Heads high boys

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Found this shot making the rounds on Twitter. The team loves Mac and aren't afraid to show it. Awesome. Just awesome...

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
gator lester;n299326 said:
which season goals from before we started? I wish we won, but happy with improvements!
I know some of you guys have been so beaten down you believed the talking heads (and Law:headshake:) when they said we didn't have any good players despite being near the top in last 4 yrs average recruiting rankings.

Same goals every year, win the SEC which puts you in the NC picture. If we lose another game we are almost certainly out of the playoff. Need to win out now or get some big breaks now. It was a winnable game and if not for a few plays and decisions we may have pulled it off.

BTW, the line right before the game moved to UF +6.5. We didn't cover that. We didn't do anything great in this game by being within one score. We were one TD dogs and lost by a TD. Like I said, I'd give the coaches a C in this one. Need to do better going forward. Chump is gone, no more UT style moral victory bullsh*t.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n299516 said:
I know some of you guys have been so beaten down you believed the talking heads (and Law:headshake:) when they said we didn't have any good players despite being near the top in last 4 yrs average recruiting rankings.

Same goals every year, win the SEC which puts you in the NC picture. If we lose another game we are almost certainly out of the playoff. Need to win out now or get some big breaks now. It was a winnable game and if not for a few plays and decisions we may have pulled it off.

BTW, the line right before the game moved to UF +6.5. We didn't cover that. We didn't do anything great in this game by being within one score. We were one TD dogs and lost by a TD. Like I said, I'd give the coaches a C in this one. Need to do better going forward. Chump is gone, no more UT style moral victory bullsh*t.

Name one person that has claimed a moral victory. Just one.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
[QUOTE='78;n299385]I imagine Mac standing on the sidelines last night and wondering how it might be in the same situation a year or two from now, after he's added a few solid recruiting classes. The players love this guy. I feel good about the future.[/QUOTE]
Seems unlikely although it would explain why he did have a clue the fake was coming. He was daydreaming about a game 2 yrs away?

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
MJMGator;n299517 said:
Name one person that has claimed a moral victory. Just one.

"To have been in the running for this game till the end with our backup is amazing. "
"I feel just as good about this team as I did this morning. They don't quit"
"If I told you two months ago that we would feel like we "let one slip away" at LSU everyone on this board would've taken that."
"A night game in death valley and it took a field goal to beat us."

This one has to take the cake though:

"This team has character and so much upside this was almost a win in terms of team momentum despite the 7 pt deficit."

These quotes sound like they came directly from the UT forum. It's not the end of the world or the end of the season but we lost, they won. They're undefeated and in great shape to make the playoff, we're in worse shape than we were and used up our safety margin. Win out and we're good but folks are way too "happy" about how we didn't lose "that bad".

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
lagator;n299531 said:
"To have been in the running for this game till the end with our backup is amazing. "
"If I told you two months ago that we would feel like we "let one slip away" at LSU everyone on this board would've taken that."

These quotes sound like they came directly from the UT forum. It's not the end of the world or the end of the season but we lost, they won. They're undefeated and in great shape to make the playoff, we're in worse shape than we were and used up our safety margin. Win out and we're good but folks are way too "happy" about how we didn't lose "that bad".

So we aren't supposed to celebrate the fact that Coach Mac already has us lightyears ahead of schedule? Nobody is "happy" we lost but I think every single Gator fan is over the moon excited where we are today. Heck, people on this board thought 6 or 7 wins was likely this year, especially with our o-line. We have a very good chance at Atlanta and still have a halfway decent chance at the playoff.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;299531 said:

We get it. Unless we win every game you're not satisfied. Losing on the road with your backup quarterback under a new coach at night at the stadium that probably the home team hasn't lost out in seven or eight years… Not good enough. Got it.

By the way, also against a Heisman front runner running back and maybe with the worst offensive line in the SEC. Mac better win 'em all. We got some Bama fans around here…

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Swamped Gator;n299533 said:
So we aren't supposed to celebrate the fact that Coach Mac already has us lightyears ahead of schedule? Nobody is "happy" we lost but I think every single Gator fan is over the moon excited where we are today. Heck, people on this board thought 6 or 7 wins was likely this year, especially with our o-line. We have a very good chance at Atlanta and still have a halfway decent chance at the playoff.
People can celebrate whatever they want, but there's no such thing as a good loss for a championship caliber team. I'm a huge Mac supporter but ti doesn't make him perfect and he got schooled by an idiot savant in this game.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
GatorJ;n299535 said:
We get it. Unless we win every game you're not satisfied. Losing on the road with your backup quarterback under a new coach at night at the stadium that probably the home team hasn't lost out in seven or eight years… Not good enough. Got it.

By the way, also against a Heisman front runner running back and maybe with the worst offensive line in the SEC. Mac better win 'em all. We got some Bama fans around here…

Exactly. And that's how every coach, player and fan should feel too. It doesn't mean you will win them all, but you damn well should expect to.

BTW LSU lost twice at home last year.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Mac sucks. Treon sucks. We should scrap the football program immediately.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n299536 said:
People can celebrate whatever they want, but there's no such thing as a good loss for a championship caliber team. I'm a huge Mac supporter but ti doesn't make him perfect and he got schooled by an idiot savant in this game.

Yes, Miles is an idiot savant. But McElwain is just 7 games into his tenure here while Miles is in his what, 11th season at LSU?.​ Given the depths that muscrat sent us to, we should be thrilled to be where we are today. What Gator coach has ever won them all? Exactly. None. It's OK to not be happy with a loss, but please, put a sock in it.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
lagator;n299536 said:
That "Idiot Savant" as you called him is 136-50 with one national championship, two SEC championships and three western division championships. So throw that shovel down and stop digging that hole you just made while you are ahead.....

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
PaulDrake;n299549 said:
That "Idiot Savant" as you called him is 136-50 with one national championship, two SEC championships and three western division championships. So throw that shovel down and stop digging that hole you just made while you are ahead.....

If not for Saban, he's likely got at least one more NC and who knows how many more SEC crowns. He's had some head scratching moments during his tenure, but I think pretty highly of Miles. He's great for the SEC.

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
lagator;n299536 said:

If you really believe this you really don't know much about football.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
lagator;n299542 said:
Exactly. And that's how every coach, player and fan should feel too. It doesn't mean you will win them all, but you damn well should expect to.

I'm sure the loss will eat at the players and coaches way longer than it will the fans. It happened and now we get to see how the team reacts...They have 2 weeks to get better from it or get worse. We're trying to get this thing reprogrammed and this is all part of the process. BTW, I took it better than I usually do. I only punched the sofa once and that was in the 2nd quarter :lol2:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;299542 said:

I don't really know the record. But they do not lose at night at home very often. Actually here's their record under Les Miles:

3 Losses for LSU in 48 Saturday night games in Tiger Stadium since Les Miles became the Tigers' coach. LSU lost to No. 1 Florida in 2008, No. 1 Alabama in 2012 and now-No. 1 Mississippi State this season (2014).

And no. I don't expect us to win every game. And definitely not this season. The kids played hard. And still almost won the game. In case you didn't know, UF has never gone undefeated in any season. So your expectations are ridiculous.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;299564 said:
I'm sure the loss will eat at the players and coaches way longer than it will the fans. It happened and now we get to see how the team reacts...They have 2 weeks to get better from it or get worse. We're trying to get this thing reprogrammed and this is all part of the process. BTW, I took it better than I usually do. I only punched the sofa once and that was in the 2nd quarter :lol2:

The second-quarter was very aggravating. I really expected us to fold up because I was so used to the chump years. Mac did a remarkable job getting his team focused and on point in the second half.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sorry but I have to laugh at fans who "expect" UF to win every game no matter what. It's like they forget who we just got rid of, and how desperate our recruiting situation was 2 weeks before NSD. Seriously, have you really forgotten we had 3, THREE scholarship O-Linemen left when Muschamp was sent packing? Jesus age Christ man. You need a serious reality check.

NOBODY expected UF to be 6-1 at this point. NOBODY! And if you say you did, then I've got some beachfront property available in Nevada you might be interested in.:facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator