If we lose the rest of our games....

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure how Meyer would fare in the NIL and transfer portal era. It’s a different ballgame now. Who knows?

Meyer packs superstar power. I can't imagine a more dynamic name to sell the idea of "come join us here and we'll win now."

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Gotta tow the company line.
Interesting how a guy who would have been breaking shyt as a player is now goose stepping in line as a retired player. Also proof how one of the slowest LB's ever to play running in a straight line was one of the better MLB's to ever play in pads at UF.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Hopper cough cough Miller cough cough Houston nfl cough . The great Billy couldn’t convince Hop to stay out in Gainesville. Instead he went to the football Mecca known an CO MO. That’s how bad he wanted to get away from Billy Bob
Yup, none of those guys are still here. Hopper turned out to be better than theplaying time he was getting here from TG and while I like Miller and he was a tough guy, he couldn't cover for beans....

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Interesting how a guy who would have been breaking shyt as a player is now goose stepping in line as a retired player.
Did you guys ever think that maybe, just maybe, he meant what he said? That he actually feels that way? Spikes doesn't strike me as a BS artist.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Did you guys ever think that maybe, just maybe, he meant what he said? That he actually feels that way? Spikes doesn't strike me as a BS artist.

barack obama GIF

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is where you lose me. We have this roster because he gutted it then slow played the portal.
This is a good point, especially the portal part. However, there were plenty defections of kids that were enjoying the lazy entitled culture that left on their own.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is pretty interesting. I hope this means that Corey Raymond is the fvk out of here.

And Hocke too.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
This is a good point, especially the portal part. However, there were plenty defections of kids that were enjoying the lazy entitled culture that left on their own.

He has got to be more aggressive early in the portal. Between that and how we screwed NIL to start set us backs. You can no longer build a roster by recruiting alone. Norvell couldn’t land a top 30 class so he went portal and flipped his trajectory once they fully opened it and allowed payments.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Stricklin needs to be fired

And Billy needs to be fired. Just take the bandaid off. Recruiting may suffer but fill in with portal kids and bring in an offensive minded head coach who can bring in an elite DC.

This whole shopping for our coaches at Walmart has to stop.
Walmart would be an upgrade...unfortunately

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This is pretty interesting. I hope this means that Corey Raymond is the fvk out of here.

And Hocke too.

Dayum, great link and thanks for posting it. Very good analysis and they get it.

I'll preface first with Billy KNOWS he has a shyt-ton to fix. In his way of how he speaks in public......this tells me in fact that he does know. Does that mean changes will come, yet to be seen. And rest assured, everyone is watching. But do agree with them in regards to keeping the recruiting going BUT you have to get them help and it's got to be through the portal. It is what it is in today's CFB.

Liked how their caller hit on the 2 min prior to the half. With LSUs D and lack thereof, we should have attacked relentlessly especially getting the ball in the second half. I'll just leave that horse to be beat on later.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
First, you didn't get it "right". And it's been the whole damn season. You said you've been to all the home games..were you actually sitting in the stadium or slamming high noons and just walking around in the tunnels?
High Noons?!?!?!? A man scoffs at that schit and goes straight for the Bud Light!

I’ve seen cans of Dos Equis, but I think they only sell them in the “old fuks” sections. I ain’t wandering the tunnels to find beer, I’m there to watch the game… and drink the closest available beer!

Last edited:

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
I think the lowest any of the major services anyone is 247 putting UF at 15th. So far losses to teams with composite rankings of 31, 32 and 33, and two more likely losses coming to teams with less talent.

Some coaches just do more with what they have.
It just goes to show that, sometimes, less really is more.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Nova has an entire bag of fortune cookies he goes through before making posts.

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
Meyer packs superstar power. I can't imagine a more dynamic name to sell the idea of "come join us here and we'll win now."
MEYER? YUK! That man has left so much damange in his wake it's amazing. His last stint with the Jacksonville Jags
had the high points of dumping Tebow after a unfair test period, and a clip of some hottie at his sleezy bar in Ohio
giving him a crotch dance, and Meyer grinning from ear to ear like he was in his teens and his finger up her rear end.
The last of the 4 Gator coaches who had a modicum of success was Old Butters! At least he had two SECe Championship
Game appearences to his credit.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Not sure how Meyer would fare in the NIL and transfer portal era. It’s a different ballgame now. Who knows?
Exciting coach's attract exciting players.....imo he would get some of the best available players in the portal and we saw how well he recruited at OSU and UF. In my honest opinion Meyer would have this program at no less than 9-10 wins next season regardless of the schedule because his process is based around immediate actions, Karl's is like watching paint dry in the rain.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What are our coaching options and AD options that we could/should target?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.