Heads high boys

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n299536 said:
there's no such thing as a good loss for a championship caliber team.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner, from your own keyboard. Nobody is happy about losing. Though we play in the now and for the now and nothing is out of the realm of possibility, it is highly doubtful we are a championship calibre team. I'm not knocking them or making excuses, we're just probably not there,..yet. I'm still hopeful but the rest is gravy.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n299564 said:
I'm sure the loss will eat at the players and coaches way longer than it will the fans. It happened and now we get to see how the team reacts...They have 2 weeks to get better from it or get worse. We're trying to get this thing reprogrammed and this is all part of the process. BTW, I took it better than I usually do. I only punched the sofa once and that was in the 2nd quarter :lol2:

.... and you got an urgent call from Aaron Rents.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm
lagator;n299516 said:
when they said we didn't have any good players despite being near the top in last 4 yrs average recruiting rankings.
The roster is what it is. We didn't have enough OL to PRACTICE, not to withstand a year of SEC, but not enough to PRACTICE. Hard to install an offense when you can't even practice.

We had a handful of LBs, all of whom had injury histories and now have walkons in the 2 slot for all positions. We have no true NT and play DEs at DT. We have no safeties with cover skills. Plenty of those 4 stars from the last year (ie Pittman) will never contribute anything positive.

It's impossible to overstate how great of a job Mac has done piecing together an OL and managing to hide our other roster flaws at LB and DT. I'm pissed about some things, like ST play, but just being 6-1 and being in control of our destiny for the SEC is one of the most miraculous coaching jobs I've ever seen.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n299536 said:
People can celebrate whatever they want, but there's no such thing as a good loss for a championship caliber team.

There was this loss for a championship caliber team that led to a "Promise" speech...

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Law98gator;n299626 said:
The roster is what it is. We didn't have enough OL to PRACTICE. Not to withstand a year of SEC, but not enough to PRACTICE. Hard to install an offense when you can't even practice.

We had a handful of LBs, all of whom had injury histories and now have walkons in the 2 slot for all positions. We have no true NT and play DEs at DT. We have no safeties with cover skills. Plenty of those 4 stars from the last year (ie Pittman) will never contribute anything positive.

It's impossible to overstate how great of a job Mac has done piecing together an OL and managing to hide our other roster flaws at LB and DT. I'm pissed about some things, like ST play, but just being 6-1 and being in control of our destiny for the SEC is one of the most miraculous coaching jobs I've ever seen.

[video=youtube;rg5DL5LFZIM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg5DL5LFZIM[/video]

gator lester

Sep 13, 2015
GatorJ;n299566 said:
The second-quarter was very aggravating. I really expected us to fold up because I was so used to the chump years. Mac did a remarkable job getting his team focused and on point in the second half.

I also expected such and quit watching the play was so bad! Sometimes when I stop watching things improve!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator