Gator Recruiting Getting Called Out by ESPN and High School Coaches

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes, shocking that an F$U grad is critical of UF's recruiting. Shocking that after Meyer destroyed the cupboard and Muschamp finished the job - ruining Driskel and running off Brissett plus the rest of that group from WPB Dwyer in the process - that it's taking time to rebuild.

Let's see how we close before we judge 2017.

Another "I'd rather shoot the messenger" than believe the truth.

Again, Ross answered a question from a reporter. I'm sure Gus Scott would have answered similarly.

And if this isn't true, then wtf is really going on? Because something is happening. UF recruiting hasn't been this bad since pre-Spurrier days.

But go ahead, shoot the messenger....

Everything is fine. Nothing to see here.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Do people think our recruiting and player situation is due to Mac?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Again, Ross answered a question from a reporter. I'm sure Gus Scott would have answered similarly.
No doubt, that is why they went to an ASSistant instead of the head coach to write a soft (I admit) hit piece on UF now..............when we start defending hafazzzU grads in here to prove our points on how we suck Im done with the sh#t.......................

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
No doubt, that is why they went to an ASSistant instead of the head coach to write a soft (I admit) hit piece on UF now..............when we start defending hafazzzU grads in here to prove our points on how we suck Im done with the sh#t.......................
This may come as a shock to you but I can agree with the message and not the messenger.
He's the recruiting coordinator. He's going to deal with college recruiters more than Gus. This maybe a shock to you also but I don't care where he went to school and very rarely will it affect a player's recruitment. Meyer, Zook, WM and SOS had zero problems getting talent. If I can win him over the kids will follow. That's why we're behind. When you hire bad recruiters this is what you get. That's why when Hova gets banned from Homestead or you hire someone who burned bridges in Shannon and fail to follow up like Mac you sit behind Maryland, SCAR, and Kentucky in football recruiting.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I see your point. But as I have stated before Ive seen way too many times mr all world crash and burn and mr 2-3 * become a player we all love and get behind cause he has that fire and ability that kept getting better. Yeah, I know that aint the norm nowdays cause recruiting is a "science" and way of life for some people. But give me a kid that WANTS to be here and you dont have to kizzz his azz for 2-3 years so he will grace us with his presence ................btw :law: you all down with loving on Noles that talk sh#t about gators...............just wanta see how far you will go...........

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Is this about stars or not putting in the time with HS players and coaches, i.e. establishing relationships?

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
I see your point. But as I have stated before Ive seen way too many times mr all world crash and burn and mr 2-3 * become a player we all love and get behind cause he has that fire and ability that kept getting better. Yeah, I know that aint the norm nowdays cause recruiting is a "science" and way of life for some people. But give me a kid that WANTS to be here and you dont have to kizzz his azz for 2-3 years so he will grace us with his presence ................btw :law: you all down with loving on Noles that talk sh#t about gators...............just wanta see how far you will go...........
You don't think Mac and Co. Don't want those 4-5*s here? They've offered and visited plenty yet the kids go elsewhere. When it's a few kids you can chalk it up to kids being kids. When it's lots of kids you can point to the staff. Yes some 4-5-* players will bust but not at the rate of 2-3* players and the reason why you see so many 2-3* success stories is because there's a 1000 of them compared to 25-30 5* and 150-200* 4*s. The data and UFs NCs prove you need elite talent and coaching to win NCs. We have neither right now. So using your logic if you like coffee and Adolf Hitler likes coffee does that mean you support Hitler because you agree that coffee is good? You're crazy

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
So using your logic if you like coffee and Adolf Hitler likes coffee does that mean you support Hitler because you agree that coffee is good? You're crazy
This is why we cannot have nice things. I was nice and you hadda call me crazy. Not that I really give a sh#t but my logic is based on 50 years of watching gator football. You guys wanta run coaches off faster than the old days. Back then they had time to put in a system. Get players they recruited and establish working relationships with HS coaches..........now 1-2 years.......fire their azzzes cause all us keyboard coaches know what we are talking about................which is why WE COACH on the D1 level and not from our Iphones.................im just having fun Omar. We all know without X amount of 4-5 stars we will always suck and Bama and halfazz U will continue to hammer us and the beat will go on in here to get the next great coach/hired gun....................btw WHO is the flavor of the week now.........................
btw :law: will be here soon to say we liked mediocrity back then but this is a fact. Write it down.
An SOS or Urban DO NOT come by everyday...............that is called lightning in a bottle...........most coaches need time to get it rolling...........Check out a guy named John Wooden. or even Saban. I think he lost to a damn jawja southern type team early at bama......................

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
To be fair, your punctuation, at least, is thoroughly crazy,

There have been hundreds of instances of Butters and Co showing up late late late to the recruiting dance. Only one has involved a Null coach (who works for Gus Scott as you noted).

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
To be fair, your punctuation, at least, is thoroughly crazy,

There have been hundreds of instances of Butters and Co showing up late late late to the recruiting dance. Only one has involved a Null coach (who works for Gus Scott as you noted).
Good morning, Law. I am terribly grieved my grammatical errors have caused you consternation so early on this joyous day of celebration, being the first full day, where America is allowed to become GREAT AGAIN. I will strive to be more like the rank and file here with my postings...............or NOT.
Better crazy punctuation than crazy adulation for the real estate salesman we hired.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We are MAKING GATORS GREAT AGAIN.

As soon as we get a new coach.

Last edited:

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I get your point, but you , like many others, are end result people, regardless of the steps or the process, and that is fine. yes won 10 games last year. Won 10 games this year and won the East both years. But were you happy with the quality of play overall both years? I was not! Were you happy with the game management overall the past 2 years? I was not!. Are you happy with the player development overall the past 2 years? I am not? Are you happy with the way recruiting seems to be trending? I am not! Are you confident that Butters can develop and coach the players he has? I am not!. These are just opinions. The facts are on your side. Two 10 win seasons (yes I will count 10 this past year), yes 2 SEC East titles (if I can call it a title). But I see what I see and the process is a clear backslide. I am a believer that the process will lead to the results over the LONG term. Short term we have wins over the lesser teams and have gotten shellacked against better teams with very good coaches. So I am only giving my opinion that if this process stays the same the 10 win seasons will disappear and that # will be lower. Hope I am proven wrong but I don;t see it.

You have data on your side of the argument as well:
1. Offensive stats and rankings are data.
2. Performance against ranked teams is data.
3. Recruiting ranking is data.
4. Recruiting success in the state of Florida is data.
5. In game management while maybe not quantitative is qualitative data.

I can go on but the point being that win / loss record is not the only data out there.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, but it is the only one that matters............Why the hate, rocketman?
No one except Butters and a few nitwits think 4 loss seasons are something to brag about. Adding three cupcakes to the season has made a 7-4 coach more palatable to some, I guess.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

You need a safe space. Seriously.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
You need a safe space. Seriously.
I love that conservative go to line............easier than having to think of a response. Im still here.........and will be as long as people trash my team. COunt on it...........:bananadance2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.