Heads high boys

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n299157 said:
Other than the last 2 drives Treon did what he was supposed to do. He took care of ghe ball, put 21 points on the board and special teams added another. Tough game and we knew it would come down to whether we could stop Fournette. And we couldn't. We also could run the ball at all. I'm ready to give the Jordan's more carries at RB. Taylor just isn't getting it done. He's okay. But that's about it. Tough loss but it would have been gravy to win a game like that this year.

We knew we wouldn't stop Fournette. The problem was we couldn't stop Brandon Harris.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
The fake killed us. I called it before it happened to my wife. Calloway is going to be a special player for us and he's going to be kicking himself for that one drop despite all the amazing plays he made. This team is coming along with a very winnable schedule the rest of the way as long as our D doesn't crap the bed like it did the first half. A few slips, wrong angles, mental mistakes, bad calls, and Poole in coverage going the other way and we had this one.

Harris has two weeks to get ready for GA. He's got to see the field better as he had some guys open at times he couldn't see do to his height. Once he figures a way to see the whole field he is going to be pretty dang good.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n299141 said:
Treon is what he is and I'm afraid Muschump ****ed him up between the ears just like Driskel.
Treon would look like a Heisman contender behind a good line handing off to Fournette.

Will scored 14 points vs Kintucky. Mac can straighten Treon out too given time.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Bernardo de la Paz;n299161 said:
We knew we wouldn't stop Fournette. The problem was we couldn't stop Brandon Harris.
The reason Brandon Harris was any good was because we loaded everyone up to stop Fournette and forgot about WR's. Fournette was unstoppable without everyone's help.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n299185 said:
The reason Brandon Harris was any good was because we loaded everyone up to stop Fournette and forgot about WR's. Fournette was unstoppable without everyone's help.

The giant meltdown in the second quarter was because guys were selling out for the run and not taking care of their assignment. That was why Mac made the comment at the half about trusting their teammates and doing their job.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n299181 said:
Treon would look like a Heisman contender behind a good line handing off to Fournette.

Will scored 14 points vs Kintucky. Mac can straighten Treon out too given time.

I doubt that. He wouldn't be able to see over the line and would still be too slow to make the decisions.

You're right, Will scored 14 on Kentucky. So are you saying he's just as bad as Treon or that their level of talent is equal? Cause just last week you were praising these OLman.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Bernardo de la Paz;n299193 said:
The giant meltdown in the second quarter was because guys were selling out for the run and not taking care of their assignment. That was why Mac made the comment at the half about trusting their teammates and doing their job.
I think that's what I just said.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n299196 said:
I think that's what I just said.

What I am trying to say is that we had the ability to stop Brandon Harris, as we did in the second half. We knew that Fournette would get his.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
aka;n299138 said:
It will hurt even worse when Mac shows them they probably could have won. They won't satisfied.
Good. I hope they are never again satisfied with just keeping the game close.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Fwiw, Brandon Harris was something like 4/8 for 16 yards in the second half. We do that the whole game...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator said:
You're right, Will scored 14 on Kentucky. So are you saying he's just as bad as Treon or that their level of talent is equal? Cause just last week you were praising these OLman.
I'm praising the OL for being something other than a complete disaster but they aren't good. They are freshmen and a transfer. They will be in a year or two though.

No the level of the talent isn't equal. Obviously LSU is far better than Kintucky.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Or how bout a player with a hand on a fumble and his elbow down ball is down right there

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Coach Mac has us way ahead of schedule, you can see that already. Wait till he gets his own players into his system and we are going to win some SEC Titles. Our future is bright. Go Gators!!

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n299222 said:
I'm praising the OL for being something other than a complete disaster but they aren't good. They are freshmen and a transfer. They will be in a year or two though.

No the level of the talent isn't equal. Obviously LSU is far better than Kintucky.

Now you're just confusing. Of course LSU is better than Kintucky. Yeah, Grier had 2 TDs on them but everyone on here, except Swamped, says if Grier plays tonight we win.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This team has guts, if nothing else. Guts can take you a long way. Antonio Callaway is a freaking gamer, love that kid. Gonna be my favorite Gator in a long time.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n299257 said:
Now you're just confusing. Of course LSU is better than Kintucky. Yeah, Grier had 2 TDs on them but everyone on here, except Swamped, says if Grier plays tonight we win.

I don't think we automatically win with Grier. We gave up way too many points and we couldn't run to save our lives. Those are the reasons we lost in my opinion.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
A little too moral victory for me. We made a lot of mistakes in this game starting with Mac. Doesn't go for it 4th and a foot past our 40 with the lead in the 1st half, then goes for it 4th and 13 or something in obvious punt situation. Wasted most of out TO and didn't have guys ready for a fake despite the fact that LSU does it to us virtually every game. I'd give him a C in this game.

With this loss we used up all of our safety margin. Next loss starts dropping season goals so hopefully they're a little better prepared for the next outing.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n299289 said:
Wasted most of out TO and didn't have guys ready for a fake despite the fact that LSU does it to us virtually every game.

Interesting thing is that Miles referred to that after the game on TV when asked about that play. "we put it in specially this week for them." Hope Mac puts that in the file from now on.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well it does suck losing, especially when we could have done enough to win it. We all would have taken 6-1 at this point prior to the season. But really lets look at where we are now. We're a young team that played a more talent depth team to the last play of the game. They had grit and fought and didn't crap the bed when it got bad in the second quarter. All this with our B/U QB. The D made some plays and lost some equally. We all knew a win in DV would be hard to pull off. Not to mention a coaching staff that didn't turtle up either. This will sting for a while and that's good. Part of the growth and learning that they need. And I'm glad we have a coach and staff now that realize this and are paving the way for long time. Rest assured Mac will have this team ready sooner rather than later to dish out what we got last night. UT and Ole Miss have received a dose already.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
NVGator;n299257 said:
So go get Grier if you think it can happen. But you cant so this is just "what if masturbation". We are two years ahead of schedule. We are thin at LB and the O line with mac magic has been fckn amazing but still a weakness. I will go you one better. IF we have Tim Tebow we kill their ass. But like Grier he cannot play for us this year. DB U looked mortal tonite. But BY GOD this team did not fold in a stadium that rivals ours for noise and excitement. This team has more than exceeded expectations (if there were any beyond just show improvement) and finally lost to a top team in the nation. Play the FCKNE BLAME GAME if it makes you sleep better but we have a REAL FOOTBALL TEAM after a real clstrfck the last few years...........back to you. Law.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator