Hurricane Irma check-in / status report

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
With the storm shifting west, I'm in the middle of taking my shutters back down.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Storm shifted west again. Cold front must just be too late. Need it to go hit Tally

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
In Northeast LA. Please be careful during this time and don't let the attempted rescue of something material cost you your life. Meanwhile I will be here antagonizing LSU fans non-stop. Btw when it comes to bourbon there is Elijah Craig, and everything else.
fake news, good Bourbon, but not the best. On sale at Publix with a coupon I think

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
This transmission is coming to you from Jacksonville, FL. Wife and I decided to ride this baby out based on the forecast so far. It could change, of course, which would force us to hit the road but they closed all the schools here Friday and Monday which gave me time to do the due diligence i need here at home. My students seems dangerously carefree about all of it and celebrating the fact they had extra days off for school. I simply don't understand why they would rather be home instead of in my classroom showering in my charismatic animistic personality.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Welp Amtrak just cancelled all services in Florida and Georgia. I guess it real serious now....

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Was mowing the grass after work yesterday and the damn thing had an issue. I decided to go ahead and drop it off for service this morning. I wanted to get there before it opened. By some miracle, the gas station beside my repair shop had fuel, so I topped off the truck and filled a 5 gallon can. Checked in my mower, and a shipment of honda nearly quiet generators was dropped off. Picked one up. Stopped at a ghetto kmart, picked up their last AC window unit. At this point.... I can comfortably go 7 days with no electricity with a cold room in the house and a fridge operational.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Oh... and the bar is always fully stocked. I spent about 4 hours today prepping the outside. Im ready. Nothing left to do except drink and wait and play in the pool.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The wife and I decided to stay here on the east coast. The idea of getting on the gridlocked highway, heading north, losing power up there anyway, and then the nightmare of getting back swayed us.

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
In north central FL. Getting things prepped today. Riding it out. Livestock and other animals to worry about. Got the necessities and a generator so hopefully it won't get too bad. Do need to get some more beer though.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
The wife and I decided to stay here on the east coast. The idea of getting on the gridlocked highway, heading north, losing power up there anyway, and then the nightmare of getting back swayed us.

Same here Ox. We are riding it out even though the St. John's River is right outside my door. By the way, it doesn't look that peaceful now. Wind rolled in about 10am. It is nasty out there. I could barely stand on the dock. This pic was taken this morning.

585_n.jpg

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alachua County is reportedly opening it's schools for those stranded on the interstate.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
IMG_2658.jpg

Live shot. Yes, its a coors light. Bring on the hate.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
actually could have had a generator today at the mowing shop near me, but they jacked the price up double on them.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
4a2ecc1dd4995e096be835eb6aa71248.jpg

Still prepping kinda, based on info in the a.m tomorrow may have to shutter up

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.