Harbaugh to Michigan - expected announcement on Tuesday

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
t-gator;n138501 said:
Jim tressel was a great coach

Terrible pass interference call away from being 0 for 3 in the big game. And a confirmed cheater.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n138505 said:
Terrible pass interference call away from being 0 for 3 in the big game. And a confirmed cheater.
They had a good stretch . I personally hate Ohio state but you can't deny the guys resume. Heck would you say chip Kelly is a bad coach because he got caught cheating or Pete Carroll? He put the suckeyes in a bcs game every year it seemed like.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure why a thread about Meatchicken and their coach search has ove 200 comments on a Gator Message Board.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Gatoravatara;n138511 said:
Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda. So heads Foley wins and tails we lose? If you are being objective, you will compare our hire to Michigan's hire. We both have the money to spend. We both sucked this year. You sound like you are making excuses for Foley before the next few years play out? I dont think people are arguing that we should be have hired JH. But they are saying that Foley has to be accountable for his hires. So we shall see how Florida and Michigan performs over the next few years. Then we can make a judgements based on facts. But dont say its not fair to judge our AD by comparing them to other big program who made hires in the same year. Especially since I think we were better than Michigan this year.

How are you still missing this?

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@AlbertBreer: Heard last night that Jim Harbaugh's deal at Michigan could reach $9 million per year. There was quiet bidding over the weekend.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n138479 said:
This is what's not to like:
2008 Fresno 39th
2009 Wash 74th
2010 Wash 69th
2011 Wash 38th
2012 Bama 19th
2013 Bama 32nd
2014 Mich 115th

115th?

Brutal. That's worse than 97th. Is that possible?

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n138431 said:
I've seen more than enough Nussmeier. Can't even imagine this is our future. How far we've sunken.

And you're right I should give it a rest like the rest of the Gator Nation. I turned it off in November and probably should keep it off. That may well be my New Year's Resolution. Turn this shiit off.

Does that mean you will stop posting also???

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n138479 said:
This is what's not to like:
2008 Fresno 39th
2009 Wash 74th
2010 Wash 69th
2011 Wash 38th
2012 Bama 19th
2013 Bama 32nd
2014 Mich 115th

And I will attempt to provide some context by pointing out that his two Bama offenses performed well and that he showed steady improvement at Washington. Michigan? That was enough of a dumpster fire that I'm not sure we can draw any conclusions.

Bottom line: Saban thought enough to hire him and he has a considerable history working alongside McElwain. Before we write him off as a bad hire, let's see a few snaps and what the guy can do. In the meantime, you avoided answering my other question: Who would you have hired over Nussmeier?

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The Nussy hire didn't excite me at all, but I'm not worried because I know Coach Mac is going to run the offense. My beef with Nussy is his general philosophy of playing Mushball on offense. Again, though, it really doesn't matter because he's going to do whatever Coach Mac tells him to do. I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt to Coach Mac and defer to him here.

Collins on defense is a nonstarter for me either positively or negatively; as long as we continue to recruit the in-state talent on that side of the ball we'll be fine. The guy seems to be a few degrees off center, but in reality short of bringing John Hoke back I don't see our defense getting drastically worse no matter who Coach Mac hired. Laying down good fundamentals, applying proper motivation, and putting the players in a position to succeed is all a DC at UF really needs to do. The talent will take over from there.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Everyone keeps saying Nuss is going to bring more "Mushball". The only reason we've suffered from "Mushball" around here recently is because "Mush" was the HC. You can run the ball 50+% of the time and still have a successful offense. It's called mixing up the formations and plays run out of those formations to actually keep the defenses guessing what you're going to do next. Under our most recent ex-HC, we never fooled anybody. We ran on 1st down, ran on 2nd down, and usually threw incomplete (dropped pass) on 3rd and long. We never fooled anybody for 4 years around here. Well, except for UGA. Still for the life of me can't understand how they didn't adjust better in this year's game. That was just pathetic on their part. Nobody else ever had any trouble stopping our run game by stacking the box except maybe in 2012 where we we Jumbo'd a few teams into submission.

Mushswishyhips is gone. His prehistoric philosophy is gone. His bullheadedness is gone. Let's give our new HC a chance before we throw away our season tickets. As far as I know, he hasn't coached a single game for the Gators yet. We don't know what kind of offense we're even going to run yet! Give the doom and gloom a break until we actually see the product he puts on the field. Can we please?

Oh, and Harbaugh wasn't coming to UF no matter how much Foley tried to offer him. Stop being jealous of Meatchicken. They got their guy because they were the only ones that even had a remote possibility of getting him.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n138737 said:
Good question. Because that is what we do here. Bitch about things that have not yet happened.

That is what YOU do here. Not "we".

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.