Injury update for LSU

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
Some of the new starters are going to get a big wake up call with regards to big time SEC football.
Unfortunately I believe you are correct, but that just makes it that much better if the Gators can pull out a win. I can't wait to see this game. Not much else going on this week in college football.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Every team has injuries. Championship coaches have depth.
Alabama Clemson Michigan and Ohio state having this problem?

Did our three title teams have this problem?

Did auburn, Alabama, FSU, LSU, Texas, USC, and Oklahoma, Ohio state, have those problems? I mean that's dating back to 2000. And the answer is, no.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Every team has injuries. Championship coaches have depth.

Championship Coaches and Teams have not had the recruiting we have had the last 6 years. It's the state we are currently in.

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
Alabama Clemson Michigan and Ohio state having this problem?

Did our three title teams have this problem?

Did auburn, Alabama, FSU, LSU, Texas, USC, and Oklahoma, Ohio state, have those problems? I mean that's dating back to 2000. And the answer is, no.
I think one of the major factors in Auburn losing last week was their running back and quarterback were injured. The quarterback played anyway.

And Alabama loses multiple players to injury, but you can't really tell because another elite player steps up. Bama is relatively thin on running backs right now. I think the one that played Saturday was wearing a brace on his knee.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I see people lining up with excuses already. Mac is just unlucky I guess. Poor guy.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I see people lining up with excuses already. Mac is just unlucky I guess. Poor guy.

Two of those recruiting classes are his... recruiting has sucked for approximately 6 years, he owns 1/3 of it.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think one of the major factors in Auburn losing last week was their running back and quarterback were injured. The quarterback played anyway.

And Alabama loses multiple players to injury, but you can't really tell because another elite player steps up. Bama is relatively thin on running backs right now. I think the one that played Saturday was wearing a brace on his knee.

was the brace needed or just wearing one. I know one of our OL coaches late 90's early 00's suggested that the big boys where them to reduce the stress on their knees regardless if they were injured or not. I thought it was odd at the time, and I don't know if his thinking lead to more or less injuries.. but he felt it did.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
My expectations are pretty low at this point... I just rather be proud and disappointed than embarrassed and pissed. Go Gators!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Two of those recruiting classes are his... recruiting has sucked for approximately 6 years, he owns 1/3 of it.
Aw shucks - he just got here. He is still building relationships. Nothing is on Mac until 2017. That's basecamp! We just need to gather around the campfire and sing songs and hold hands.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Aw shucks - he just got here. He is still building relationships. Nothing is on Mac until 2017. That's basecamp! We just need to gather around the campfire and sing songs and hold hands.

Nope, he owns what he can control. I'm not going to fault a man for what he can't control. He walked into a team with 6 Olinemen, beyond his control. The fact we haven't recruited enough OL/DT the last cycle and this current cycle is on him.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
kamp-kumbaya1.jpg

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

I just hope we win. You disappear when we win.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
This is entirely speculation but there's a practice report on 247. It's a VIP thread but it has 20 upvotes already. I'm assuming there's positive news with who's out there practicing.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Yes... But I was pleasantly surprised with the way the young guys have stepped up. We have been losing a lot of veterans and the young pups (which are his guys) have done surprisingly well. That's how you build depth. It doesn't happen over night and the guys that are stepping in are freshman, redshirt freshman and true sophomores. I was very impressed with our young LB's on Saturday also but I fear they will be exposed this week against LSU.

No doubt recruiting needs to get better in a hurry... My biggest concern this year is he HAS to get some ready to contribute DT's and some SEC caliber OL. If he fails there, especially at DT, it will be his downfall.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yes... But I was pleasantly surprised with the way the young guys have stepped up. We have been losing a lot of veterans and the young pups (which are his guys) have done surprisingly well. That's how you build depth. It doesn't happen over night and the guys that are stepping in are freshman, redshirt freshman and true sophomores. I was very impressed with our young LB's on Saturday also but I fear they will be exposed this week against LSU.

No doubt recruiting needs to get better in a hurry... My biggest concern this year is he HAS to get some ready to contribute DT's and some SEC caliber OL. If he fails there, especially at DT, it will be his downfall.

The linebackers were surprisingly better than expected on Saturday, and the offensive line with the injuries sustained in game played above expected on Saturday. But that was USCe, which most of us wondered before the season if that roster had 6 wins in it. This Saturday is LSU, which will be a true test.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The linebackers were surprisingly better than expected on Saturday, and the offensive line with the injuries sustained in game played above expected on Saturday. But that was USCe, which most of us wondered before the season if that roster had 6 wins in it. This Saturday is LSU, which will be a true test.

No doubt...The competition presented by the Bayou Bengal Tigers will be much stiffer than muschamp's limp dick lame cocks

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'd be way more impressed if the freshmen came on the field and looked like the next Tebow, Percy, or Spikes instead of the next backup guard, though I am happy to have a backup guard or two now, no doubt.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'd say longer than 6 years...we were not filling our classes under Meyer and getting small...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator