I have a feeling that Franks is in for a long day on Saturday

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I absolutely agree that it could be a tough day if LSU manages to stifle the run - but that's by no means a foregone conclusion. I understand that LSU has better talent (at least on paper) than any previous SEC opponent we've faced this year. But going from a sorry, half-hearted wheeze of an effort last week to playing lights out for 4 quarters, ain't easy. And regardless of the whys and wherefores, Troy physically dominated both lines of scrimmage. Color me unimpressed. Florida will continue to improve to the dismay of many and will win a close one. Franks will do "OK," not great but good enough.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If the Gator mojo and want to shows up plus a bouncing Richter Scale 12th man... we could find a way to win. Go Gators!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
one thing I don't understand is that someone says something derogatory towards me or a pic of me making fun of me but yet I am the one in trouble to be banned...like they just now posted a pic of a rhino pooping saying to change my pic to that. What is that about?? Yet I get in trouble for rooting for our Gators and sticking it to the trolls when the Gators WIN.
It is proof we love you boss. We only mess with our favorites.

Ox loves us all. Ive heard him say it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If lsu sells out stopping the run it should simplify the reads in the passing game for Franks. We have Powell, tall wideouts, TE's and running backs who can catch the ball. One on one gives us a better opportunity to make a play, I hope.

If you are an SEC defensive coordinator and you are playing any team not named Texas or Mizzu and you do anything other than sellout to stop the run on these 1950s offenses, you should be sued for professional malpractice.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
If you are an SEC defensive coordinator and you are playing any team not named Texas or Mizzu and you do anything other than sellout to stop the run on these 1950s offenses, you should be sued for professional malpractice.
I don't disagree with that, my point is coverages in the secondary will be simplified and more easily recognized. He!! I'm grasping at straws here.

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017
Scary game no doubt. LSU is getting healthy for this game and now we are down Callaway and Cleveland. If our top 3 are going to be Powell, Hammond, and Toney, that is advantage LSU. I like Toney a lot but right now he isn't an accomplished route runner who is going downfield making plays. Ditto for Powell but he has a lot of heart. Hammond needs to step his effin game up, kid has been invisible for two weeks. Throw in Franks still inconsistent in his reads and this could be a tough game passing the ball.

I still think we have success running the ball. They can scheme all they want and load the box but we are really starting to get in our groove in the run game. I can see us rushing for at least 150 yards as a team.

Defensively we need to pray Guice doesn't play. If he does we are in trouble. We aren't a good defense right now. Youth in the secondary and mediocre LB's is killing us. We have a good defensive line but let's not pretend Michigan and Tenn didn't run us over. I'm guessing the Tigers are going with Etling. That helps us. He stinks.

Close game and for some reason Mac just knows how to win these close ones in the fourth quarter.

Florida 17
LSU 14

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't disagree with that, my point is coverages in the secondary will be simplified and more easily recognized. He!! I'm grasping at straws here.
Yeah, well, I will take my chances w Etling and 95% of the other SEC QBs.

Our linebackers suck in coverage though.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
.Close game and for some reason Mac just knows how to make games against cupcakes into close ones
Making games against terrible teams close games isnt a positive thing by any stretch of the imagination.

Gatorup!

Nov 14, 2016
This is a team that IMO is getting a little bit better with each game. If that trend continues, we win. For example, the playbook includes more Toney every week. The OL has started to play with some want-to. And I believe Franks is going to show improvement. He's got coaches supporting him, unlike what muschimp did to Driskel.

It's not all systems go yet, but it's moving in the right direction.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Still don't see it. If you're basing "progress" on barely beating a horrible Vandy team, that's not a very good example. And while it's possible our offense is getting SLIGHTLY better (and that isn't saying much), the defense appears to be getting worse by the week.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is a team that IMO is getting a little bit better with each game. If that trend continues, we win. For example, the playbook includes more Toney every week. The OL has started to play with some want-to. And I believe Franks is going to show improvement. He's got coaches supporting him, unlike what muschimp did to Driskel.

He's been benched in half the games played this year and hardly let him throw downfield. Maybe things will change now that Del Rio isn't an option anymore, but I'm not holding my breath.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

Exactly, against bad offenses you play base defense until they show that can do something against you. If they show they can run, then you shore up the run. If they shore they can pass, you adjust to that including maybe pass rush help.

Certainly if you LBs can not cover, you need to use them to force a quick maybe bad throw by the other QB.

But mainly you don't help a bed offense by creating weaknesses in your own defense unless they start having success doing something against you.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
This isn't Vandy's defensive line. LSU has horses up front, as always. And this time, they are pissed and embarrassed coming off that loss to Troy.
Then the best thing to do would be to kick them right in the nutsack on the very first offensive play just to show them that they're in for another long day.....And yet I'll bet Butters throws a WR screen or some other 2 yard pass play.....

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Then the best thing to do would be to kick them right in the nutsack on the very first offensive play just to show them that they're in for another long day.....And yet I'll bet Butters throws a WR screen or some other 2 yard pass play.....
Run up the middle for no gain is the most likely. Really show them who's boss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator