If Franks is the starter....

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
You don't even have a clue do you?

Yeah...my point was simple...giving Franks the same number of passes wouldn't yield the same results. Sober up dude. Or do you want to triple down on your ********?

ex·trap·o·late
ikˈstrapəˌlāt/
verb
verb: extrapolate; 3rd person present: extrapolates; past tense: extrapolated; past participle: extrapolated; gerund or present participle: extrapolating
  1. extend the application of (a method or conclusion, especially one based on statistics) to an unknown situation by assuming that existing trends will continue or similar methods will be applicable.
    "the results cannot be extrapolated to other patient groups"
    • estimate or conclude (something) by extrapolating.
      "attempts to extrapolate likely human cancers from laboratory studies"
    • Mathematics
      extend (a graph, curve, or range of values) by inferring unknown values from trends in the known data.
      "a set of extrapolated values"

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Yeah...my point was simple...giving Franks the same number of passes wouldn't yield the same results. Sober up dude. Or do you want to triple down on your ********?

ex·trap·o·late
ikˈstrapəˌlāt/
verb
verb: extrapolate; 3rd person present: extrapolates; past tense: extrapolated; past participle: extrapolated; gerund or present participle: extrapolating
  1. extend the application of (a method or conclusion, especially one based on statistics) to an unknown situation by assuming that existing trends will continue or similar methods will be applicable.
    • Mathematics
      extend (a graph, curve, or range of values) by inferring unknown values from trends in the known data.

I'm sure I can't undo your liberal arts education. Perhaps your parents could spring for a Mathnasium tutor.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure I can't undo your liberal arts education. Perhaps your parents could spring for a Mathnasium tutor.

Even your attempt at insults is below par. Take a break buddy. It's sad watching you flail around tonight. Next time.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Man, that's tough.

I will be very surprised if Franks throws for half the yards of DJ. Very surprised.

And DJ couldn't run. Franks will get a few yards on opportune runs, like AA did.
As I said, Franks doesn't have SOS. I remember DJ throwing swing passes at the knees, over the head, or behind them. If DJ was on this team, he'd have shytty stats too.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
As I said, Franks doesn't have SOS. I remember DJ throwing swing passes at the knees, over the head, or behind them. If DJ was on this team, he'd have shytty stats too.

Nobody could throw a pass into the dirt like DJ.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

ex·trap·o·late
ikˈstrapəˌlāt/
verb
    • Mathematics

:stirpot:..... webstir.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think Franks will have a very good year this year... on the scout team. Only two QB's playing this year are Zaire and LDR; however, Toney may get in on some packages.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

ex·trap·o·late
ikˈstrapəˌlāt/
verb
    • Mathematics
Well that's good you can look up the definition but you can't understand it. We're talking data here, that means Mathematics.
You used Zaire and Frank's Senior seasons. Which is fine from the standpoint that if you extrapolate their HS stats their completion rates would be about the same as their average which happens to be about the same as their senior seasons. For whatever reason you decided to use LDR's average instead of his Sr. season (fit your argument better I suppose). However if you were to extrapolate his HS stats:
Jr year 55%
Sr year 70%
The extrapolated value for his following year would be 85%.

I'll let the Mathnasium tutor explain the math to you.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Grier 70.2% completion rate
Franks 56.9% completion rate

That kinda tells the story, doesn't it?

It tells "a" story. One that would include who had a HS team that was pass heavy and likely had a QB coach. As opposed to who had an athletic kid that could throw just kinda making it up and winging it out there, maybe the WR figured out where to be, maybe not. And as others noted, what kind of defenses did they face would likely be part of the story.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It tells "a" story. One that would include who had a HS team that was pass heavy and likely had a QB coach. As opposed to who had an athletic kid that could throw just kinda making it up and winging it out there, maybe the WR figured out where to be, maybe not. And as others noted, what kind of defenses did they face would likely be part of the story.

I "hope" Mac 'n Nuss have it in them to get Franks more accurate, but I'm not sure they helped Applebottom much.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I want Franks or Trask to start. Zaire is an overrated Notre Dame nothingburger and Del Rio is a spoiled punk.

So of course, LDR will start and Meeshegan will pound us by 20+.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I "hope" Mac 'n Nuss have it in them to get Franks more accurate, but I'm not sure they helped Applebottom much.

Yeah, I was challenging what folks could take from those stats.

However, in looking at MacNuss, not a lot of interpretation to be had. No QB to last a season as starter or show much. Staff hasn't shown they can improve a QB, especially with the turnstyle we've had at the position.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Frozen ropes arent very helpful. Dipshytskel thru frozen ropes, Wuerrfel threw touchdowns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator