Injury update for LSU

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'd be way more impressed if the freshmen came on the field and looked like the next Tebow, Percy, or Spikes instead of the next backup guard, though I am happy to have a backup guard or two now, no doubt.
You want a tebow clone to play guard?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'd say longer than 6 years...we were not filling our classes under Meyer and getting small...

And being limited to 25 a year, it takes a while to go from 20+ under the scholly limit back up to a full roster. You lose players every year to graduation, transfers, and career ending injuries. You don't get back to 85 in 2 years. You just don't. I get that we seem to be targetting too many 3* types, but depth is going to be an issue for a while around here. It just can't be fixed quickly.

TheSaintThing05

Founding Member
Frost or death
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Aw shucks - he just got here. He is still building relationships. Nothing is on Mac until 2017. That's basecamp! We just need to gather around the campfire and sing songs and hold hands.

Nothing drives me crazy like the "Mac is still building relationships" argument. Urban came from Bowling Green and Utah with no ties to Fla and reeled in the #1 classes in 2006 and 2007. Mac got #14 in his first full year and right now were around the 17-19 range and not looking any better. Recruiting is absolutely Mac's weakness. I don't know how you turn that around.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And being limited to 25 a year
You aren't limited to 25 a year with the kids that count back. I think it was 7 last year but it might have been 8, so we have at least that many available this year in addition to the 25. I think McCoy counted back also so it may be 9. Michigan has 29 right now, Texas 28, and UCLA 30. It is not a strict 25, it is 25 with an asterisk.

Not that it matters. We told everyone we were going to grab 32 or so last year and even with the dregs we still couldn't manage it. You can't fill the roster if you can't sign talented kids.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing drives me crazy like the "Mac is still building relationships" argument. Urban came from Bowling Green and Utah with no ties to Fla and reeled in the #1 classes in 2006 and 2007. Mac got #14 in his first full year and right now were around the 17-19 range and not looking any better. Recruiting is absolutely Mac's weakness. I don't know how you turn that around.

Mac needs to work on his relationship with you, St.Thing ? {me too}.
Once Tebow left, everything about us deteriorated, even Meyer, even recruiting, even team morale.
I'm just pointing out how much coaching-up" a Tebow-type can mean. And Meyer had no recruiting
relationship with Tim - he was close to signing with the Bama Shula-boy, except his parents met &
married while at UF and Tim always held UF as his emotional favorite. Could it somewhat be that
UF has lost its traditional edge at generating & holding emotional favor among youngster athletes?
I mean winning their loyalty starting around 10 y.o.??

OMG, we do need higher "go get'em" from our coach for our on the field players and our not yet on
the field recruits. Isn't choosing where to go to college an emotional decision, full of excitement &
emotion, not full of that Zendous sound of one hand clapping. How does GatorNation get that from
this HC?

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Recruiting is absolutely Mac's weakness. I don't know how you turn that around.

Idk if I would call recruiting his biggest weakness . Coaching offense is also a pretty big weakness. Noah brindice was on the radio today talking about how unimpressed he is with mac. He even hinted that shane and spurrier are too.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Idk if I would call recruiting his biggest weakness . Coaching offense is also a pretty big weakness. Noah brindice was on the radio today talking about how unimpressed he is with mac. He even hinted that shane and spurrier are too.

We've got Spurdog in an office right in the stadium. Take advantage of his deep talent for offense and let him school our $3.5M village idiot on how to do his job. Recruiting. Gameday coaching. Everything

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

What people forget about Meyer is he kept people in the staff and support staff who already had those connections. Which I believe was a failure on McElwain's part was not keeping enough people with those relationships.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We are in pretty bad shape if people are talking like this openly.

I know he isnt going anywhere, hell we havent even paid off dummazz Fooley's LAST mistake yet, but if everyone is convinced then why screw TWO more recruiting classes and push the rebuild off for 3-6 years.

The next guy will probably inherit one of the least talented teams in the SEC, not just one of the least talented offenses. It is going to be a tough sell.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We are in pretty bad shape if people are talking like this openly.

I know he isnt going anywhere, hell we havent even paid off dummazz Fooley's LAST mistake yet, but if everyone is convinced then why screw TWO more recruiting classes and push the rebuild off for 3-6 years.

The next guy will probably inherit one of the least talented teams in the SEC, not just one of the least talented offenses. It is going to be a tough sell.
I was pretty shocked that brindice had him on blast. But Dooley said that there was some former players who were pretty unhappy.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was pretty shocked that brindice had him on blast. But Dooley said that there was some former players who were pretty unhappy.

I'm sure a lot of Spurrier's former players are unhappy, because you see possible similarities in the offense without the dynamic playcalling.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I wish Shane would stop making all these positive comments about coaches and QBs in the offseason. Every time he gives one big props and says how good they looked at practice and the rest they end up playing or coaching like crap.

TheSaintThing05

Founding Member
Frost or death
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
All I know is that once we get to the point where a coach is talking about noise in the system, as well as a lot of fans being miserable, it usually never turns around for a coach. The only case i can quickly point to off the top of my head is Gus Malzahn. He was all but fired and then turned it around, and hell, even he isn't out of the woods yet. If Auburn tanks like expected vs Bama, he may very well be fired.

Another thing Ive noticed is that in 2013 and 2014 Gator Nation was somewhat split 50/50 on Muschamp and his future. From what Ive gathered, more people are skeptical of Mac than in favor of letting him ride this out several more years. Maybe its that Will had more of a likable personality to those in the UAA?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
All I know is that once we get to the point where a coach is talking about noise in the system, as well as a lot of fans being miserable, it usually never turns around for a coach. The only case i can quickly point to off the top of my head is Gus Malzahn. He was all but fired and then turned it around, and hell, even he isn't out of the woods yet. If Auburn tanks like expected vs Bama, he may very well be fired.

Another thing Ive noticed is that in 2013 and 2014 Gator Nation was somewhat split 50/50 on Muschamp and his future. From what Ive gathered, more people are skeptical of Mac than in favor of letting him ride this out several more years. Maybe its that Will had more of a likable personality to those in the UAA?

I think it is the fact Muschamp wore the UAA and the fanbase down, so unlike Muschamp coming in on the high of Meyer, we were already down and with the previous 4 years of experience the leash was shorter.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I think it is the fact Muschamp wore the UAA and the fanbase down, so unlike Muschamp coming in on the high of Meyer, we were already down and with the previous 4 years of experience the leash was shorter.

So what does Jesus Jeremy go and do? Buys out a 21-17 mid-major coach and signs him to a six year deal. Basically a screw you to the fanbase. He's Jeremy F-ing Foley and he knows all. The football program is in shambles because of the egotistical d bag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator