I have a feeling that Franks is in for a long day on Saturday

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
You're predicting doom and gloom? Knock me over with a feather!

Knock-me-down-with-a-feather.jpg

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I never saw that post.

Perhaps you should PM me if you have some personal issue with me and we can discuss it.

Aside from a PM, just wanted to note I'm being a pretentious jerk (Sas doesn't own the market). I hadn't seen Marianna's post before either, just seemed in line with this topic.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
This isn't Vandy's defensive line. LSU has horses up front, as always. And this time, they are pissed and embarrassed coming off that loss to Troy.

I’ll grant you that Troy did us no favors winning last week but if play decent or better we should win the game in a fashion other than a last minute “miracle” play.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Maybe a new deep threat emerges to replace Cleveland.

Daquon Green?

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If the gameplan is conservative, then I think we will struggle to score points. If they let Franks use his arm instead of throwing screen passes and drags 75% of the time, then I think we'll win. A few big pass plays is all we'll need to open up the running game. Also finding creative ways to get Toney the ball could be the key to winning this game.

While I'm thinking about it, LSU's offense is also a disaster, so maybe we'll be gifted a turnover or two like in previous games to help us score points.

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
I think the run game is going to work pretty well. This will force LSU to take some chances. Then, I think Franks (and receivers) is good enough to take advantage. But the run game needs to be there.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I predict plenty of passing with Franks throwing for over 400 yards horizontally resulting in 37 yards vertically.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
However, I think Franks is up to the task and picks the LSU defense apart. If we get up a couple of TDs I think LSU lies down and dies.
I agree that Franks might be but the coaching staff isnt. Nothing is going to change the run and screen pass game plan.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I guess that could happen but LSU has looked pretty soft against the run. If Troy can run for 200+ yards on them and Miss State almost 300 yards on them we should be able to run on them.
I haven't watched either of those teams play so maybe you can answer this and it might give understanding as to why they ran for so much. Do either of those team present a threat throwing the ball? If their is no threat to throw the ball then it's a lot easier to stop the run.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
I don't disagree with the feeling of caution headed into this game but I have heard multiple college football commentators claiming that LSU does not currently have their typical lineup of 5* future-NFL guys stocking the lines of scrimmage. Not just due to injury. What I saw of the Troy game surprised me as to how they were dominated, at least for stretches of the game, on the defensive and offensive fronts. I read that Miles had lost some recruiting pizzaz over his last years and they were not pulling in as many blue chip linemen like they always did.

That said, I trust Davis will continue his outstanding play and the Oline will continue to improve. I am hoping for a win that provides at least 5 minutes of relief from worry at the very end.

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I haven't watched either of those teams play so maybe you can answer this and it might give understanding as to why they ran for so much. Do either of those team present a threat throwing the ball? If their is no threat to throw the ball then it's a lot easier to stop the run.

Troy is 55th in the nation, averaging 250 yards per game in the air. A pedestrian 6.7 YPA (94th in the country).
Mississippi State is 107th in the nation, averaging 169 ypg. averages 5.7 YPA (121st in the country).

It's not like these pose THAT much of an air threat. For comparison:

UF is 79th, averaging 212 ypg. We average 8.0 YPA (42nd in country). Also our completion percentage is 62%, Troy's is 64% and MSU's is 51%.

So if they could run on LSU with their lack of passing attacks...I don't want to get too confident but I think we should be fine.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

If? If? 30 games into this shytfest and we are wondering "if"?

I wasn't really wondering. I fully expect to see a conservative gameplan Saturday and for us to struggle offensively.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

If? If? 30 games into this shytfest and we are wondering "if"?

I'm not really wondering. I expect us to struggle offensively, and because of that, I see this as a toss up game. That said, if the coaches actually coached and created a good gameplan, then we would win by multiple scores. It's been decades since we've played a LSU team this bad. It's sad but this coaching staff has done wonders at lowering fans' expectations. I miss the days when we would expect to beat a bad team by at least 4 touchdowns. Now we're just hoping to score 4 touchdowns.

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I’ve noticed #45, R.J. Raymond, playing fullback on short yardage/goal line situations. I’ve never liked establishing a run game in the shotgun without a fullback. I would like to see more full back lead blocks in our game plan.

That would be my game plan for this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator