Hurricane Irma check-in / status report

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Needing trampoline ideas for this storm. Kids got one with the net, now internet said to lift the net poles up and let them collapse on top of trampoline. I'm thinking about doing that and ratchet strapped the net and poles to the frame. I'm thinking next of maybe flipping it over and maybe anchoring it to one of my corner fence post? This is the 1st year that I've had to worry about a trampoline during the storm. I was trying to think of ways to do it that avoided too much dismantling of the thing.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Needing trampoline ideas for this storm. Kids got one with the net, now internet said to lift the net poles up and let them collapse on top of trampoline. I'm thinking about doing that and ratchet strapped the net and poles to the frame. I'm thinking next of maybe flipping it over and maybe anchoring it to one of my corner fence post? This is the 1st year that I've had to worry about a trampoline during the storm. I was trying to think of ways to do it that avoided too much dismantling of the thing.

Remove the safety net and mounting poles. Flip it over so the jumping surface is on the ground. Place something very heavy in the center. One year, I parked my lawn mower on top of it.....

Those things become Frisbees in even moderate winds gusts.....

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015

Make your kids hold it down, it will make them appreciate it more.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Remove the safety net and mounting poles. Flip it over so the jumping surface is on the ground. Place something very heavy in the center. One year, I parked my lawn mower on top of it.....

Those things become Frisbees in even moderate winds gusts.....

I'm gonna try this, but the thing is the net at the bottom is connected to the mat with the spring ringlets so in order to completely remove net I'd have to remove each spring, so I'm just gonna try to ratchet the poles and net down to the top and then flip it.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm gonna try this, but the thing is the net at the bottom is connected to the mat with the spring ringlets so in order to completely remove net I'd have to remove each spring, so I'm just gonna try to ratchet the poles and net down to the top and then flip it.
Take the bottom legs off. Lay it flat on the ground and throw them in the mat. Take top poles of and lay them on top. The whole thing took 5 minutes and the removal of 10 screws. It aint going to take flight if it is laying flat like that.

IMG_2660.jpg

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Take the bottom legs off. Lay it flat on the ground and throw them in the mat. Take top poles of and lay them on top. The whole thing took 5 minutes and the removal of 10 screws. It aint going to take flight if it is laying flat like that.

IMG_2660.jpg

I'm thinking of doing something similar, the legs will be easy to take off, must be similar to yours, just screws have to be removed. Do you got all the poles, net and legs tie down to the top?

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm thinking of doing something similar, the legs will be easy to take off, must be similar to yours, just screws have to be removed. Do you got all the poles, net and legs tie down to the top?

I did not tie them down. But I guess I could with a ratchet strap very easily.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Just be glad your wife stumbled onto those. You're going to be glad they are up.
We seriously had no clue they were in our downstairs closet until last night. I had seen them in there when we moved in almost two years ago but never gave it a second thought. Then EVERYONE in our neighborhood was putting them up yesterday and SQ figured it out. We're doofuses.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I did not tie them down. But I guess I could with a ratchet strap very easily.

That what I'm gonna do, may be overkill, but this storm is a monster and I don't doubt it could still pick the thing up after I do all that

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
I was all ready to drive 8 hours (or more due to traffic) to TN. But now they're saying we may only get Cat 1 winds. I may just hunker down...

With alcohol. Lots of alcohol. I'm especially thinking whiskey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator