Gators finish 14th in AP

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone who believes we were the 14th best team in the country this year is drunk.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone who believes we were the 14th best team in the country this year is drunk.
We would have been AT BEST the sixth best team in the SEC West.

I dont understand these people celebrating this. I blame Stockholm Syndrome.

Last edited:

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That's a great assessment....but don't tell the pumpers (we're just a player or two away from being right up there w/ FSU, Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, etc!!!!).

Who says that? Can you say who 'the pumpers' are so we can identify them?

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Touched a nerve?? Go look in the mirror and you may have your answer (along w/ several others!!).

No. You didn't 'touch a nerve.' ooooooooooo gud one.

I just have not read anyone who has said the kinds of things you ascribe to 'pumpers.' The most 'pumperish' things I'm hearing are very favorable comparisons with Dabo - which I wouldn't make because I don't see an upward trajectory due to sub-acceptable recruiting. I see a flat trajectory. I don't care what you label me - or what Law, or T-Rex or others label me. I'm very satisfied with my position. I haven't been making bold predictions or doom and gloom forecasts. I've said that, for me, the jury's still out on Mac. I just mock the doom and gloomers who aren't satisfied, likely never will be (you know who I'm thinking of) and who act like it's a done deal that Mac sucks and won't get any better.

Now, who writes the kind of things that you said (we're just a player or two away from being right up there w/ FSU, Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, etc!!!!)?

Put up or shut up.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Here's what I love about this board. The last few years, we've talked about how Auburn, FSU, and Clemson's national championships somehow shouldn't count simply because "all they had was an elite QB to carry them." Now in this thread, a couple of us say we're an elite QB away from competing for the playoffs, and all of a sudden (thanks @Durty South Swamp) we're pumping? News flash geniuses: elite QB's make all the difference in the world in the college game unless you're Alabama.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The last few years, we've talked about how Auburn, FSU, and Clemson's national championships somehow shouldn't count simply because "all they had was an elite QB to carry them."
Shouldn't count? I don't recall a single member sharing that particular sentiment.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Shouldn't count? I don't recall a single member sharing that particular sentiment.
I've seen plenty of people scoff at those championships because of Newton, Jameis, and now Watson. And I've seen people give credit to Tebow for Urban's championships. What's the common denominator there?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I've seen plenty of people scoff at those championships because of Newton, Jameis, and now Watson. And I've seen people give credit to Tebow for Urban's championships. What's the common denominator there?
I guess I haven't seen what you have. An elite QB can nearly single-handedly take a team all the way. Cam Newton was a perfect example.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
And if Franks or Trask turn out to be Tebow, Newton, or Winston, we're going to be just fine.

:lol3:

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
We would have been AT BEST the sixth best team in the SEC West.

I dont understand these people celebrating this. I blame Stockholm Syndrome.
In the ****ty west with only Bama being very good? The west isn't that good either.
You mean Devin Gardner who holds the UM all time total offense for a game? You have it backwards.
http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/devin-gardner-1.html

In fact under NussChamp gardner had 900 less yards passing, 10 less passing TDs and more Ints. His production plummeted under Nuss.
lmao at this guy coming at me with facts

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hey quit Whining. After the Iowa beat down we have improved in Red Zone Offense, We are tied at 126/128 with Indiana. Only leading Rutgers which is 128/128... We were 127/128 before the OutHouse Bowl.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No. You didn't 'touch a nerve.' ooooooooooo gud one.

I just have not read anyone who has said the kinds of things you ascribe to 'pumpers.' The most 'pumperish' things I'm hearing are very favorable comparisons with Dabo - which I wouldn't make because I don't see an upward trajectory due to sub-acceptable recruiting. I see a flat trajectory. I don't care what you label me - or what Law, or T-Rex or others label me. I'm very satisfied with my position. I haven't been making bold predictions or doom and gloom forecasts. I've said that, for me, the jury's still out on Mac. I just mock the doom and gloomers who aren't satisfied, likely never will be (you know who I'm thinking of) and who act like it's a done deal that Mac sucks and won't get any better.

Now, who writes the kind of things that you said (we're just a player or two away from being right up there w/ FSU, Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, etc!!!!)?

Put up or shut up.
BMF is always trying to put words into peoples ('pumpers') mouths and anyone who possesses any optimism is a 'pumper'. It's as if a pumper is a derogatory term to him as he can't stand to see ANY optimism. It's pretty sad really.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I agree that rankings at this stage are silly, but.............................
We beat #13 (LSU) at their house. Just sayin'. :dance:
I believe we'd also hang with Stanford and Okie State, currently ranked ahead of us - and I don't see many below us, if any, that I would pick to beat us. We'll see how we do against Michigan in the opener (they're #11) and go from there.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Here's what I love about this board. The last few years, we've talked about how Auburn, FSU, and Clemson's national championships somehow shouldn't count simply because "all they had was an elite QB to carry them." Now in this thread, a couple of us say we're an elite QB away from competing for the playoffs, and all of a sudden (thanks @Durty South Swamp) we're pumping? News flash geniuses: elite QB's make all the difference in the world in the college game unless you're Alabama.

We're an elite defense, OL and QB away from contending.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I mean it doesn't matter but WTF is that ****?
Its the national perception of who we are versus who LSU is. Reality doesn't matter, we are viewed as the crown clowns of the East and LSU is just a step below Bama.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator