Gators part ways with DB coach Kirk Callahan

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He didn't do much more than make vh3 regress and wasn't the recruiter he was made out to be. Wonder if summers and/or nord will follow.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As a coach, I thought the DB's took a step back. At this point in the game, is there someone that is going to be a large upgrade, or is there a underlying reason he got broken off two weeks after the season ended?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
As a coach, I thought the DB's took a step back. At this point in the game, is there someone that is going to be a large upgrade, or is there a underlying reason he got broken off two weeks after the season ended?
He was brought in to get cowart here and he didn't deliver. It's that simple.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Good. It's about time some of our staff starts seeing upgrades. I hope Mac puts pressure on Foley to bring in top talent and pay for it. The time for being cheap is gone.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Nice way of saying he got fired. I guess Mac wasn't impressed. I hope Mac lands someone great for that position.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
THANK GOD!! DB play has greatly regressed this year and recruiting for DB has been awful this cycle.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think we all can agree that DB play regressed. This is really surprising and it will be interesting to see if we can pick somebody up before the recruiting cycle ends. It seems clear to me that something happened to cause this... something recent, but we probably will never know.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Well, it was a poor hire to begin with and he can't recruit. Hopefully there's someone already lined up. The timing of this is very odd, should have been done 2 weeks ago. I hope the WR coach, Dixon, is on a short leash as well. Another poor hire by McElwain.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think we all can agree that DB play regressed. This is really surprising and it will be interesting to see if we can pick somebody up before the recruiting cycle ends. It seems clear to me that something happened to cause this... something recent, but we probably will never know.

^This. The timing is what is more suspicious of this firing. If it was just about DB's regressing, that would have happened last week (in my opinion).

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Well, it was a poor hire to begin with and he can't recruit. Hopefully there's someone already lined up. The timing of this is very odd, should have been done 2 weeks ago. I hope the WR coach, Dixon, is on a short leash as well. Another poor hire by McElwain.
At least the WR's looked to improve this year despite not being a fan of him and poor QB play for the last half of the year. They could actually ran the correct routes, but unfortunately couldn't get the ball to them.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Unless Callahan did something recently that forced his firing, I think Mac did this knowing he had someone better lined up. Callahan didn't really impress this year. Neither did Nord with special teams.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

What's wrong with Dixon? The receivers were good this year !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This comes in the heart of recruiting season. Must be a violation or lack of recruiting prowess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator