Is Anyone Tracking Flights Out of Gainesville

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n95417 said:
I doubt Mark is in Lexington for long. He's made an impression already and will have some offers soon.

He actually just signed a second contract extension yesterday or the day before.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;95640 said:
soflagator;n95417 said:
I doubt Mark is in Lexington for long. He's made an impression already and will have some offers soon.
He actually just signed a second contract extension yesterday or the day before.

Yep. A big one. He'll make more than Muschamp.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
If Foley goes after Stoops again, it will mess up the whole process. Stoops isn't coming. You can bet on that.

Also when a couple of potential coaches turn you down, it becomes harder to get a quality HC. They start wondering why others turned it down and feel like they were at the bottom of the list. Remember any coach we go after is already in a good situation and isn't really looking.

Foley needs to hold his cards close to chest so it won't appear we are being turned down by several coaches. If they don't show a lot of interest, look else where.

If he fires WM by Monday out timing should be pretty good.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
williston_gator;n95640 said:

That's fine. But once the realization of the ceiling at UK sets in, and other programs come calling, I don't see him staying. Obviously I could be wrong, but I don't see UK ever keeping a great football coach.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n95668 said:
That's fine. But once the realization of the ceiling at UK sets in, and other programs come calling, I don't see him staying. Obviously I could be wrong, but I don't see UK ever keeping a great football coach.

I assume a partial reason for the extension is a fear of other teams calling.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
My sources said they saw the UF plane pulling onto the runway in Tuscaloosa last night. Apparently they turned the transponder off so nobody could track it. Looks like they're going after Kiffin in secret.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n95679 said:
My sources said they saw the UF plane pulling onto the runway in Tuscaloosa last night. Apparently they turned the transponder off so nobody could track it. Looks like they're going after Kiffin in secret.
Wrong, man. They're going after Saban. Kiffin would take over Bama.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n95683 said:

I don't know about that, apparently Saban really enjoys his local dog obedience school that he sends his three Shih Tzus to.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n95683 said:

Saban will never come to UF. We don't pay players enough. He couldn't recruit here like he can at Bama.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This from a thread about UF coming after Stoops on SoonerScoop.com

Re: Don't shoot the messenger.....but UF coming for StoopsReply

We are very lucky here at OU. I rarely say good things about Bob Stoops. Know this, we have him in a jailhouse of a contract. If UF takes him, somebody is going owe us big time. Well take that 25 million and add to it the 25 million we were going to pay Bob, then we will hire the Jesus of Football himself to replace him. We will never lose again! (Maniacal or menstrual laughing) GO SOONERS!

If Bob leaves, I'll cry.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Interesting that one of the UAA planes was in Miami on Oct. 29th. That mean they are after Al Golden? Seriously, I can't believe they would use these planes as part of the new coach search process, it would be too much of a tip off....

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
PaulDrake;n95715 said:
Interesting that one of the UAA planes was in Miami on Oct. 29th. That mean they are after Al Golden? Seriously, I can't believe they would use these planes as part of the new coach search process, it would be too much of a tip off....

I think it was in Fedora's area also.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
My guess is that all conversations with coaches during the season are with the coaches agent. No 'respectable' coach wants to be caught interviewing for another position during the season. Plus the fact that UF does not currently have an opening ~ technically. But we know, based on what Trace Armstrong told Colin Cowherd, Foley is actively searching. Just my guess.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n95723 said:
They are recruiting don't freak out.

I was going to mention the same thing...recruiting trips are being taken right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.