeled "HOT".

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not interested. They didn't even keep my epic poo'd in my pants story. :weep:

If I want to get nostalgic I'll go back there and post out sequence one day and use dial-up to slow down the screen loading. Other than that, I'm happy here.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n42227]The Sun knows it's the big fish when it comes to UF message boards as evidenced by what I view as a very presumptive, even arrogant move on its part. Posters will flock back because it's the hometown paper connected to UF, a position that brings an automatic air of legitimacy, even (dare I say) a big-time feel. I suspect that will make Gator Chatter either its equal or the definitive adjunct to the discussion on UF sports, though I'm personally rooting for GCMB because I feel it better represents the interests of the posters. You can take the last 10 years combined of GSMB and not equal the effort and input from Oxrageous over here since the beginning of June.[/QUOTE]

Very well said '78.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MatthewM. said:
Ox, are we going to war? Should I get strapped up? Did anyone else receive the email like I did about the board being reactivated?
Keep your strap-on in the drawer please.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe they will allow thongs on the Jason Collin's thread. Hmmm.........................
Just kidding Ox. Despite your harsher censorship (for which you give valid reasoning) I will not be going back to GSMB.
:cheers:

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n42242 said:
Soooo...what you're saying is you will never post over there again???
excited023.gif

:lmao:

EXACTLY!! See ya over there, Dude.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I appreciate the sentiments and support. Only time will tell how this shakes out. However, at the end of the day I think the GSMB is going to be just like Swamp Gas, in which what you can say is greatly limited. That's what makes this place different, as we aren't a slave to the athletic program and can in turn speak our minds.

After all, why did we all love the GSMB over the other boards in the first place? The upper management left us alone to be ourselves. That has changed. The GSMB will not be the GSMB with Swamp Gas rules. It will just be Swamp Gas II.

Hell, since the news was announced, we've gotten 7 new sign-ups.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I'll still visit both the GSMB and Gator Chatter. Without Ox on the GSMB, it might get a little dull, though.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
I appreciate the sentiments and support. Only time will tell how this shakes out. However, at the end of the day I think the GSMB is going to be just like Swamp Gas, in which what you can say is greatly limited. That's what makes this place different, as we aren't a slave to the athletic program and can in turn speak our minds.

After all, why did we all love the GSMB over the other boards in the first place? The upper management left us alone to be ourselves. That has changed. The GSMB will not be the GSMB with Swamp Gas rules. It will just be Swamp Gas II.

Hell, since the news was announced, we've gotten 7 new sign-ups.
I've got a lot of aliases lined up

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo said:
Yeah it took them about 30 seconds to delete my post over there. Screw them.
I had two deleted, and yes **** the gsmb.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ox, if they truly like your podcast and will post it on their forum, just include gatorchatter commercials
as a quick break 2 or three times during the recording

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Shaerona said:
Screw them....Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you can f--k off and die.
I like you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.