Hurricane Irma check-in / status report

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Similar at my house, brother. Wife collects rescue dogs like a toddler at the beach collects sea shells. Then I get to feed them and pay vet bills. No travel for us. :shake:
Yep three rescue dogs and two cats we inherited when our hoarder neighbors got evicted and left them behind. The wife also traps the ferals to get them fixed so I constantly have to deal with that.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Even a thread about an impending cat 4 landfall turns into a dick measuring contest here. :rolleyes3:

Who cares who is right about this thing? Just prepare yourself and stay safe. FFS.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tell me you guys are putting up your shutters.
Plan on it later today. Will just find someone with a ladder in the neighborhood to borrow. Talked to a woman this morning as I was leaving work who was working on hers.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bama, half the way between ATL & B-ham just off I-20. If anyone is seeking refuge up this way hit me up.

All my family is around Brooker (~15 miles N of Gainesville), and no, I'm not related to Coach or Dougie :whew:
Not sure yet if they are headed this way or plan to ride it out. At least some will stay, I'm certain of that. Should know later today. Most of them are Gators, the others we don't claim :lol:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bama, half the way between ATL & B-ham just off I-20. If anyone is seeking refuge up this way hit me up.

All my family is around Brooker (~15 miles N of Gainesville), and no, I'm not related to Coach or Dougie :whew:
Not sure yet if they are headed this way or plan to ride it out. At least some will stay, I'm certain of that. Should know later today. Most of them are Gators, the others we don't claim :lol:
Best of luck to them, Bradford County is low land, but Brooker is probably some of the higher ground there

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
We are in Albuquerque but my sister is in Pensacola and my brother and his family are in Jax. Both are hunkering down. Prayers for all of you in the path. I worked for Gulf Power when Camille came ashore and remember the devastation well. Be safe and take care of each other.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
We are in Albuquerque but my sister is in Pensacola and my brother and his family are in Jax. Both are hunkering down. Prayers for all of you in the path. I worked for Gulf Power when Camille came ashore and remember the devastation well. Be safe and take care of each other.
This storm is big enough to the point that you may not necessarily be safe in Albuquerque.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I am in Live Oak and I live in a block / brick house with ALOT of trees around me. I am not really too worried about me but I manage 21 rentals and several are mobile homes. We have never really had to board up any windows here in the past and based on reports we shouldnt have to this time. Everyone stay safe.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Downtown Palatka, concrete block, thin ancient roof(my main concern). I am on the list for a new one as we speak but the rain has them behind. A big room full of musical gear, much of it vintage has me concerned. Oh well.
I started my vacation today, whoopee, and was supposed to leave for NC and Tenn, money already spent. Was going to stay until the worst moved through when it was going more east, then head out. Now I don't know. Today and tomorrow finish prep. Though I may rush today and leave in the wee hours tonight. Please be safe, ya'll.

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
:bananawave: It's a lovely, summer like day in Pembroke Pines. We're looking forward to a typical South Florida weekend, with some snorkeling off Dania Beach tomorrow morning, some bass fishing in the Everglades early Sunday and dinner on the broadwalk on Hollywood Beach Sunday night with numerous friends.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This will hit NFL on Monday 9/11, isis is controlling the weather

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Front looks like it's moving again. If it picks up some speed, we could see some shifts East on projections

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
In Northeast LA. Please be careful during this time and don't let the attempted rescue of something material cost you your life. Meanwhile I will be here antagonizing LSU fans non-stop. Btw when it comes to bourbon there is Elijah Craig, and everything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.