If Mac gets fired next year who would you hire?

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
What about charlie strong, folks around here had a hard one for him a couple years ago.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Comon man, you can't be throwing facts around like that. It spoils the narrative.
The facts are we have beaten NO ONE good with that record, and about 80% of the wins against crappy teams were by the skin of our teeth.

Maybe things will suddenly get better, but we appear to be headed in a downward trajectory.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
So I guess we have at least 2 years, maybe three more years of these threads. Uggh.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
The facts are we have beaten NO ONE good with that record, and about 80% of the wins against crappy teams were by the skin of our teeth.

Maybe things will suddenly get better, but we appear to be headed in a downward trajectory.
We beat Ole Miss, UT and UGA last year. But don't let me get you off the narrative.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We beat Ole Miss, UT and UGA last year. But don't let me get you off the narrative.
We would've beat the :nole:s too if we'd had a real QB instead of a midget that couldn't see wide open receivers.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Next year will be too late because LSU is gonna make a serious run at Bert after this year.....:whistle:

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Mac isn't going anywhere. We can't afford to pay him, Duncechump, and a new HC.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Theoretically, I would want a young, aggressive, offense-minded Coach. Not a retread or career assistant.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
What is also noteworthy is Mac is 1 - 5 vs. ranked opponents. Not so hot...
We've already established he's 2-6 against ranked teams, but 5 of those were with Treon at QB and the other was UT this year (which I actually placed almost solely on the coaching staff).

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Too early to make that call. We're not playing all that well, but we're 4-1 and still in the hunt. These next three games will reveal a lot about this team as well as his future. He's for sure coming back for a third season.

Gatorbait_007

Jan 14, 2016
Fwiw:
Since 2015

Jim McElwain (Florida) 14-5
Jimbo Fisher (FSU) 13-5

And that's Year 7 for Jimbo after all these "5 star recruiting classes"

Also Macs only losses as a gator coach are with a backup qb. 8-0 with starter.

Mac has 3 wins against teams with a record above .500. Including this year. His wins have a combined record of 64-79. 7 of our wins last year won 5 games or less.
The GA win we played a QB/Water boy making his first start and no Nick Chubb. Does this count then?
The TN win took us an ungodly amount of 4th down conversions and a Butch collapse to win.
The Ole Miss game is an anomaly. The only true dominant performance.

Do you think 11 wins against teams below .500 at Florida is impressive? I sure as hell don't. We should beat those teams even with a 2nd string QB. That GA win was with Treon as QB. It's hilarious when people use the 14-5 record of Mac as an accomplishment to me. If FSU went 12-0 and only beat 3 teams with a winning record most would say they benefitted from an easy schedule. If you claim 14-5 is an accomplishment with our schedule you might as well go bowling without pins and claim a 300.

If we fire Mac I doubt we get any of those names on the board. Unless Briles is in need an no one has offered. Petrino may be the only other maybe.

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
To answer the OP's question. We hire the best offensive coach available that has shown he has a pulse when it comes to recruiting.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
I would love a dabo hire. I'd go after him. Not sure he would come here but uf is clearly superior to Clemson.

One would think. But that's not the case anymore. Clemson over the last 5 years or so is definitely a superior program in comparison to us. Saying "we are Florida" doesn't work anymore. We can't keep living off our name and the past and expect to be good. It doesn't work that way.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We've already established he's 2-6 against ranked teams, but 5 of those were with Treon at QB and the other was UT this year (which I actually placed almost solely on the coaching staff).
Didn't Mac claim, in his initial press conference, that he could win with his dog at QB? To me, that removes Treon from the equation...

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Too early to make that call. We're not playing all that well, but we're 4-1 and still in the hunt. These next three games will reveal a lot about this team as well as his future. He's for sure coming back for a third season.
GTFO with that level headed approach sir.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Didn't Mac claim, in his initial press conference, that he could win with his dog at QB? To me, that removes Treon from the equation...
In fairness, the dog is taller and doesn't catch her own batted down passes and try to re-throw them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.