Is competitive eating a sport?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
This is the where we inform zambo that I dont think golf is a real sport either, and people like john daly are the exact reason why. :lol:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
:lol: somebody made the point that nascar drivers aren't athletes because they couldn't do an obstacle course, yet I doubt not only John Daly but Babe Ruth or Charles Barkley or David Wells or Roberto Colon or Terrence Cody or a huge list of other "athletes" could do the obstacle course either.

The definition of whether something is a "sport" or just an activity is whether women can do it just as well as men.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I dont think golf is a real sport either, and people like john daly are the exact reason why

Daly is on the Senior Tour and he is not representative of the sport. It's obvious he just gave up years ago (physically speaking).

Dustin Johnson is number one in the Fed Ex Cup rankings and he's in pretty good shape.
Not to mention his average drive off the tee is 312 yards.
Golf also involves hitting a ball with a club...so what about it isn't a sport?
Should they race each other from hole to hole?

dustin-johnson-wgc-mexico-sunday-2017-fist.jpg

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
:lol: somebody made the point that nascar drivers aren't athletes because they couldn't do an obstacle course, yet I doubt not only John Daly but Babe Ruth or Charles Barkley or David Wells or Roberto Colon or Terrence Cody or a huge list of other "athletes" could do the obstacle course either.

The definition of whether something is a "sport" or just an activity is whether women can do it just as well as men.
Touche'!
giphy.gif

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
and another thing!
What about bobsledding?
the guys just push, jump in and go along for the ride (ballast) while one drives.
Is that a sport?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Now see bowling is actually a sport because women can't do it as well as men. Its not like darts or billiards where all you have to do is aim. A bigger, faster ball knocks down more pins than a slower, lighter ball. There are some good women bowlers but other than a couple of flukes in the past no woman can win consistently on the pro bowling tour even though they are allowed to compete on the tour with men.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Now see bowling is actually a sport because women can't do it as well as men. Its not like darts or billiards where all you have to do is aim. A bigger, faster ball knocks down more pins than a slower, lighter ball. There are some good women bowlers but other than a couple of flukes in the past no woman can win consistently on the pro bowling tour even though they are allowed to compete on the tour with men.
You been listening to Nav about the wimmens?

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Since we're kind of talking about eating I have a question for Zambo. Have you ever flown with a Southwest pilot who has an insanely fierce love of mayonnaise? Yesterday we were waiting for our flight in Tampa and the pilot at a table next to us proceeded to empty at least 6 big packets of mayo onto his sandwich wrapper. He then would use his sandwich like a snow shovel and plow through the mayo snow drift with every single bite. After about 3 bites he had to empty more mayo packets onto the wrapper so he could finish eating. It might have been one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen. Anyway, just curious because that guy is a heart attack waiting to happen, just hope its not mid-flight!

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sure what the fuss is about. We used to have puking contests in college, and those were highly competitive and required a great deal of physical exertion. Finding an optimal place to engage finger to throat (hanging over a balcony, outside a sorority house, on the hood of a nole's car, etc.) required more than a modicum of skill, and if we'd known about competitive eating at the time, we'd have considered that to be a proper warm up for the real sport we were engaging in.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Since we're kind of talking about eating I have a question for Zambo. Have you ever flown with a Southwest pilot who has an insanely fierce love of mayonnaise? Yesterday we were waiting for our flight in Tampa and the pilot at a table next to us proceeded to empty at least 6 big packets of mayo onto his sandwich wrapper. He then would use his sandwich like a snow shovel and plow through the mayo snow drift with every single bite. After about 3 bites he had to empty more mayo packets onto the wrapper so he could finish eating. It might have been one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen. Anyway, just curious because that guy is a heart attack waiting to happen, just hope its not mid-flight!

Gotta make sure it wasn't horseraddish -- takes a real healthy man to down that much horseraddish. Hard to know Queenie, unless you did your usual "pass the mayo, please". Also Queenie, what exactly was the co-pilot eating?

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So if competitive eating is a sport, what about competitive taking a dump?? Maybe collectively together it is a sport?? Going in and coming out??

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gotta make sure it wasn't horseraddish -- takes a real healthy man to down that much horseraddish. Hard to know Queenie, unless you did your usual "pass the mayo, please". Also Queenie, what exactly was the co-pilot eating?
Oh it was mayo...packs and packs of Hellman's mayo. The co-pilot wasn't eating, just sitting there listening to the guy talk and watching him scoop heaping gobs of mayo into his mouth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator