Ho Hum... Another 3 Star

alcoholica

I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
6-3 seems kinda tall to play CB. I wonder if Mac sees a position change in college?
I think it has said in every article that he may play safety, but they'd like it if he can catch on at CB because of his length

rogdochar

RIP
Lifetime Member
I agree with the repulsion at filling up with 3*s, when 4*-5* will probably
be coming our way for 2016-2017.

t-gator

too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
No, I don't. I'm just saying that I understand the reasoning by the staff. He feels that he can take any quarterback with a certain skill set and turn them in to all Americans. We've already seen him do it. The kids listed above don't have exceptional production or measureables.
If he can make any qb an all American out of any qb then why can't treon produce? Also the Burnett kid is a very good athlete from a good football program.

GatorBenji

You people like to cry about everything. You saw how Mac finished last year with recruiting and u see how many people are trending UP with florida. Have some damn patience. Its late November most of the high end 5 stars/4 stars don't start committing until Early Jan (EE) or signing day.

GatorJ

Hopeful
If he can make any qb an all American out of any qb then why can't treon produce? Also the Burnett kid is a very good athlete from a good football program.

Actually, what I said was:

He feels that he can take any quarterback with a certain skill set and turn them in to all Americans.

Treon either does not have the skill set or it could be that he needs another off season to work with him. His QB at Colorado St. was garbage his first year with Mac.

Last edited:

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Well Chauncey Gardner signed a financial aid package to enroll in Jan. He is a 4 star.

t-gator

too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Actually, what I said was:

Treon either does not have the skill set or it could be that he needs another off season to work with him. His QB at Colorado St. was garbage his first year with Mac.[/b]
His qb got hurt in the middle of the season. Also, how is that any different than us taking a athletes with good size and speed and making a db out of em? It's alot easier to teach an athetic kid to play db than a flag football all star to play qb in the sec. We can argue all day about trask but the truth is he has never played a meaningful snap at the highschool level and and we have walk ons way more deserving of a scholarship.

GatorJ

Hopeful
Also, how is that any different than us taking a athletes with good size and speed and making a db out of em?

That would be fine. But these are smallish low ranked DBs. Bring on 3-4 high ranked DBs (which we need this class) and then supplement with Non-productive WRs/athletes. Like Spurrier used to do.

Homer J

Lifetime Member
We have signed two 3* safeties, that happen to be friends with a top LB. Oh yeah, these two can play, as well.

Had we signed the three star Nkemdiche brother, Robert would have signed with us.

alcoholica

Lifetime Member
when do the next set of revised ratings come out? the ones that take into account the senior seasons

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
247 has us at #10 now. We have 23 in the class. I think a large class is what is in order. Sure it will be nice to close with some 5-stars but I would rather get our numbers up. We are DANGEROUSLY THIN at LB and QB. We need way more D-linemen and of course O-linemen.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
247 has us at #10 now. We have 23 in the class. I think a large class is what is in order. Sure it will be nice to close with some 5-stars but I would rather get our numbers up. We are DANGEROUSLY THIN at LB and QB. We need way more D-linemen and of course O-linemen.
So you think having a full roster if 3 stars is a good thing? :headslap:

alcoholica

Lifetime Member
You mean the one where all our 3 stars miraculously become 5 stars?

Nah but I figured a few might turn into 4* once their new ratings come out. I find it hard to believe that Mac is reaching on so many guys with the season we're having.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator